Jebbo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Being 6ft 3 and some how only around 10 stone 3 too is a good combo as he has good turn of pace and can use his body. Ideally you would like to see him gain a bit of muscle weight which will come with age but definitely improving and no better sight that when he glides down the pitch putting players on the back foot

100%. He really put himself about last night and caused problems for their defenders.

When did we last see that?
I know

Ran at pace at defenders too nice touches composed in the ball… really keep them occupied

I'm argue the future is now. We've seen in the past month what it looks like if we stop evolving as a side, whilst others have really kicked on. Blackburn, Middlesbrough and Luton really took me by surprise at how fast and fit they were. Arguably we were technically better than all three but fit energetic players not just bridged that gap, they leapt over it.

If we keep making cases for playing Sharp, Fleck, Norwood, Basham - then we're missing the point completely.

Look I love all of them, and will never tire of watching them, but in 2023 it's starting to look more like a tribute act...
The reason many of these players have played is because there have been no better alternatives... You're right the future is now.. on those mentioned i think you've perhaps been a little blinkered
Anel has replaced Bash when he's fit and not suspended - 30 starts v 19
Mcburnie has replaced Billy when he's fit. 20 starts v 14
Fleck has started about 1/3 of the league games. 13 starts which is lower than Doyle, McAtee, Berge and Norwood

Norwood is quite a surprising one to be mentioned, he's had a few poor games recently but he's had a fantastic season in terms of what he delivers for the side. He remains the present and future until someone steps up to consistently outperform him.

Just a bump for the pro Jebbo thread!
Is he back to fitness yet? Ready to start? He'd hopefully be a bit of an unknown quantity against Citeh, I'd love it if he started tonight and at Wembley.

Just a bump for the pro Jebbo thread!
Is he back to fitness yet? Ready to start? He'd hopefully be a bit of an unknown quantity against Citeh, I'd love it if he started tonight and at Wembley.

I'd start him at Wembley. Look at the Burnley game for evidence of what we are like with no outball against a team dominating the ball. Playing City will be similar as they'll obviously dominate possession. The channel ball to turn them and get up the field is desperately needed.

We're running a big risk with a number of players who have less than a year left on their contract, but I reckon Jebbo is the biggest one (accepting Berge and Ndiaye aren't signing a new one). I wouldn't be surprised if a Premier League club come in with a low ball offer of something like £5-10 million. We can turn it down but there's then nothing stopping him refusing to sign a new contract and just joining that team next summer. Osula is similar. Those kind of players will catch the eye.

We're running a big risk with a number of players who have less than a year left on their contract, but I reckon Jebbo is the biggest one (accepting Berge and Ndiaye aren't signing a new one). I wouldn't be surprised if a Premier League club come in with a low ball offer of something like £5-10 million. We can turn it down but there's then nothing stopping him refusing to sign a new contract and just joining that team next summer. Osula is similar. Those kind of players will catch the eye.
It would be stupid not to offer these two decent contracts. One good season on loan to Swansea and they could be worth 25m each.....

It would be stupid not to offer these two decent contracts. One good season on loan to Swansea and they could be worth 25m each.....

Or Prince could do what he did with Ndiaye under Slav.

No contract, no games.

We'll happily put you in the shop window, providing you commit to us to profit from it.

Or Prince could do what he did with Ndiaye under Slav.

No contract, no games.

We'll happily put you in the shop window, providing you commit to us to profit from it.
Bet the Prince is wishing he'd had added another year or option to extend for one more to that contract to make a significant profit.

Bet the Prince is wishing he'd had added another year or option to extend for one more to that contract to make a significant profit.

But on the flip side Ndiaye could have also been a flop, so it was deemed a risk at the time.

Jebbison needs to step up this season, ok, it's the premier league, but he's got to start showing he can become a regular starter and more importantly a goal scorer, or I'd move him on at seasons end and sign someone else
A 19 year old has got to start showing he can become a regular starter in the Premier league?

I'd argue he was showing at Burton he can become a regular starter and we messed things up bringing him back for him to sit on the bench.

Him and Osula, can and hopefully will be the future of this club for years to come.

Jebbison needs a full season on loan at a decent Champ club. Sitting on Utd's bench and making the odd appearance will not do him any good. Same goes for Osula
I think him and Osula will be just what we need if we go back down. Another 12 months of experience and they could rip up the Championship. Unfortunately it could be that they decide they aren't willing to accept that.

I think him and Osula will be just what we need if we go back down. Another 12 months of experience and they could rip up the Championship. Unfortunately it could be that they decide they aren't willing to accept that.
If we keep him around and give him 15 minutes a month game time then I would expect Jebbo to be gone. Pretty sure Osula just signed a new deal?

If we keep him around and give him 15 minutes a month game time then I would expect Jebbo to be gone. Pretty sure Osula just signed a new deal?
Exactly, which would be a huge shame. Not sure how to tackle it because as others have alluded to on here, he may think he's better off getting paid a lot more in a top PL academy than even going out on loan. He ought to have stayed at Burton and then spent last season out on loan as well.

