Player Suggestion Jess Lingaard

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

When has he ever been a ‘top performer’ at a World Cup? This revisionism is nonsense. If we weren’t linked with him everyone would be saying he’s shit. Phil Jones has played for Man U 165 times and England 27 times and I wouldn’t want him in our team either.

And mattbianco1 i still refute that he’d fit into our system. He’s a winger or an attacking midfielder, neither of which we use. We could play him as an attacking mid, but that would involve us changing the way we play and as I’ve said, I’ve seen nothing to suggest that will happen.

What I suspect if he came is that we’d either play him as a striker and he wouldn’t score, as he’s not a striker and in any case our strikers don’t get enough service, or we’d force him into a position in which he’s unfamiliar and ineffective and it’d have no positive effect whatsoever.

Just my opinion, and I’d be happy to be proved wrong. I’d love to see us playing with a flair AM again, but I worry that Tufty would - with good reason - fear that it left us too open defensively and therefore avoid it.

I seem to recall that, in the end, one of the problems for England at that World Cup was players like Lingard and Dele Alli being shoehorned into a 3-5-2 that didn't really suit them.

If, as we are led to believe, Lingaard doesn’t want to drop into a relegation battle and wants to leave his options open, then we shouldn’t take him. He’s not used to playing for a team in a relegation battle and I would think he would find it too much hard work. It takes a special kind of player to roll his sleeves up and want to help a struggling side, he doesn’t look like the type to me.

I feel like anyone is complaining about this needs to really see the bigger picture here.

Yeah we are probably relegated, but if we don't sign anyone to boost the squad we could really have no confidence or form going into next season - with our midfield we are looking at one of the worst ever finishes in the PL. With Lingard we have a CAM which we don't have on our squad. He can provide goals and an attacking threat, which we desperately need, he could link up with the front 2 as well which could mean they score more goals (again giving the squad confidence going into next season).

I understand Wilders logic on this, and with people suggesting players like Mowatt - no thank you, we've made mid to low Championship players in the past year and look where that has got us.

We need a boost for the second half of the season which could be invaluable for next season, regardless of staying up.
100% agree. This is my concern.

Some people are just looking at a potential squad on paper and not taking into account the human side of what having such a demoralising season can do.

It's really not easy to bounce straight back after having a full season of losing almost every week.

Confidence, belief, motivation can all take massive knocks and take a good while to come back.

Why? Taking off your red & white tinted specs momentarily, wouldn't you prefer to go to a club doing better than Utd, whether that be in the Prem or Europe? I know I would.

Personally I think he'd add a lot to the team either at RCM or #10 and the game time would benefit him and help his aspirations to get back into the Man Utd team and England reckoning. However, unless Man Utd are willing to do Utd a 'favour', I wouldn't be surprised to see him move to a European side for the remainder of the season.

Utd may be an exception but teams doing particularly badly and add embroiled in a relegation battle can be unpleasant and toxic places to be.
Seeing as U have apparently said if he’s loaned out he must stay in Manchester I suppose he can go get a regular game at Bolton then.

I thought this was all about getting some regular football games under his belt? What difference does it make whether it’s mid table or bottom of the prem?

He’s never going to sign on a permanent anyway and will return to Man U whatever

if he wants better then that’s his perogative but I won’t lose any sleep

100% agree. This is my concern.

Some people are just looking at a potential squad on paper and not taking into account the human side of what having such a demoralising season can do.

It's really not easy to bounce straight back after having a full season of losing almost every week.

Confidence, belief, motivation can all take massive knocks and take a good while to come back.
Not sure what’s more demoralising to be honest? Regular first team prem football, albeit in a relegation battle, or just nowhere to be seen at all at Man U? He’s not even getting a cup game atm

If he’s good enough which I have my doubts anyway, he’ll shine regardless of it being at the Lane and if he isn’t and doesn’t show the right attitude he’ll sink into obscurity, a bit like he’s already done at Man U.

Personally I don’t think he has what it takes to fight a relegation battle anyway. and that perhaps tells us something about his character and why he doesn’t get a game currently

just my opinion

I’ve accepted rightly or wrongly we’re already down so I would rather any money spent wasn’t on expensive loans but rather in preparation for next season
A look at who’s expected to leave the club and what we need to do to ensure we have a squad to get us into promotion contenders would be my priority. Worrying about whether Lingard is fancying a relegation fight would not be.

When you think of the characters you’d sign for a relegation scrap, to battle and drag every last ounce of effort and fight from himself and his teammates Jesse Lingards name does not spring immediately to mind.

Maybe if I wanted someone to choreograph a TikTok dance routine video, I’d hit him up G, you feel me?

Anyway, not a chance that Lingard will come any where near Sheffield United and thank fuck for that I say 😉

I seem to recall that, in the end, one of the problems for England at that World Cup was players like Lingard and Dele Alli being shoehorned into a 3-5-2 that didn't really suit them.
it hasnt suited most of our
I’ve accepted rightly or wrongly we’re already down so I would rather any money spent wasn’t on expensive loans but rather in preparation for next season
A look at who’s expected to leave the club and what we need to do to ensure we have a squad to get us into promotion contenders would be my priority. Worrying about whether Lingard is fancying a relegation fight would not be.
agree only way we should take lingaard now is if manure pay all his salary wouldnt be able to play against em anyway

I have never not wanted a transfer to happen more than this one, where the hell is Dean Smith !!!!!!!

"Breaking" news.....(about 4 hours too late) on SSN that Wet Spam have made an approach.

West Spam, have to make one of their two loans permanent , before he can sign. Apparently, Brentford want 20mill for their lad.

West Spam, have to make one of their two loans permanent , before he can sign. Apparently, Brentford want 20mill for their lad.
We should tell West Ham let us loan Benrahma from Brentford but you commit to completing the 20m deal in the summer.

The whole proviso of the transfer was that they buy him anyway. It was only time being against them on deadline day made it a loan.

Then in the build up to us playing West Ham, we'd better hope he's injured of poor old Martin Samuel would have a coronary with that one!

Fantastic news. I wasn't aware, but that's cheered me up no end thanks. A small positive to come from this season at last
I'd rather one of our u23s/youth be given a chance than him

Back
Top Bottom