Jebbo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Looked strong, aggressive and a handful up against a very good championship centreback in Dickie. Won his individual battle against him repeatedly and drew a booking from him. Showed some nice touches and bits of skill as well. He looked like he belonged on that pitch last night.

Agree with the above, he’ll be chomping at the bit to get a full 90 minutes in a league match.

In the Summer , a mate of mine had a longish chat with a member of our coaching staff . One of the things he told my mate was that , whilst there was still some way to go , they all had little doubt that Jebbo would develop into a top class striker .

From his last two performances , it looks like they may be onto something . :)

I was really surprised to see so many people writing him off, or saying that he wasn’t, and never would be Championship standard based on two starts and a handful of short sub appearances that mainly involved the defence twatting the ball vaguely in the direction of his head over and over again from 70 yards away.

The lad scored nearly 1 in 2 for a poor Burton team (9 in 23 games, all comps) and won their player of the season - even though we called him back halfway through.

I know he’s not the illicit lovechild of James Hanson and Gary Madine that many Blades have been longing for, but I think he’ll be a very useful player for us nonetheless.

Well taken goal, stroked in with confidence
I don't think many if any were writing him off Hecki has said he was waiting for him to show.
He has been bullied and lost his way a bit just needs time to toughen up and make his physical presence count which he now is starting to come to the for.
He's nowhere near his best yet ! Just shown he is getting there and patience is required .
He will be a brute of a striker with all the physical attributes he has maybe today showed us a cameo of what's to come!
Just don't rush him! I think Hecki knows how to bring him to the table .
I would start him against Stoke on the back of today ! we just need a bit of patience!, he might not be as good next week.
Will he be up against Souter 6ft 6ins Australian international that would be interesting

When I've seen him come on, the issue has been with him being in the wrong place, not being where the pass is played.

This is either because he has undeveloped match-reading skills, or because he hasn't trained enough with that squad, so he is expecting different types of pass and midfield are expecting him to make different kind of runs.
If it is the latter, he will improve quickly as he plays more with the first team.
If it is the former, he may turn out to be a bit of a dud. Although McCall seems to be a good coach, he got McBurnie back up to scratch

Few better spots for a young striker to come through at than a situation where you’ve got McAtee, Ndiaye and Berge behind you.

He’s going to get through one and one a lot and he’s proven he can finish his chances. Plays well off the shoulder now needs to keep improving his hold up play. Great prospect though and feels like he’s putting it together at this level.

I was one that said I don't think he'll make it for us.
Maybe he just needs a decent run in the team.

He linked up very well with McAtee for the goal yesterday.

Let him start again v Stoke and see if he can kick on 🤞🏼

Glad we have him back, and he'll no doubt learn a lot from Billy and Lester, I think he'll be a star for us

A number of instances yesterday when he retained possession and brought others into play whereas last season he was not string enough. Only young and getting better, it’s when he hits a plateau that we worry but showing definite signs of improvement

i think weve bulked him up a bit same with mcatee and you need that playing up front in the championship against big physical centre backs stoke will be a big test for him if selected

I was one that said I don't think he'll make it for us.
Maybe he just needs a decent run in the team.

He linked up very well with McAtee for the goal yesterday.

Let him start again v Stoke and see if he can kick on 🤞🏼
Same, but nothing wrong posting and judging what you see. The last two games are the only ones he's looked like he has something about him.

After seeing how Calvert-Lewin has developed when he looked so unready with us I think it's clear that there's a lot of chance for Jebbison to become a top class striker. Doesn't mean it's guaranteed but he clearly has a lot of the attributes you would want in a forward and he comes across as a hard-working lad. Hope he continues to impact games for us.

Was good to see him playing alongside Ndiaye from the start, I remember McBurnie talking about how much he liked playing with him earlier on this year and that he hadn't really done so much before, don't think it's a coincidence that his form improved in that setup.

