Player Suggestion Jess Lingaard

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wow. Just caught up on the last 6 pages of this thread.

Mad that people don't want a 28yo World Cup semi finalist. 😒

If Lingard signed for us, he would probably be the most gifted footballer we've had. Certainly in the last 30odd years.

Not good enough for us but looks likely to sign for Italian title contenders, Inter Milan 😀

This ^

So much of our fanbase still has a Championship mentality, no wonder they cannot wait to get back there....🤦‍♂️🤡

Wow. Just caught up on the last 6 pages of this thread.

Mad that people don't want a 28yo World Cup semi finalist. 😒

If Lingard signed for us, he would probably be the most gifted footballer we've had. Certainly in the last 30odd years.

Not good enough for us but looks likely to sign for Italian title contenders, Inter Milan 😀
To be fair mate I doubt it's his talent that puts people off, I can't see him being very motivated to help us out, his wages will be off the scale and he seems more bothered about his image than playing football.

Btw I don't totally disagree with you.

To be fair mate I doubt it's his talent that puts people off, I can't see him being very motivated to help us out, his wages will be off the scale and he seems more bothered about his image than playing football.

Btw I don't totally disagree with you.

This ^

If circumstances were different and we were looking like staying he might be a great signing, but we aren't abd we are going down. We shouldn't be wasting wages on players that won't be around next season. Use the money saved on his potential wages and loan fee bringing in someone more long term who will be with us next season in the Championship.

That's not being defeatist or unambitious. It's being a realist.

Some don't want him and want us to go for championship players instead unbelievable

Well if we're talking about a loan, what's the point if relegation is already all but confirmed? Might as well sign players who might be some use in the long term.

I don't understand how an expensive loan benefits us.

What if an outlay of £5-£1O Million on two quality Premiership loans got us enough points to stay up and ensured another £120 Million dropping into the clubs bank next season.

I know its a long shot but think about the bets we all place every week on accys etc.

Long shots do happen - a lot!!

Well if we're talking about a loan, what's the point if relegation is already all but confirmed? Might as well sign players who might be some use in the long term.

I don't disagree with the theory. I think the difficulty is, if the club is signing these types of players for the Championship next season what message does that send to the players? If the feeling around the club now is that we're done this season then trying to motivate the players to win a game might be a tall(er) order.

I think if we can avoid Derby's lowest ever points total it would be money well spent.

What if an outlay of £5-£1O Million on two quality Premiership loans got us enough points to stay up and ensured another £120 Million dropping into the clubs bank next season.

I know its a long shot but think about the bets we all place every week on accys etc.

Long shots do happen - a lot!!

I think if we can avoid Derby's lowest ever points total it would be money well spent.

being realistic we have 2 points from half a season. We are gone, we are 13 points from safety - for context it would take us about 3 seasons to make up that gap at the current rate of points collection.

£5-10m may be pocket change in the PL, but it was close to 50% of our wage bill when we went up wasn’t it? I’d rather save that money and use it when it has a chance of making a difference to the end result of a season. Save that money and have a more healthy budget next year - could be all the difference.

If this is to be believed then he can fuck off. The absolute last thing we need in our current predicament is someone who isn't up for the fight, regardless of talent.

Why? Taking off your red & white tinted specs momentarily, wouldn't you prefer to go to a club doing better than Utd, whether that be in the Prem or Europe? I know I would.

Personally I think he'd add a lot to the team either at RCM or #10 and the game time would benefit him and help his aspirations to get back into the Man Utd team and England reckoning. However, unless Man Utd are willing to do Utd a 'favour', I wouldn't be surprised to see him move to a European side for the remainder of the season.

Utd may be an exception but teams doing particularly badly and add embroiled in a relegation battle can be unpleasant and toxic places to be.

Absolutely NO to Lingard - big time Charlie - not a fighter....would be a wage thief.

Move on, if anyone comes in they need to have fight, work for the team and fit the group not a big ‘brand’ and bigger ego.

Hard work beats talent, if, talent doesn’t work hard.

Have we only just approached him in the last day or two, or has he only just realised what position we are in?
WTF?!

I cant believe people are shocked.... again, why would he want to come to Sheffield United. He would have absolutely no one to play with in the midfield. If he's trying to show that he can still play football, going anywhere else would be the smart decision.

Like others have posted before me, if we are willing to pay the 100k per week salary, I would rather invest that money into a young and upcoming midfielder that would want to stay with us and grow with the team. I dont see a point dropping a couple million on a player just for a 6-month loan.

Swings and roundabouts

if he’s not keen to come we should probably steer clear, need everyone pulling in the same direction. But Don’t think you can blame him if he cautious

On the one hand he wants to revive his career - is a struggling club with presumably at the time of wring no PL wins in 20 the right place to do that?

But on the other - a chance to play every game, be a spark to spur us on to a respectable finish and show your a catalyst for that change and you will get your PL move at the end of the season.

I cant believe people are shocked.... again, why would he want to come to Sheffield United. He would have absolutely no one to play with in the midfield. If he's trying to show that he can still play football, going anywhere else would be the smart decision.

Like others have posted before me, if we are willing to pay the 100k per week salary, I would rather invest that money into a young and upcoming midfielder that would want to stay with us and grow with the team. I dont see a point dropping a couple million on a player just for a 6-month loan.
What I am shocked about is that it seems he has only just realised we are in a relegation battle?
Does he have an IQ?

WOW the overpaid and consistently poor/average big time charlie English player sees himself above a challenge...
e63aa230eb9cf2c6fa67d879e8c54240.gif

Back
Top Bottom