CONFIRMED Jebbison loaned to Burton Albion

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

adamawdhali

Reaction score
Nothing concrete but seen a few Sunderland fans adamant that they’re signing jebbison on loan

If that is with a recall clause that wd be a good call for all involved.

Very unlikely he makes the starting 11 initially so why not give him some game time at a big club playing a level below?

I think that's a decent move.

Top end League 1. Get him some proper games until January then bring him back if he performs well.

Yes he looked great in the last few games of the season, but he's 17, can he perform consistently for a season at that age?

I think that's a decent move.

Top end League 1. Get him some proper games until January then bring him back if he performs well.

Yes he looked great in the last few games of the season, but he's 17, can he perform consistently for a season at that age?
Plus he can smash a few in against the pigs

Send him to Beerschot or Chateauroux…
Would love to see him at beerschot. Would only get better as the season advanced aswell. 6 ft 4, very good with his feet and rapid. If he puts some muscle on he’ll be a nightmare to play against

Send him to Beerschot or Chateauroux…
Either would be just fine, i wonder if he speaks French being from Canada?

I think i'd prefer Beerschot over any English team, reason being is that he won't draw as much attention from EPL eyes. He can also link up with Coulibaly in preparation for their return season in the 22/23 PL ;)

In favour of him going out on loan, think he's some way off featuring for us regularly in the Championship.

I'd be cautious about Sunderland though, always seems a toxic atmosphere

Reactions: RWE
Rather he went to Rotherham on loan than Sunderland. As others have said it’s too toxic at that place, at least we know that he’d have a good manager in Warne at Rotherham looking after him and that they’ll most likely get promoted with their record. I’d personally rather he stays IMO, love a youth player to cheer on and get the feel good factor when losing - they can do no wrong.

In favour of him going out on loan, think he's some way off featuring for us regularly in the Championship.

I'd be cautious about Sunderland though, always seems a toxic atmosphere

Need to have people turn up for there to be any sort of atmosphere

That’s not a bad move top of league one will be challenging for the title, high pressure environment, great facilities, big stadium, healthy attendances as development loans go it would be up there.
I agree. This - should it happen - would be one of my favourite loans, ever.

I haven't seen these traits in him. Tall, yes. But still a bit gangly & his first touch isn't the sharpest. He showed some promise, but didn't look ready for top level action.
Sending a kid that's scored in the premier League and looked decent in a terrible side, to the conference will slow his development to a standstill. That's a first tier to fifth tier drop, League 1 is the lowest we should entertain if we are serious

Depends what we want for him. Game time chesterfield, in house eyes on him beeerschot but no idea if he has what it takes to play at their level or Sunderland which is a high pressure set up and he'd have to hit the ground running to get a go being so young.

Or we could keep him in the under 23s of course.

Lester has done plenty of interviews in the past about exposing young players to adversity in order to prepare them for having a senior career. Yes Sunderland will be high pressure but it would give jebbison a taste of what it’s like for every kick of the ball to matter and be scrutinised which will prepare him for playing here. If it doesn’t work out there’s nothing lost and he can come back in January.

Not sure what the arrangement is/will be when players within the United World empire are loaned out to sister clubs. Not read anything about Coulibaly's deal whether we bought him and Beerschot pay all his salary, or is subsidised by us. Maybe loan fees are not expected in that scenario.
If it's true about the Sunderland approach, probably United can expect more of a loan fee rather than passing him on to a club within the group.

Conference for Jebbo would only teach him what it's like to get the shit kicked out of him and watch the ball being hoofed long backwards forwards for 90 mins.

No lower than League 1 please

Sunderland would be no good for game time when after 2 months they sack Johnson and appoint CW…..

Sending a kid that's scored in the premier League and looked decent in a terrible side, to the conference will slow his development to a standstill. That's a first tier to fifth tier drop, League 1 is the lowest we should entertain if we are serious

He scored a tap in, he didn't tear it up. Genuinely don't think he's ready but happy to be proven wrong.

Back
Top Bottom