After seeing how Calvert-Lewin has developed when he looked so unready with us I think it's clear that there's a lot of chance for Jebbison to become a top class striker. Doesn't mean it's guaranteed but he clearly has a lot of the attributes you would want in a forward and he comes across as a hard-working lad. Hope he continues to impact games for us.

Was good to see him playing alongside Ndiaye from the start, I remember McBurnie talking about how much he liked playing with him earlier on this year and that he hadn't really done so much before, don't think it's a coincidence that his form improved in that setup.
I bet McBurnie likes playing with him!
Take a close look at our fantastic December run and you see …
Sharp’s goal against Huddersfield (made by Ndiaye). “Nice take by Ndiaye … good ball through”
Sharp’s goal against Wigan (made by crap Wigan gifting away possession - followed by a pass from Ndiaye)
Mcatee’s goal against Coventry (made by Ndiaye). “Brilliant by Ndiaye”
Berge’s goal against Blackpool (made by Ndiaye). “Neatly done, Ndiaye …”

Then yesterday Bogle’s goal against Millwall (made by Ndiaye). “Ndiaye … past Creswell … and Bogle - 2 nil”

Who would you like to play up-front with Oli?
Hmmm

Few better spots for a young striker to come through at than a situation where you’ve got McAtee, Ndiaye and Berge behind you.

He’s going to get through one and one a lot and he’s proven he can finish his chances. Plays well off the shoulder now needs to keep improving his hold up play. Great prospect though and feels like he’s putting it together at this level.
Spot on. I also think being fully fit is helping. It certainly did (while it lasted) for McB. He could end up being the striker we need this season and allow to maybe bring in a midfielder instead.

When I've seen him come on, the issue has been with him being in the wrong place, not being where the pass is played.

This is either because he has undeveloped match-reading skills, or because he hasn't trained enough with that squad, so he is expecting different types of pass and midfield are expecting him to make different kind of runs.
If it is the latter, he will improve quickly as he plays more with the first team.
If it is the former, he may turn out to be a bit of a dud. Although McCall seems to be a good coach, he got McBurnie back up to scratch
I always thought it was more to do with him coming on when we're protecting a game and largely defending, an under pressure defence lump the ball up field and expect Jebbo to go and chase It. Now that he's been given a chance to start, he's receiving decent service and is able to shut up w us what he's all about

Do we know why he's not been involved recently? Pretty sure I saw him in a club video after a recent game.

I honestly believe Hecky is trying to get Billy his milestone goal and is willing to sacrifice the season to do so.
And Jebbie is knees deep in his daughter.

Do we know why he's not been involved recently? Pretty sure I saw him in a club video after a recent game.
Hecky says because of him sitting out because of his ban other players are now ahead of him for the bench. Three defenders on the bench and only sharp the attacker, so a defender had gone ahead of him in the pecking order for a place on the bench. Shambles.

It's ridiculous that he isn't involved at the moment.

I actually thought Sharp did more when he came on today than McB had done, but not having Jebbo as another striking option on the bench was criminal, especially as a bit of pace would have seen that lot off today.

I have defended Hecky all season, but he had an epic brainfart today, both pre and during the game. Sort it our Hecky lad FFS.

It's ridiculous that he isn't involved at the moment.

I actually thought Sharp did more when he came on today than McB had done, but not having Jebbo as another striking option on the bench was criminal, especially as a bit of pace would have seen that lot off today.

I have defended Hecky all season, but he had an epic brainfart today, both pre and during the game. Sort it our Hecky lad FFS.
In what scenario other than a multiple car pile up in the middle of the field did Hecky think we'd need to keep the options of Clark, Basham and Baldock all available? At home as well. Not picking Jebbo was another disgrace along with Doyle. McAtee. Baldock all not starting.

Surprised he wasn't on the bench and only Sharp as an option up top...I also thought he should have come on v Reading ahead of Billy.

Back
Top Bottom