John Terry

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It makes literally no odds what’s he’s won as a player. Looks a Brian robson, he didn’t exactly succeed in management did he.

Just like then we would be appointing a name and nothing more. I’d hate this appointment

As opposed to appointing a Ex player who won nothing in his playing career like say Micky Adams.
There is no guarantee that any manager you appoint will be a success, not even appointing Klopp would guarantee us promotion back to the Premiership at the first attempt.
My point being about Terry is he has put the work in, he's not just gone out and applied for manager jobs straight after retiring from playing.
He could easily have just retired and lived comfortably off his earnings but instead he has chosen to learn about management, for me that says alot about him and that management is something he really wants to have a good go at.
I have no idea if John Terry will be a good manager but he's certainly gone about trying to become one in the right way and for me he deserves a bit of credit for that.
Just out of interest how would you feel if Jags was in the running to be our next manager ?

I really do despair at our fans sometimes.
They don't want an Ex International footballer who played at the highest level in England lifted countless trophies of which Blades fans can only dream about winning. Who could have just retired and lived comfortably off his earnings doing a bit of TV work like a lot of Ex players do. But instead chose to be come an assistant manager to learn the trade, something he has done at Premiership and Championship level for a good few years now.
You would rather give the job too "Gerrit forward Blades" man from the kop.
No, I'd rather give it to someone who has actually managed before.

As opposed to appointing a Ex player who won nothing in his playing career like say Micky Adams.
There is no guarantee that any manager you appoint will be a success, not even appointing Klopp would guarantee us promotion back to the Premiership at the first attempt.
My point being about Terry is he has put the work in, he's not just gone out and applied for manager jobs straight after retiring from playing.
He could easily have just retired and lived comfortably off his earnings but instead he has chosen to learn about management, for me that says alot about him and that management is something he really wants to have a good go at.
I have no idea if John Terry will be a good manager but he's certainly gone about trying to become one in the right way and for me he deserves a bit of credit for that.
Just out of interest how would you feel if Jags was in the running to be our next manager ?
They all have to start somewhere! We cant afford to get it wrong so Terey cant be in the frame.
He would be a far bigger risk than Blessin .
Terry doing it the right way but not for us surely

Tbf if Terry's Dad and Uncle can give him the bird at a game, then I think it's perfectly acceptable for all of us to do it

They don't want an Ex International footballer who played at the highest level in England lifted countless trophies of which Blades fans can only dream about winning. Who could have just retired and lived comfortably off his earnings doing a bit of TV work like a lot of Ex players do. But instead chose to be come an assistant manager to learn the trade, something he has done at Premiership and Championship level for a good few years now.

Just an opinion nothing to cry over. His playing career doesn't qualify him to manage the dog and duck by the way. His job as assistant manager at Villa gives us zero evidence of his managerial credentials. There are thousands of better qualified candidates. You come across a bit starstruck...

Just an opinion nothing to cry over. His playing career doesn't qualify him to manage the dog and duck by the way. His job as assistant manager at Villa gives us zero evidence of his managerial credentials. There are thousands of better qualified candidates. You come across a bit starstruck...

Not crying about anything or starstruck by him, i just want the best for the Blades. I just think there are alot of people on here rejecting him for his past and comparing him with Robson which is just silly.

Sorry Bush I disagree in respect of Keane, he's a lot of a knob mate reight arrogant big-headed twat.
I see Keane’s failings on the same spectrum, at different ends, as Adkins. You can’t be 100% twat or 100% best friends.

If Wednesday stay up, he would be perfect for them. He's a massive penis and would fit right in.

That Martin Peters bloke was a decent player. Did a great job with United.......

That Martin Peters bloke was a decent player. Did a great job with United.......

You had better tell every International footballer at top clubs coming to the end of their illustrious careers that they better not go into management because Martin Peters was a decent player but was a crap manager.

You had better tell every International footballer at top clubs coming to the end of their illustrious careers that they better not go into management because Martin Peters was a decent player but was a crap manager.
I know. It's almost like being an international footballer has no bearing on success as a manager isn't it

If John Terry wanted to be a manager would not the best way to be a manager to become a manager? You may then say how do I know he's not applied for many manager jobs, but my guess is that Terry has not applied to the likes of Leyton Orient but has preferred to go via the coaching route and therefore in my view should be classed as a coach and not a manager unless he proves himself as a manager. He's a big name and I'm sure a League 2 club would appoint him as that is often where novice managers start. But most big names do not become managers in the lower leagues because they know it could go wrong and it's hard work etc and they hope to start in the Championship like Rooney and Lampard etc.

Limited budget means JT wouldn’t contemplate us... thank god !

I wouldn't count on that mate. I'm sure John Terry would jump at the chance to manager a club just relegated from the PL and with parachute payments.

Managing someone like Preston would be working on a budget, we on the other hand will have one of the highest wage budgets and will likely spend some money on new signings also, epescially with Berge going and the money we'll get from his sale.

Maybe Jags is already appointed hence the lack of leaked candidates ???

I’m getting old and my brain is deteriorating but can you think of a comparative scenario? When was the last time a championship club appointed a novice and it was successful. All I can think of is Robson at Boro, when he was given a large chequebook. Lampard did OK, wasn’t a disaster but didn’t achieve his brief, which was to get them promoted.
Scott Parker at Fulham you senile old twat.

Back
Top Bottom