Jesse Lingard: Midfielder among six players released by Nottingham Forest

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hungry and ambitious is what we want. Lewis O'Brien, Doyle, the young midfielder at Chelsea...

Brilliant that we'll be able to replace what was the midfield heartbeat of an era (Norwood and Fleck) with two perfect replacements in Doyle and O'Brien, big talents with the potential to become much better players and have a successful career in the top flight.

That's one way to put it, another way would be to say that he took the best offer that he had available? Same as both you and me would do if we were laid off from our work and had multiple new offers on the table?
Nope. If I was already financially secure for life I would have other considerations than simply adding a few more bob to my wealth. I would be looking to do something enjoyable which, for a footballer, might include signing for a decent club where I was already known & respected & where I would be playing regularly. Could have been picking up a European medal next Wednesday.

Plenty of players peak early, plus
Everything that is wrong with modern football. The new Dele Alli.
Lol. I just mentioned Dele Alli in unpopular opinions thread.

Not every single professional footballer is able to maintain complete focus and dedication, understandably, they're not all robots.

Lingard had some hard times in his personal life. I don't think we should sign him (but Alli is significantly younger and was England's best player for a spell 😉🫣👀).

Hungry and ambitious is what we want. Lewis O'Brien, Doyle, the young midfielder at Chelsea...

Brilliant that we'll be able to replace what was the midfield heartbeat of an era (Norwood and Fleck) with two perfect replacements in Doyle and O'Brien, big talents with the potential to become much better players and have a successful career in the top flight.

Yep, the lad who you think is that good from Chelsea that you don’t even know his name 😂

Forets swooped in for Lingard after his impressive performances for West Ham - then never played him - an option for us?

Also releasing Henderson.

Wages could be an issue.
More chance of signing Pele and Lev Yashin. They would be better as well.

I’d rather sign Uncle Jessie (Juke) kyuk kyuk kyuk

That's one way to put it, another way would be to say that he took the best offer that he had available? Same as both you and me would do if we were laid off from our work and had multiple new offers on the table?
Not exactly the same though is it. He’s already got more money than sense, he was playing well at West Ham, he went for the money over his football career. That’s why I think he’s the type of character that we don’t need or want here.

weve really got to do all we can to bring doyle and obrien in i think they will compliment each other perfectly just add a big strong physical defensive midfielder in as well and were sorted for midfield another keeper to challenge wes maybe coady and another lwb plus 2 new strikers and i think that would do us

Stay well away

What's going on with Shelvey, though? Would love to see him in our midfield

Think Shelvey fell out with Cooper for not getting games which doesn't surprise me with how many midfielders they have. Also agree he would be a good signing.

Hi Stegosaurus

Nope--just a greedy, lazy, money-grabber. Just more obsessed about showing off his "bling" on Tick Tock and Instagram than playing football. He'd be the next waste of space and waste of money following Mousset, Burke, Ravel Morrison and Brewster.

Wilder would probably have signed him, though.

Stegosaurus is on my ignore list, is he still talking bollox?

Jack Colback on a 1yr deal would make sense, unless his legs have gone. A bit of nous and ring craft on the bench.

Jack Colback on a 1yr deal would make sense, unless his legs have gone. A bit of nous and ring craft on the bench.
Colback is 33 now. He didn’t even do the ‘simple’ things well last season. We should be aiming higher than this.

Forets swooped in for Lingard after his impressive performances for West Ham - then never played him - an option for us?

Also releasing Henderson.

Wages could be an issue.
We need consistent, grafting workhorses

No hunger, no output. Too focused on doing pissy little dances for Instagram reels and hand gestures for when he (never) scores...

What makes me laugh is that there are such extreme negative responses to Lingard (such as this), but with Coady it’s generally positive to signing him.

Both are 30 and weren’t good last season. Maybe if Lingard had been on loan at United 9 years ago, there would be a more positive view on him 🤣
Maybe its because Coady is a consummate professional, a leader who cares,and gives his all and Lingard isn't.

Maybe its because Coady is a consummate professional, a leader who cares,and gives his all and Lingard isn't.

Care to give examples where Lingard hasn’t been a professional and doesn’t give his all?

I’m sure Man U would’ve got rid of him years before they did if he was a problem. His level of talent wouldn’t allow him any leeway for off the pitch issues.

Care to give examples where Lingard hasn’t been a professional and doesn’t give his all?

I’m sure Man U would’ve got rid of him years before they did if he was a problem. His level of talent wouldn’t allow him any leeway for off the pitch issues.
How about the last few years? Culminating in not even commanding a place at Forest. He has undoubtedly got talent but hasn't applied himself to do as well as he should have.

How about the last few years? Culminating in not even commanding a place at Forest. He has undoubtedly got talent but hasn't applied himself to do as well as he should have.

A quick google suggests that Steve Cooper didn’t have a problem with Lingard but he had a few injuries which didn’t help.

It just didn’t work out for him at Forest, nothing to suggest he was a problem.

A quick google suggests that Steve Cooper didn’t have a problem with Lingard but he had a few injuries which didn’t help.

It just didn’t work out for him at Forest, nothing to suggest he was a problem.
Yeah and there’s definitely nothing at all to suggest he’d be a decent signing for us

The fact that newly promoted Forest could pay those wages, yuck 🤮

The fact that newly promoted Forest could pay those wages, yuck 🤮

He was a free transfer? If he was still under contract and they bought him for £6m on a one year deal at 80k/week if costs the same but I guess you wouldn't bat an eyelid at such a move despite it costing the same

He was a free transfer? If he was still under contract and they bought him for £6m on a one year deal at 80k/week if costs the same but I guess you wouldn't bat an eyelid at such a move despite it costing the same
It was 10mil wages.
Edit: sorry I read your post incorrectly.. my bad!

We tried to rejuvenate Ravel Morrison and Jack Rodwell. We don't need another busted flush waste of talent to spend what little wages we have on. Lingard needs to spend more time promoting himself on the pitch as a footballer, and less time promoting himself as a brand on social media. He's everything that I despise about modern, self obsessed lazy footballers.

Back
Top Bottom