CONFIRMED John Fleck joins Blackburn Rovers permanently

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A quality player on his day and realised breath of fresh air in that league 1 team, especially after some of the midfielders that we had seen in those years.

Good luck to him and hopefully he can rediscover the old John Fleck while at Blackburn.

A big part of our recent history , a proper midfield dynamo in his heyday . Wish the lad nothing but the best & will leave it on his thunderbolt free kick at Swllsboro 🚀⚔️

It's the right thing for both parties, but seeing his name as a confirmed leaver made me genuinely sad.

For 4 years he was fantastic for us. Dynamic, passionate, tough and skilful. A genuine box to box goalscoring midfielder. His time with us was summed up for me when he was supporting an attack, the move broke down and he bust an absolute gut to run half the length of the field to put in a fabulous tackle and win the ball back. The whole ground stood and applauded.

A genuine legend.

He was never the same after the collapse at Reading, and I hope the move to Blackburn gives his career the swansong it deserves.

Good luck Flecky, you leave with our very best wishes, a lane legend

For someone who only scored 16 goals I think that two of them are in my personal top 10 of celebratory goal moments. Putting the pigs to the sword obviously, but for me the Northampton one was better. My first time ‘on the grass’ (as they say nowadays) for years! Thank you John Fleck you can call yourself a Blade

For someone who only scored 16 goals I think that two of them are in my personal top 10 of celebratory goal moments. Putting the pigs to the sword obviously, but for me the Northampton one was better. My first time ‘on the grass’ (as they say nowadays) for years! Thank you John Fleck you can call yourself a Blade
Those 2, the volley into the floor at Arsenal and the one v Burnley were all very good goals. Such a shame that Covid basically did Fleck. Since then he was a player who needed 5 games to get into his stride but never got the 5 games!

I think when Roy of the Blackburn Rovers does their 'View From....' on Flecky then they'll realise they have a special player.

Really hope it works out well for him.

Many memories but the goal at Hillsborough on September 24th 2017 is up there alongside the best since watching the Blades.

I will never join in with the pile on some club legends/very good players that some on here and social media do. What a journey and in years to come will rightly be remembered for dragging us up league one to 9th in the premier league. Something the likes of Duffy and Coutts didn't even achieve

Blades legend. He is right up there with anybody. When he was at his best, and he consistently was for about 4 consecutive seasons, he was the complete midfielder, and fantastic to watch. I can't think of any Blades player I've liked more than him. He is one who has basically given his career to SUFC and we're very fortunate he did

It's time for him to move though. More than time. Should have been released in the summer. He'll be Wharton's replacement at Blackburn, who reminded me very much of Fleck the first time I saw him play. Hopefully he has another couple of good seasons left in him

Feels.a bit underwhelming given the last couple of seasons
But really deserves all the garlands, best midfielder of my 40+ years watching the Blades.

Some great memories and was part of the best few seasons I remember being a Blade. And you can never take that from him. The last couple of years have been tough for him but hopefully he can finish his career on a high there.

Thankyou Mr Fleck.
Wishing you all the best, apart from when playing against us of course!

Nice to see some sentiment after seeing him slagged off over the last few years.

Pre-Covid, one of the greatest to do it. His fall-off after that should be studied in textbooks by future generations.

Realistically should've left on a high after last season but circumstances meant he was given a new deal.

Not sure he's going to pull up any trees at Blackburn at this point, but at least he gets himself a move to a respectable level.

Hearing Flecks left us takes me back to when we're buying him from Coventry, didn't know enough about him but after reading the Coventry fans opinions I didn't fancy it, they were laughing at us and couldn't wait to get shut, they weren't laughing for very long were they, probably see him at the lane next season where we will be able to acknowledge him properly.

A real shock this one that seemed to come out of nowhere! Is it the right time for him to go? Yes. But, I do feel a bit said he’s not had a goodbye (like others from that period were denied too).

In that 2019/20 season he was unbelievable. To do it in the top flight and start gaining interest from the likes of Arsenal is testament to how great he was. Sadly, something happened during Covid and he was never anywhere near those levels again.

Without a doubt one of the best I’ve seen at the Lane.

Fleck really has scored some crackers for us. The one at home to Coventry the week before Northampton might have been the best of the lot. Used to love those runs from midfield where he’d just carry the ball 40 yards on his own.

Great player who deserves to go and reignite his career somewhere else

Remember him scoring a couple against Aston Villa when he really was at the top of his game, and there was a legitimate argument to say he should have been Scotland's main man in midfield (he pissed all over John McGinn that day/season).

Unfortunately injuries have caught up with him and he hasn't been the same player since covid. It was time fir him to move on though about 18 months ago. I don't begrudge him having the extra 1 year contract that was given to him in the summer from a financial perspective (call it a belated performance bonus if you like) but from a footballing perspective, that decision to give him a contract for another year last summer by Hecky was absolutely ridiculous.

Cracking player Flecky and has been one of my favourites, but I have been banging the drum to get him moved on now for about 2 years. Mostly, sentimentality in football doesn't win you football matches. I wish him and his family well in their future endeavours and will give him a huge cheer when he next steps onto the Bramall Lane pitch. Thanks for the memories JF.

Well done also to CW (and JF himself) for recognising it was time and for moving on. Hecky would have had him around for another 2 years!

Back
Top Bottom