Player Suggestion Jess Lingaard

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

To be fair, sounded like the bloke did too.
Another case of Man of the Match being decided before a ball was kicked
I mean he actually was the best player on the pitch during the 90 minutes?
Few of theirs could have been in with a shout, but he was certainly the stand-out player on the night.

I think the only player who had an impact on the game close to as much as Lingard was Norwood, but unfortunately he was helping out the wrong team.

Some of you do not get it.

He possibly did not want to come, I mean play for West Ham in the hope that he can earn a contract in what is possibly going to be a club competing in Europe next season or us?

Although it sounded wonderful to sign him it would have been a total waste of £3m + as he alone would not have kept us up and the money will definitely be better spent replacing some of our squad for next season.

Maybe I'm adding 2+2 and getting 98.
But it looked too me that Lingard was trying to prove a point last night.
He was on it from the start he looked desperate to try and score against us, the incident with the penalty.
Maybe we were interested in taking him on loan and he was willing to come then we pulled the plug. He was then left without a chance to go on loan thus effecting his chance of going to the Euros in the summer understandably he would be upset luckily for him West Ham came in for him at the end.
As I have said I might be wide of the mark but he definitely was up for it and looked like he was proving a point.

Maybe I'm adding 2+2 and getting 98.
But it looked too me that Lingard was trying to prove a point last night.
He was on it from the start he looked desperate to try and score against us, the incident with the penalty.
Maybe we were interested in taking him on loan and he was willing to come then we pulled the plug. He was then left without a chance to go on loan thus effecting his chance of going to the Euros in the summer understandably he would be upset luckily for him West Ham came in for him at the end.
As I have said I might be wide of the mark but he definitely was up for it and looked like he was proving a point.
He was up for it as he wants a contract at West Ham, nothing to do with little old Sheffield United. He has been playing like that since he joined them.
If he wants to prove a point to anyone it is OGS.

He possibly did not want to come, I mean play for West Ham in the hope that he can earn a contract in what is possibly going to be a club competing in Europe next season or us?

Although it sounded wonderful to sign him it would have been a total waste of £3m + as he alone would not have kept us up and the money will definitely be better spent replacing some of our squad for next season.

I don't know on last nights showing he would have increased our chances of staying up enormously and given us a fighting chance and made watching the rest of our games enjoyable.
Oh well at least we have Norwood and absolutely no chance of staying up.

To be fair he would not play like that for us.

When he got the ball....
He sprinted, our MF dont
He ran at players, our MF dont
He shot, our MF dont

He didnt jog to the box and pass sideways or backwards. Simply not good enough for us......

I mean he actually was the best player on the pitch during the 90 minutes?
Few of theirs could have been in with a shout, but he was certainly the stand-out player on the night.
Didn't say he wasn't to be honest. Certainly none of ours troubled the MOM nominations.
It's just annoying when commentators have their tongue firmly wedged up one players arse for the entire game. Happens with Grealish too.
I knew within the first 5 minutes it was gonna go that way.

sufc board didnt want any january transfer loan players in ,it just shows lack of ambition they cant afford the wages of quality players and that just shows there intent, ,,,,never get lingard he went to west ham stuff him nuff said

Well I said on the thread before this one would be a great signing. Got pelters anall.

apart from the injury situation the one main factor in our relegation this season is undoubtably our failure to improve our midfield weve no creativity and no goalscorer in there bad error by chris im afraid

Good tactic Blades, let Lingard sign for West Ham thus avoiding a £3.5m cost of a loan, also into the bargain make sure he injures Egan so that no one will want to buy him at the end of the season. Win win 👍

I wonder whether all those who stated on here how much they don't rate Lingaard when Utd were being linked are feeling suitably embarrassed now. It's likely to be the same crowd who thought/still think that Duffy could play Prem level. NOT A CLUE! 🤪
Madness isn’t it, a guy who has played in a World Cup semifinal, is in the prime of his career, can play in several positions across midfield and as an ancillary striker and by all accounts has a great attitude, trains well and has kept himself in excellent condition....yet some thought he was not good enough to play for a team who had picked up 2 points from 51! Words fail me

The only concern there is - who is going to be in charge of spending that money on replacements?
Quite a big worry really.

Haha what a read this thread is. I lost count of the number of people that made utter bells oof themselves.

When signing him on loan at some considerable cost would have been a wise use of the club's resources given that relegation was almost certain even at the start of the JTW is a more pertinent debate than questioning his ability.

Hello is that Jesse…..

It’s Paul Heckingbottom here, we need a creative attack minded midfielder …….

Paul who???

He strolled around for Forest last season, then they dropped him because they needed a bit of effort instead.

If he could be bothered he'd be an asset, but last season he didn't look interested in being a footballer.

If the Prince is true to his word about splashing £100k a week on some fucker then why not this guy? He’d offer us some valuable experience and know how in a league where we don’t have much of said qualities.

If the Prince is true to his word about splashing £100k a week on some fucker then why not this guy? He’d offer us some valuable experience and know how in a league where we don’t have much of said qualities.
I'd like to think we'd be getting more than just some experience for 100k a week. I would imagine he meant he'd pay 100k a week to a completely game changing free transfer.

I'm sure Forest though the same last summer and he hardly did owt.

I'd like to think we'd be getting more than just some experience for 100k a week. I would imagine he meant he'd pay 100k a week to a completely game changing free transfer.

I'm sure Forest thought the same last summer and he hardly did owt.
I guess there’s always the possibility he’d accept £50k/week rather than sitting at home twiddling his thumbs?

Back
Top Bottom