John Terry

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Re. Rumours that John Terry is on a shortlist to replace CW.

This thug is the last person who should be coming to our club.
I would not watch the Blades under his leadership and would wait until he had left.

Opinions?
Dont mean to sound rude but ive got no opinion either way as to 'you not watching us under John Terry's leadership', sorry mate 👍

Would you say the same if Martindale was in the frame?

I remember a whole load of people who said the same thing when we were about to sign Ched Evans. I bet none stuck to their word!

If Terry gets us promoted who cares?

He'll have lots of contacts and will be a draw to getting new players in, and will command respect from everyone because of what he achieved in the game.

Personally I'd prefer Lampard as he has more experience and is without baggage, c'est la vie

Can‘t see it myself, sure he is ready to take on management in his own right but the attraction to us would be his contacts, having been instrumental in getting Tammy Abraham and Ross Barkley to Villa on loan. As we are unlikely to pay that level of wages he didn’t seem to be the right fit unless he brings in Villa fringe players like Hourihane, Taylor’s and Engels. As for keeping away from a club due to the moral compass of footballers being role models, I believe that ship has sailed.

We could appoint a lot worse than John Terry in my opinion.
He served as No.2 at a big club. 3-4 yrs is it now ? Played under some high calibre managers.
Experience in both Championship and Premier Leagues.
Will be eager to try management.
He is British, knows how to achieve promotion from the Championship.
May have some pulling power to bring in loan signings.
Played at the very highest level.
Certainly not the worst name i have had heard mentioned for the job.
Jags as his No.2 ? Billy as a future coach ?

I don't care what he is, I'm past caring.
But I just know that now isn't the time to gamble on somebody who hasn't managed before

If we were still under McCabe I would put bets on it he is in the frame but I dont think PA would even consider it. Might be on the shortlist sounds like they had a lot of candidates like 20+ but I would expect him to be crossed off.

If he got us promoted I’d still hate the cunt. We’d be known as Terry’s Blades. Sounds like a wank barbers from 70s.
That and I couldn’t deal with the love in he would get from the pundits

I covered this a couple of weeks ago, carefully weighing up the pros and cons of making such an appointment:

I'd rather stick a glass thermometer down my urethra and slowly bend it until it shatters than have that cunt John Terry anywhere near this club quite frankly.

We should barricade the roads around the Lane and fight him off.

We won't need to
There isn't a hope in he'll of him coming, and that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Let some other club become the experiment

Aston Villa coach John Terry tipped for 'massive' Sheffield United impact after key update​

Aston Villa assistant head coach John Terry is reported to be a contender to take over as Sheffield United's next manager
Terry has now emerged as a contender for the job at Bramall Lane, according to recent reports from the Mirror.

If he got us promoted I’d still hate the cunt. We’d be known as Terry’s Blades. Sounds like a wank barbers from 70s.
That and I couldn’t deal with the love in he would get from the pundits
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I wouldn't rather self mutilate my trouser snake with glass and mercury than have John Terry but he wouldn't be my first choice either. Alas, each to their own...

Never managed before. No. Next.
I see this comment a lot, but I'd rather take someone who might be decent with no experience than some shit like Pardew/Allardyce/Pulis/Curbishley who have tried and failed many times over. I read once that in the football managerial profession there's a massive reward for mediocrity and failure, by not taking a punt on people with potential to be a decent manager we are just perpetuating this.

That said I despise John Terry and don't want the prick anywhere near my club.

Another article linking John Terry with us because apparently "we want a big name". Just like Alexander Blessin is of course?!

This John Terry link must have come from one source only in my view- Terry's agent wanting interest in his client. If John Terry wants to be a manager I would suggest to him to go and do what Wilder did and start in the non-league or League 2 and do your apprentership, but he thinks doing his apprentership is starting in the Championship! I don't think lamy clubs are daft enough to do that, other than Derby and that's not worked out that well in my view! Rooney might prove me wrong, but I think, again, he should have started lower down. Lampard had three or four quality loans and was able to spend millions and did ok, nothing more.

I see this comment a lot, but I'd rather take someone who might be decent with no experience than some shit like Pardew/Allardyce/Pulis/Curbishley who have tried and failed many times over. I read once that in the football managerial profession there's a massive reward for mediocrity and failure, by not taking a punt on people with potential to be a decent manager we are just perpetuating this.

That said I despise John Terry and don't want the prick anywhere near my club.
I recall hearing this on several occasions, often from new owners of clubs, when they appoint some random. I’m not buying it. You wouldn’t do it in any other type of business. IMO, in the top two divisions, it’s too difficult for a novice, there’s too little margin for error, particularly when it’s imperative a club gets promoted. Even Blessin makes me nervous and he’s actually got some experience. I keep thinking about Jack Ross. He looked like he was going to be someone a bit special...

Back
Top Bottom