CONFIRMED Jebbison loaned to Burton Albion

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jebbo looks more than capable of being good for us in the Championship - be that off the bench or the occasional start until he gets more experience. Loaning him out would be ludicrous.

Strikes me as similar to the David Brooks scenario. Ready to loan him out until he tore Chesterfield a new one in a pre-season friendly. Yet to be seen if Jebbison is as good as that but he certainly looks like he can play a part for us this season.

Jebbo looks more than capable of being good for us in the Championship - be that off the bench or the occasional start until he gets more experience. Loaning him out would be ludicrous.
It’s tricky because he is too good for the 23’s now he won’t benefit from dominating age group football anymore he needs men’s football at least on a semi regular basis. If we can give him that then great but if we can’t he should be loaned spending a year getting splinters won’t do his development much good.

Whilst not wishing to Banjax any debate surrounding the pro’s / cons of loaning him out there remains absolutely no suggestion / indication of any ‘interest’ from Sunderland at their( this) end (including from the initial poster who appears unable to give any link / reference to the source/ origin of his ‘information’

Jebbison excites me so much. 6ft 4, absolutely rapid and very skilful. Just imagine when he puts a big more muscle on and gets stronger. Going to be ridiculous

Whilst not wishing to Banjax any debate surrounding the pro’s / cons of loaning him out there remains absolutely no suggestion / indication of any ‘interest’ from Sunderland at their( this) end (including from the initial poster who appears unable to give any link / reference to the source/ origin of his ‘information’
The only thing going through my head in relation to jebbison going to Sunderland is lee Johnson and the type of forward he liked at Bristol.

The only thing going through my head in relation to jebbison going to Sunderland is lee Johnson and the type of forward he liked at Bristol.
Don’t disagree - I reckon Slumderland ( & similar) SHOULD be looking at him, & we should seriously consider loaning him out (until Xmas?). I rate Johnson as a coach / manager & reckon he could ‘bring on’ Jebbison.
As a curmudgeon I was more narked by folk posting (apparent) bollocks with no foundation ( wuedp/source/sauce etc)😉

We have to keep this lad in the mix. The minute he starts banging them in for Sunderland or someone else, the minute the PL teams start knocking.

I want him banging in goals for us, not a league one team, we are looking like we will have 3x forward positions this season, there's definitely going to be room for him to make his mark.

He's currently better than Brewster in terms of performance and goals, I think i'd rather us loan him out than DJ.

We also don't have a target man except for McB (and you could even argue he isnt one).

Burke and traore beg to differ
Usain Bolt and Zarnell Hughes dont

Burke and Traore are naturally heavily muscled.

However despite the ;-) which you ignored there is a serious side to the comment...a numbor of top class.sprinters actually got slower by putting on more muscle, Mark Lewis Francis and Harry Aitkins Areete for example.

Jebbo from a football point of view will definitely benefit from being heavier but there is a danger it could slow him down a bit.

Wouldn’t be upset to see Jebbison go on loan to Rotherham next season. Warne is the best manager in that league & will be aiming for promotion again. Only down the road too so doesn’t have to leave home!

Well if he is to go, then I agree with what you say. Minimise any disruption and we know what he will be getting on the coaching front.

We have to keep this lad in the mix. The minute he starts banging them in for Sunderland or someone else, the minute the PL teams start knocking.

I want him banging in goals for us, not a league one team, we are looking like we will have 3x forward positions this season, there's definitely going to be room for him to make his mark.

He's currently better than Brewster in terms of performance and goals, I think i'd rather us loan him out than DJ.

We also don't have a target man except for McB (and you could even argue he isnt one).
If he bangs them in do you think they can afford him? He’s under contract and we’re refusing to buckle to low ball bids for a clear PL goalkeeper and England squad member asking for £40M. In you scenario, what would you think they’ll have to pay to get an 18 year old who’s just ripped up league one and has a couple of PL goals under his belt? Unless he kicked off massively, I can’t see any way we’d accept any likely bids.

Assuming we have a fit McBurnie, Didzy, Moose, Brewster, Billy and Burke, not to mention if Slav wants to add another one or two pacey players for his preferred front 3; where does Jebbo get regular football?

Even if he gets the odd ten minutes off the bench every match or two, it's not enough for his development. We shouldn't be thinking about what he can do for us, but what we can do for him (that will ultimately be repaid in spades.)

I know there's concern about Brewster, but I feel like he just needs a goal. Jebbison as a young player can just as easily end up in a similar rank run.

I'll get much more excitement seeing him play week in week out in the division below, than I will just seeing his name on the bench each week.

Assuming we have a fit McBurnie, Didzy, Moose, Brewster, Billy and Burke, not to mention if Slav wants to add another one or two pacey players for his preferred front 3; where does Jebbo get regular football?

Even if he gets the odd ten minutes off the bench every match or two, it's not enough for his development. We shouldn't be thinking about what he can do for us, but what we can do for him (that will ultimately be repaid in spades.)

I know there's concern about Brewster, but I feel like he just needs a goal. Jebbison as a young player can just as easily end up in a similar rank run.

