CONFIRMED John Fleck joins Blackburn Rovers permanently

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Two broken legs, a broken back, an on-field fit, and still he kept on coming back for more (sort of). Very clearly made from girders.

A true club legend in our rise from League 1. At the heart of our two best midfields in living memory. For a few months at least, among the best midfielders in the Prem.

VERY best of everything to you and yours, Flecky! I‘ll look forward to the trip to Ewood more than usual next year.

Sheffield Wednesday-sized GLTTL.

Great signing as we Came through the lower leagues, not quite the same last couple of years, but GLTTL hope he can get fxed up for next season too

Good luck Flecky, thanks for the memories.
Esp on bouncing day,"bye bye mister flecky and pie, them good old boys are suppping whiskey and rye....on the day the piggies cried...."

What a signing he was for us. One of Wilders very best and I can imagine it was a tough decision for both of us.

Thanks John, for 4 seasons you were 🔥

Hope it works out at Blackburn for him...proper solid pro,and a key player over the years,will always be welcome at the Lane..GLTTL!

Club legend. It was time he moved on but gave us some great memories.

It makes me smile now when I look back at the midfield that we had in that League 1 season that I still used to get nervous before a game. Of course we were going to piss it (mainly) with Coutts, Fleck and Duffy. He mirrored our rise through the divisions and that left hand side of Stevens, Fleck and O'Connell will probably never be bettered.

A massive GLTTL, a true Blades legend. I just wish that the club would've announced Sharp, Stevens and Fleck leaving before the Preston game so they could have had a proper send off, it'd be good if there was a joint testimonial played for Sharp, Fleck and Bash

Cheers for the memories Flecky, been an honour and a privilege to watch you in the red and white!!
Good luck and all the best on whichever path you take now.

Good luck Flecky, some great memories of a terrific player in his pomp. I hope he shows the Blackburn fans the true Fleck & not the one of the last two seasons, he deserves that at least.

Good luck and thanks for the memories Flecky. One of my favourite players up until 2020 and then for some reason his career seemed to fall off a cliff due to injuries and he never recovered the form that made him a very good midfielder in his first premier league season. Done well to get a place in the championship with Blackburn hope he can put a couple past the pigs.

And so the last of our much loved holy trinity departs the club.

Rather like the hyper cars that arrived on the scene around the same time, our very own P1, 918 and LaFezza had the most profound effect on our club as the cars did in taking the automotive world to an entirely different level.

Mesmerising, outstanding and a joy to behold, I have only the fondest of memories of y’all.

And as for Mr Fleck, well, you lived in my head as a genuine £50m footballer once upon a time. Few Bladesmen have managed that.

Been more than a tad sad how your Blades career has fizzled out for you somewhat, but you can leave the club head held high owing the club and its fans precisely fuck all.

A heart on sleeve, tough battling and no less talented footballer as you could ever wish to see.

My sincere appreciation and heartfelt good wishes for your next chapter.

Once a Blade ❤️.

All the best John.

UTB

"John Fleck drinks Irn-Bru, he is our Scottish hero.
On a free from Coventry, he cost us fucking zero.

5 foot 6 and hard as fuck, he gets the boys excited
Shove your Wednesday up your arse, cos we are Sheff United!"

Some important goals for us too:

Pigs (obviously)
Coventry 3 days before Northampton to tee us up
Northampton to clinch promotion
Double v Villa in the PL
Arsenal away to grab a point

If we want to ramp up the atmosphere tomorrow then Gary Sinclair and his crew should put aside the normal video pre-match and show this video + the goals at Northampton and Hillsborough.

Have the volume on full.

Great memories. See if the present group can equal it against Villa.

Sad that it's come a couple of seasons too late, but by god what a player he was before that.

Hope he realises how much he's loved at the club and the past couple of years hasn't soured his opinion of us/United.
GLTTL

Unbelievable servant, great memories, he’ll always be well remembered, good luck Flecky

My favourite Fleck memories are:
  • FK at the sty
  • Northampton
  • Burnley at home in the premier and giving them an absolute football hiding, he was inspired that day - should have been 8 nil.
Really good on the ball passing and control, could put foot in, great engine, super attitude. The swiss army penknife of our midfield. Wonderful player at his peak.
Thanks and good luck John.

Wonderful to see such love and admiration for Flecky.

He was part of the best midfield I've seen at United. Three great players -Coutts, Duffy, and Fleck - who gelled in ways you couldn't imagine, but there we were with a superb, well oiled, full of football smarts, unit. Will I ever see such a wonderful threesome again wearing the red and white? I doubt it, but you can hope, because it's the hope that drives each of us on.

At his best John was a wonderful, wholehearted Blade, you can't ask for anymore, can you?

What a player he was for us. An actual club legend.

This actually took me by surprise late last night. Am a bit sad really! Will definitely be sure not to miss the Blackburn game next season, to join the applause.

Thank you John Fleck you gave us some great memories
Goal v Dum Pigs 🐷 on bouncing day
Goal away v Arsenal
Our 3 promotions
But my abiding memory is after the Chesterfield 100 point season game , and still being on London road with my good friend PB , we were in Barrel and Fleckie - Billy and Bash were behind the bar and
John Fleck handed me over a pint ( I did pay for it btw )
I have it somewhere on video I’ll try to put it on here
All the best John - Jimmy always welcome back

This actually took me by surprise late last night. Am a bit sad really!
Same. No matter how outstanding he has been for us it’s fair to say he was past his best, been struggling for a couple of years and we should have got rid sooner. I think those views would be pretty much unanimous with Blades fans.

Then when news broke last night I forgot all of the above and my first thought was, No!! Not Flecky he can’t have gone 😢

I know it was best all round but still so sad.

One of the VERY best.

Some midfielders have silky skills eg TC, Salmons, Sabella. Some do the "hard yards: eg Trevor Hockey and Flecky Boy. Irn Bru personified.

One of the best. 'Nuff said

Fleck - Coutts - Duffy will likely never be bettered again in our lifetimes. Absolutely dominated and destroyed teams from start to finish. Just brilliant to watch.

It's a travesty that Coutts and Duffy never got their shot in the Premier League.

"John Fleck drinks Irn-Bru, he is our Scottish hero.
On a free from Coventry, he cost us fucking zero.

5 foot 6 and hard as fuck, he gets the boys excited
Shove your Wednesday up your arse, cos we are Sheff United!"
Memries of the much-missed Boo Radley aka Kieran, singing this in the garden of the Beer Engine. Still makes me smile when I think of that.

Best footballing brain we have had in many a year…contribution too subtle for most to appreciate..would still be part of my squad..has been our biggest loss recently. Sure Blackburn will appreciate him!! Good luck pal

Back
Top Bottom