Jesse Lingard: Midfielder among six players released by Nottingham Forest

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He was on 200k a week, kind of explains why he turned down a longer contract with West Ham to sign for a newly promoted club on a one year deal.

If he doesn’t sign for West Ham this time he’ll probably end up in America or the Saudi league.

Either way, it’s not exactly encouraging when a very talented player suddenly can’t even get off the bench for such a basic forest team.

He charged 10mil to Forest for that “impressive” return! Was probably the worst piece of business Forest did last summer… and that’s saying something!
It’s a hard no from me 🤣

Not saying it was a good season by any stretch of the imagination, but is it Lingard's fault that:

a) He signed a contract for wages that Forest were clearly happy to pay, which don't seem out of line for someone who had played for England less than twelve months prior
b) That Forest then continued to sign players in the same or similar position who turned out to be somewhat better (e.g. MGW, Dennis, Danilo etc)?

I doubt either party to the deal particularly gives a shit about how it turned out!

Lingard would be a decent gamble if his wages were reasonable. He’s had a good career and shown quality in the past, so he would be an asset if Hecky could get him playing at his best.

However I very much doubt he’d fancy it, a move abroad would probably be best for his career at this stage.

An undoubted talent (just ask the followers of the Massive) but it appears one that is mainly motivated by money judging by his career choice last summer.

As a result, I can see him (and his reps) agreeing to a move to a side no/very low tax country next to further increase his already not unsubstantial wealth.

Lingard will likely still want big wages and after the season he's just on I'd want to take him on trial first in pre-season if we are interested but i doubt we will be. I can see a move to the MLS. Of their list of released players Jack Colback could do a job as a cover player and he is left footed but at the same time I doubt we'd be going for him now at 33.

I do wonder how many people would balk at even the idea of offering Ndiaye £100k/week because "wages" when Lingard was reportedly on twice that

I’d rather lick mi own arse hole than hand that whopper the biggest contract in the clubs history.

What makes me laugh is that there are such extreme negative responses to Lingard (such as this), but with Coady it’s generally positive to signing him.

Both are 30 and weren’t good last season. Maybe if Lingard had been on loan at United 9 years ago, there would be a more positive view on him 🤣

He was on £115,000 per work and contributed fuck all ! He is the type of player that is everything wrong with football nowadays ! No thank you !!
As ever UTB !!

Had an £85,000 p/w paycut since this afternoon on post #5. If his wages drop again, he might be worth a look… ;)

He is at a turning point. Either get somewhere in england like you and rebuild some credibility or go to inter miami or similar.

You think he is a party boy but I recall him saying about being near his kid

He has had his chunk of change out of us and not much on the pitch return but I do wish him well. Seems like a good guy if a little devisive in his taste. Not his fault we paid him big money to be "good round the place"

Lingard will likely still want big wages and after the season he's just on I'd want to take him on trial first in pre-season if we are interested but i doubt we will be. I can see a move to the MLS. Of their list of released players Jack Colback could do a job as a cover player and he is left footed but at the same time I doubt we'd be going for him now at 33.

I doubt a player on somewhere between £115-200k last season (depending on which report you believe), with around 200 appearances in the Prem and 30 caps for England would be willing to go on trial anywhere, especially to a newly promoted club.

Last season aside in which he never got going and was hampered by a couple of injuries, he's been a top player - remember the form he showed for West Ham only 2 seasons ago which prompted Man Utd to retain him in their squad the following season.

Considering his current salary, perhaps the Middle East is a more likely destination than MLS - I can't see him agreeing to move to another English club unless a decent payer like Villa or Fulham feel as though he's worth a go.

Had an £85,000 p/w paycut since this afternoon on post #5. If his wages drop again, he might be worth a look… ;)
He wasn’t on £200,000 he was on £115,000 so hasn’t had a pay cut I’ve reported the correct figure 👍
As ever UTB !

Not saying it was a good season by any stretch of the imagination, but is it Lingard's fault that:

a) He signed a contract for wages that Forest were clearly happy to pay, which don't seem out of line for someone who had played for England less than twelve months prior
b) That Forest then continued to sign players in the same or similar position who turned out to be somewhat better (e.g. MGW, Dennis, Danilo etc)?

I doubt either party to the deal particularly gives a shit about how it turned out!
It’s more the mercenary approach for me.
But you’re right… it’s not his fault Forest were daft enough to agree to a deal that was so heavily weighted towards the player

What makes me laugh is that there are such extreme negative responses to Lingard (such as this), but with Coady it’s generally positive to signing him.

Both are 30 and weren’t good last season. Maybe if Lingard had been on loan at United 9 years ago, there would be a more positive view on him 🤣

My response was half joking but I don’t see them as comparable in anything apart from age.

I doubt Coady has ever earned the money Lingard has. Lingard has barely ever played regular games putting out consistently good performances. He looked good in spells for Man U and really good for that short period at West Ham but he’s been about for about 12 years and has often seemed more interested in dancing and being a celebrity rather than a footballer. Coady has just got his head down, played consistently for the last 10 years and puts the graft in.

Lingard was hyped up to be a future world beater and never fulfilled the hype. Coady decided to leave Liverpool despite being dubbed the next Gerrard at one point to work his way up from league 1 to an established premier league and international player.

If we we were spending Lingard kinda cash on a contract I’d rather dangle it in front of N’Diaye, Berge as well as another free transfer and see if we could tie them down with longer deals and realistic relegation clauses to protect the club against them walking for nothing. Obviously they may say no.

He was on 200k a week, kind of explains why he turned down a longer contract with West Ham to sign for a newly promoted club on a one year deal.

If he doesn’t sign for West Ham this time he’ll probably end up in America or the Saudi league.

Either way, it’s not exactly encouraging when a very talented player suddenly can’t even get off the bench for such a basic forest team.

No sense at all that lad…

He’s all the money he’d ever need and would still have been on a huge wage at West Ham.

He was playing well and back in England contention there and threw it away for a bit of extra money that he’ll never even be able to spend even if he tried. A Moronic move.

Back
Top Bottom