I'll get much more excitement seeing him play week in week out in the division below, than I will just seeing his name on the bench each week.
Burke is wank

Don’t disagree - I reckon Slumderland ( & similar) SHOULD be looking at him, & we should seriously consider loaning him out (until Xmas?). I rate Johnson as a coach / manager & reckon he could ‘bring on’ Jebbison.
As a curmudgeon I was more narked by folk posting (apparent) bollocks with no foundation ( wuedp/source/sauce etc)😉
Yeah Sunderland would make a lot of sense for him and I could see Johnson viewing him as an Abraham type player at that level. I definitely think any loan deal we strike for jebbison should include a recall option in case he’s either doing really well or really badly and we want to send him elsewhere.

Burke is wank
Burke has more pace than anyone in the squad. Whatever the state of his touch, ability to finish or footballing brain.... he will be used and will be on the bench. Slav loves pace.

I've no expertise in nurturing and progressing a young professional footballer and happy to let the right people at the club decide but....

....the more I see of him, I'd be happy to for him stay with us this season as I think he could have an notable impact

It's a difficult one.
He really needs to be playing regular in order to progress. It's no use to him playing youth football other than to maintain fitness. He should at least be making our bench and start cup ties or I would look to loan him out on the provisio the loan team give him regular minutes.

Rotherham seems a good shout as they will be challenging up there next season and it will be good for him to have the pressure to perform.

It remains to be seen if they would have him till Jan though.

He is still learning and as such does not need to be playing competitive football on a full time basis where you play, rest and the sort tactics for the following game. Which leaves minimal time for individual development.
I would keep him in the first team squad to be used sparingly as and when required but provide him with an individual training program to enable him to develop his individual requirements be they skill, fitness or more importantly how and when to move.

It's a difficult one.
He really needs to be playing regular in order to progress. It's no use to him playing youth football other than to maintain fitness. He should at least be making our bench and start cup ties or I would look to loan him out on the provisio the loan team give him regular minutes.

Rotherham seems a good shout as they will be challenging up there next season and it will be good for him to have the pressure to perform.

It remains to be seen if they would have him till Jan though.
If we get promoted then he will be short of experience if he plays in the lower leagues.
As Slav said we need a large squad so I can see J starting several matches and being used in others. Then he might be ready for the Premiership

Remember a skinny striker who went to Everton ? Now look at him
was just thinking the same does remind me of dcl it wouldnt suprise me if he stayed here its looking like slav will be playing 3 strikers so all of our 6 or 7 are going to be needed at some point but if he does go out on loan think rotherham would be ideal for him as another poster has suggested just put in a return clause for if we get injuries or suspensions

I’ve got high hopes for this lad and one of the things I don’t get is the idea that he’s “not ready for men’s football “

We’re not talking here about Louis Reed or Stephen Quinn , both of whom looked like they’d jumped straight from the under 15’s into the first team - we’re talking about a guy who is 6ft. 3 and has a build to match .

He certainly showed no signs of being overawed or out of place in the PL so the idea that he would be so in the Championship puzzles me .

Down the years , both at our club and every other , there are dozens of examples of players of his age (18 , not 17 as some have stated) being members of the first team squad and having a significant impact and , from initial impressions , I can see no reason why Jebbison could not be one of these .

Certainly , if I were an opposition Championship centre back , I would be much more concerned about seeing his name on the team sheet than that of a few of the other ‘strikers ‘ in our squad .

I’ve got high hopes for this lad and one of the things I don’t get is the idea that he’s “not ready for men’s football “

We’re not talking here about Louis Reed or Stephen Quinn , both of whom looked like they’d jumped straight from the under 15’s into the first team - we’re talking about a guy who is 6ft. 3 and has a build to match .

He certainly showed no signs of being overawed or out of place in the PL so the idea that he would be so in the Championship puzzles me .

Down the years , both at our club and every other , there are dozens of examples of players of his age (18 , not 17 as some have stated) being members of the first team squad and having a significant impact and , from initial impressions , I can see no reason why Jebbison could not be one of these .

Certainly , if I were an opposition Championship centre back , I would be much more concerned about seeing his name on the team sheet than that of a few of the other ‘strikers ‘ in our squad .
You put strikers in apostrophes; which ones are you inferring aren't strikers? I'll strike off Didz and Billy because I'm sure you don't mean either of these club legends.

Moose - has come back looking sharp and fit. Scored three already in pre-season and is certainly talented. Application is obviously questionable, but seems like Slav is high on him.

McBurnie - I personally have no doubt that assuming he's fit for most of it, he will be our top scorer next season.

Brewster - without a doubt struggling for form massively. But he's scored goals before at this level and plenty in the game rate him highly.

Burke - yeah, I'll give you him. But his pace will be used.

I am not for one minute writing off Jebbison. I just think he needs minutes at this stage of his career, and that doesn't include minutes in youth team. It's all well and good saying he can challenge for the first team, but if he starts outside the matchday 18 and the others catch form (which I think they will), he'll be marooned in under 23 football which (IMO) won't help his development.

Back
Top Bottom