John Egan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We were interested in Ostigard on loan I think

Not impossible we revisit that if he's not near Napoli's team

Yes, I should have worded it that he was brought it to cover both positions. He’s never played attacking though so could suit the central position more. RND would still be my first choice in that position if everyone else’s fit.

I’m sure Hecky saw it as:

Bash / Amed
Clark / Egan
Clark / Robinson / RND

If Egan was injured & Clark fit he’d be in the middle above the rest
Clark's fitness must now be seriously doubted after re-injuring the same hamstring when "only a week away" from match fitness.
Goodness knows who'll replace Egan if he gets injured now.
When attacking wide CBs are a key part of tactics , we can't be shifting them to CCB.
If we are top six by the end of the year , the whole defensive situation needs very careful assessment in January.

Clark's fitness must now be seriously doubted after re-injuring the same hamstring when "only a week away" from match fitness.
Goodness knows who'll replace Egan if he gets injured now.
When attacking wide CBs are a key part of tactics , we can't be shifting them to CCB.
If we are top six by the end of the year , the whole defensive situation needs very careful assessment in January.
Can’t imagine the Prince will be happy to spend more money on defenders when he’s already paying

Gordon
Bash
Anel
O’Connell
Egan
Robinson
Lowe
Baldock
Bogle
Stevens
RND
Clark

That’s 12 first team defenders (Gordon the only questionable one in terms of first team) If it was my money I’d be questioning why we can’t get 4/5 of them fit before we sign more.

Can’t imagine the Prince will be happy to spend more money on defenders when he’s already paying

Gordon
Bash
Anel
O’Connell
Egan
Robinson
Lowe
Baldock
Bogle
Stevens
RND
Clark

That’s 12 first team defenders (Gordon the only questionable one in terms of first team) If it was my money I’d be questioning why we can’t get 4/5 of them fit before we sign more.

That question would set up nicely a request from PH to improve the quality of the training ground.

That question would set up nicely a request from PH to improve the quality of the training ground.

The quality (or lack of) of the training pitches can't be blamed for all injuries suffered including a number picked up by the above list of defenders.

I’m not sure how many of our muscle injuries are from the training ground and how many are game time ones does anyone know? I’ve left out impact injuries as they can happen anytime

Gordon
Bash
Anel
O’Connell
Egan
Robinson
Lowe
Baldock
Bogle
Stevens
RND
Clark

Ten players for 5 positions is about right, in any squad.
Gordon is a youth team player in reality.

If a high quality free transfer was available, the Prince etc would doubtless be receptive.h Where is Martin Cranie anyway?

The quality (or lack of) of the training pitches can't be blamed for all injuries suffered including a number picked up by the above list of defenders.
I thought the problem with the training pitch was that it wasn't drained well enough, so it got too heavy in winter.
I think it's just something people like to bring up without any basis.

I thought the problem with the training pitch was that it wasn't drained well enough, so it got too heavy in winter.
I think it's just something people like to bring up without any basis.

The whole “it’s the training pitch that’s causing all these injuries” argument seems to have been replaced recently. It’s Hecky’s training regime that’s the problem now, apparently.

I see that Wolves are supposedly interested in Craig Dawson from West Ham, but the Hammers are unlikely to sell until a suitable replacement has been found. What's the betting that the John Egan to West Ham interest is re-ignited?

Realistically we wouldn't get more than £10m. It would make a huge dent to our chances of promotion. The £10m would instantly be absorbed by running costs and we'd be scratching around trying to find a replacement for about 2m.

No thanks

Could his bad form be just that he's been carrying an injury for a while and now out long term due to playing on it?

Could his bad form be just that he's been carrying an injury for a while and now out long term due to playing on it?
Almost certainly. You saw it in the Everton game. He shouldn't have gone away with Ireland, and maybe shouldn't have been playing when he came back. You can understand why he wants to not miss out, but it feels like a failure of our medical team.

Almost certainly. You saw it in the Everton game. He shouldn't have gone away with Ireland, and maybe shouldn't have been playing when he came back. You can understand why he wants to not miss out, but it feels like a failure of our medical team.
I would think Uniteds medical team would have advised Egan to sit it out
he obviously didn't Liston which was
disappointing from an experienced player. His loyalty to Ireland came before the team who pay his wages!
I don't think they pick up the tab now he's injured

It feels more like a failure of Egan for going away with Ireland. Not captain material, putting himself before the needs of the club.

If it is a longer term injury he’s probably another who will sign and be with us next year.

It feels more like a failure of Egan for going away with Ireland. Not captain material, putting himself before the needs of the club.

If you are seriously berating someone for wanting to play for their country when they think they are able to, then your ire should be directed to the medical staff of both SUFC and ROI, not Egan

I've been concerned about our medical team for a while without having any evidence to back anything up.

Just a continuous overly lengthy procession of injuries that I'm struggling to remember before, and a few that seem that they could have been handled better.

However, with Egan, don't we have to release him to ROI and they decide whether he's fit to play?

Back
Top Bottom