The timing is right for both of them to be involved a lot this season

Do anything but involve them a lot and neither will sign new contracts before leaving, typically for less than they're worth

The timing is right for both of them to be involved a lot this season

Do anything but involve them a lot and neither will sign new contracts before leaving, typically for less than they're worth
You have to acknowledge that DCL's early returns at Everton (11 in 78 appearances) are very likely the best case scenario

Exactly, which would be a huge shame. Not sure how to tackle it because as others have alluded to on here, he may think he's better off getting paid a lot more in a top PL academy than even going out on loan. He ought to have stayed at Burton and then spent last season out on loan as well.
As it stands he'll have to start a fair few games. It depends who we add

I dont agree with those that say we need to get Jebbo and Osula out on loan. They are good players now and could do a really good job in the PL - I dont buy this that young players cant make it at this level - what about Rooney, Walcott, Saka et al - TC was 17 when we bought hm and he played all the games so lets get them signed up with long contracts and get them playing.

You have to acknowledge that DCL's early returns at Everton (11 in 78 appearances) are very likely the best case scenario
That's fine, neither would be starting every game

I'm thinking regular sub appearances and maybe 1 start every 3 or 4 games

They have to think they're close to a full breakthrough, otherwise their interests are best served elsewhere

I'm mindful of not referring to them too much as a pair btw. If one performs better, he'll play more, then we reassess and maybe send the other on loan. Its just that they're quite hard for us to separate currently. For what it's worth I fancy Osula's chances more

That's fine, neither would be starting every game

I'm thinking regular sub appearances and maybe 1 start every 3 or 4 games

They have to think they're close to a full breakthrough, otherwise their interests are vest served elsewhere

I'm mindful of not referring to them too much as a collective btw. If one performs better, he'll play more, then we reassess and maybe send the other on loan. Its just that they're quite hard for us to separate currently. For what it's worth I fancy Osula's chances more
Jebbo had a better loan spell in a worse L1 team at a younger age. Osula has great physical tools but I think he's a fair way behind

Jebbo had a better loan spell in a worse L1 team at a younger age. Osula has great physical tools but I think he's a fair way behind
Jebbo started more though, as the focal point. Not the case for Osula

He not only looks stronger but also more aggressive and likely to keep hold of the ball. Doesn't hold back at all, he's single minded and direct and puts fear in the defenders

Jebbo's a bit more bambi-ish in comparison

Jebbo started more though, as the focal point. Not the case for Osula

He not only looks stronger but also more aggressive and likely to keep hold of the ball. Doesn't hold back at all, he's single minded and direct and puts fear in the defenders

Jebbo's a bit more bambi-ish in comparison
But like you said, Osula has barely played. Also, Jebbo is pretty strong.

Maybe we have to send Jebbo out on loan or sell him and give Osula the "run around and cause a bit of chaos" role

But like you said, Osula has barely played. Also, Jebbo is pretty strong.

Maybe we have to send Jebbo out on loan or sell him and give Osula the "run around and cause a bit of chaos" role
If its one or the other like that it might have to go on who's got the shorter contract

Whoever has the shorter one most urgently needs tying down so most urgently needs to be given reason to sign one with us

So even if I'd prefer Osula to be pushed it might be better keeping Jebbo here and loaning Osula

The contract angle is especially prominent due to what's happening with Ndiaye and Berge. We could do with assets to compensate for them

Both have a lot of potential and are physically very well developed for two young lads.

The way I see it is that it’s a bit of a double edged sword with players like these, where sadly the best outcome is a big fee.

The view of having these lead the line for years to come is just folly, for this to happen they’ve both got the just the right amount of ability for a club like ours - which realistically is top end Championship, relegation fodder Premier League. Mid championship level and they aren’t good enough, Mid Premier League level and they are too good!! 😂

If they are going to turn into genuine PL level players at a young ish age - that we’d want to keep - they will not be plying their trade for us. They’ll be snapped up by any established club and will understandably show no loyalty. If they aren’t good enough, then they aren’t good enough.

This bring the dilemma of what to do. Which unfortunately I think boils down to have do we maximise their market value? Ultimately to do this they’ve got to play and be visible.

Starter in Premier League?
Squad player in Premier League?
Loan to Championship or lower?

For me, neither are remotely good enough to lead the line at this stage.

Osula I think goes on loan to League One, where hopefully he replicates Jebbisons form at Burton and comes back a better player.

Jebbison I think would benefit most from a year starting in the championship on loan, but think he’ll end up a squad player for us. I do think he will get enough minutes to develop and increase in value, as we’ll rely on his pace for counter attacks a lot more this year.

with this alleged 20m budget (which i dont altogether believe) jebbison will definetly stay here this season even if its only 5th choice striker osula has to go out on loan to a championship club imo

Back
Top Bottom