Jebbo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Useless in the air though but certainly with the ball at his feet and back to goal has improved his body strength did well tonight
Being useless in the air is probably a good thing for us, removes the temptation to go long like when McBurnie is on. If McBurnie was shit in the air we'd probably do better when he's on by playing football still...

He’s got so much potential. Nowhere near the finished product but he’s developing into a real handful. As he gets more experience he’ll get even better at his decision making, runs into the box and how he handles defenders, but for now he’s a brilliant deputy for McBurnie and should be streets ahead of Sharp in terms of that role at the top of the pitch. Hopefully tonight also killed off Hecky’s occasional picking of two strikers together. It just doesn’t work with the players we have in our system.

Thought he was excellent. Shame he dropped out of the side before, as he was on a good run then. It needs to be either him or McBurnie up front. Sharp is fine in the last 5/10 mins, to see out a game, like last night, but we can’t be bringing him on in front of the other two, to positively change a game anymore.

Being useless in the air is probably a good thing for us, removes the temptation to go long like when McBurnie is on. If McBurnie was shit in the air we'd probably do better when he's on by playing football still...
100% this. It infuriates me when we go long to McBurnie. I’m not having a go at him either, it’s the tactic that’s the issue. We look much better when we play it into feet and fast.

Thought he did really well and is showing some real potential now although I am not sure where his ceiling will be.

I thought Jebbo played well. But he plays a very different role to Billy
He does. Thankfully.

I can see a logic in using Sharp in tight games where we need an 'old head' to run the channels and hold on to ball, win free kicks...

However, this is 2023. The game has and is moving on. CBs love playing against CFs like that. Less so against big 'orrible bastards that are going to spin, turn, Sprint and not be pushed off the ball.

He does. Thankfully.

I can see a logic in using Sharp in tight games where we need an 'old head' to run the channels and hold on to ball, win free kicks...

However, this is 2023. The game has and is moving on. CBs love playing against CFs like that. Less so against big 'orrible bastards that are going to spin, turn, Sprint and not be pushed off the ball.
I think both types of striker are required. Jebbison certainly looks ready now and looks a smarter player than he’s done in earlier games.

There will be games, like Sunderland where we need a Jebbison. Other games, where we have to play against smarter defenders, we’ll need a Billy. I don’t think that because one plays well for one or two games that it means the other is finished

I’ve been impressed with Jebbison recently which surprises me because when we brought him back last season he looked like a competition winner

A shoe in to start against Blackburn

LOL , having a laugh arnt you?
What has Jebbo done to suggest he’s anywhere near as good as McB?
no im not having a laugh what anybody sees in mcburnie i dont know jebbo has more pace more goal threat and isnt a complete shithouse and last night proved my point

Jebbo was great last night , great pace puts fear of god into defenders. But he also showed some brilliant close control and winning the ball back. Gerrimin (more)

It’s a few years away and it may never happen, but it is quite an enticing prospect to see what Osula and Jebbo would be like as a pair.

Two 6ft+ big lads with lace and power who can finish.

At one point a few of us were thinking Osula has skipped ahead temporarily.

I think both types of striker are required. Jebbison certainly looks ready now and looks a smarter player than he’s done in earlier games.

There will be games, like Sunderland where we need a Jebbison. Other games, where we have to play against smarter defenders, we’ll need a Billy. I don’t think that because one plays well for one or two games that it means the other is finished

I’ve been impressed with Jebbison recently which surprises me because when we brought him back last season he looked like a competition winner

Don't disagree at all Swizzler but feel Sharp's game now is just a poor imitation of McBurnie and so doesn't offer anything he doesn't. There's a role for him, but I'm struggling to justify why/how he'd be ahead of Jebbison and as we move forward, Brewster, Osula should move ahead of him in terms of starting.

We've seen a very blatant case study over the past month that a) in 2023 speed/athleticism kills and b) there's a tipping point for how many of our dad's army players we can have on the pitch at any one time! If we ever see a spine of Egan, Norwood, Sharp again - then we're bang in trouble.

He's not 20 until August and if managed correctly & used appropriately he will become one hell of a player. He needs to bulk up and get confident with his physicality and ability, but that comes with time. He's one hell of a prospect. I'm not convinced by his full sleeve tattoo though, but then again I doubt he gives a shiny shit about that. :rolleyes:

Sharp? I just don't see it anymore i'm afraid. I think he is now only of use to a team that is either pinging crosses in regularly or feeding cute balls into the box for him to finish. Asking him to do much else for much longer is a waste of breath. His game for us now is just to try and win freekicks, which last night were getting more & more desperate in their attempts. He doesn't offer very much in channel running or closing defenders down and him being on the pitch allows the opposition to push up.

When Osula regains fitness (hopefully during the international break), I'd have him on the bench and would bring him on instead of Sharp 9 times out of 10.

Jebbo has one extra skill, rather like Illy he does not lose his cool, he just keeps focusing on causing opponents problems
What a great prospect
I hope Osula follows his lead

Had a good game last night , held the ball up well & played off the shoulder of the back man also , the 2 centre backs didn’t know whether to go tight on him or stand off him .
The other thing I’ve noticed is he appears to me to be mentally a lot stronger , didn’t let them ruffle him at all .
He’s coming in leaps & bounds and will only get better with more game time , for me it’s between him , Illy & McBurnie for the front two slots for the run in ⚔️

Don't disagree at all Swizzler but feel Sharp's game now is just a poor imitation of McBurnie and so doesn't offer anything he doesn't. There's a role for him, but I'm struggling to justify why/how he'd be ahead of Jebbison and as we move forward, Brewster, Osula should move ahead of him in terms of starting.

We've seen a very blatant case study over the past month that a) in 2023 speed/athleticism kills and b) there's a tipping point for how many of our dad's army players we can have on the pitch at any one time! If we ever see a spine of Egan, Norwood, Sharp again - then we're bang in trouble.
Ok so you're talking a different topic now - the future. I completely agree that we should be looking to utilise Jebbison over Sharp, going forward when we want a striker to change a game. If we need a hold up striker to disrupt defences, Sharp also has a role in the short term. He keeps himself fit and is available and forcing his way into the side much more than Jebbison has, so this is the area where Jebbison has to make himself a natural selection.

Jebbo has one extra skill, rather like Illy he does not lose his cool, he just keeps focusing on causing opponents problems
What a great prospect
I hope Osula follows his lead
He did at Wrexham which disrupted him and us.

jebbison doyle and mcatee have to start games in front of mcburnie norwood and fleck the latter 3 are perfect to bring on after 70 to protect a lead we have to start our younger players

Ok so you're talking a different topic now - the future. I completely agree that we should be looking to utilise Jebbison over Sharp, going forward when we want a striker to change a game. If we need a hold up striker to disrupt defences, Sharp also has a role in the short term. He keeps himself fit and is available and forcing his way into the side much more than Jebbison has, so this is the area where Jebbison has to make himself a natural selection.
I'm argue the future is now. We've seen in the past month what it looks like if we stop evolving as a side, whilst others have really kicked on. Blackburn, Middlesbrough and Luton really took me by surprise at how fast and fit they were. Arguably we were technically better than all three but fit energetic players not just bridged that gap, they leapt over it.

If we keep making cases for playing Sharp, Fleck, Norwood, Basham - then we're missing the point completely.

Look I love all of them, and will never tire of watching them, but in 2023 it's starting to look more like a tribute act...

Back
Top Bottom