CONFIRMED Jebbison loaned to Burton Albion

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Genuine question is he rapid or are people just assuming he is?

I don't think he is "rapid", from what I have seen, Oli Burke is rapid.

For Jebbo, he has great stride length, so he covers a lot of ground fairly quickly, without much effort.

I only notice this, because I used to go jogging with my lad, and he was also shooting off ahead of me, so I said once, "I know you are quicker than me, and so you should be at your age, no need to show off" and he said "Dad, I'm not running fast?", and when I looked closely, he wasn't, but at 6ft 4 inches, his stride length was much bigger than mine, even though I am 6ft 2. I think Jebbo is the same.

Just keep Jebbison and use him ... got to be as good or better than current first teamers.... looks a great prospect ... use these youngsters .. its got to be good for them and the club going forward.

If Sunderland are top 4 and he's starting every week I can see him doing really well. 15+
That really would be incredible- hope so. If he starts edging to a one in two record then we really can start to get excited about him.

Just keep Jebbison and use him ... got to be as good or better than current first teamers.... looks a great prospect ... use these youngsters .. its got to be good for them and the club going forward.
He isn’t and seemingly neither are the others- yet!

If they score 85+ and he gets minutes I don't see why not
Just the quality and adjusting to that level. Whatever happens he will learn a hell of a lot if he scores or not, which is why it’s a great move at this stage of his career.

Surprised by the amount suggesting Jebbison is ready to spearhead a promotion charge, having likely seen less than 180 mins of senior football. I'm not saying he's not an interesting prospect but still essentially untested.

Loan is perfect for him, hopefully gets regular minutes at a decent level, chips in with a few goals. Anything close to doubled figures will be an incredible achievement.

Whether he's a roaring success, or just does okay, he'll come back a better player. Also cynically speaking, a great season in league one probably adds more to his value than limited minutes in the Championship....

I think the problem is the money we have paid for some players.

If you walked into the club with no background I reckon you'd be sending Brewster to Sunderland and keeping Jebbo around the first team squad.

Yes, it will do Jebbison good to get games in men's football and both he and Brewster would benefit from a run of games.

I don't blame the club for taking this approach. 23m is a lot of money. Brewster did well with Swansea at this level the other year, but he's really shown next to nothing with Sheffield United.

I'm not sure what he brings.

Is he is a good finisher? We don't know because he never seems to get into scoring positions to show it. Certainly for the next year, there are none more deadly than Sharp. All I've seen is he's got a decent shot from distance to help the goalie pull off a Hollywood save.

In that sense he's a bit If a 'Mousset light' but Mousset for all the reasons to be a detractor has actually scored goals for us.

Jebbison on the other hand is a big, tall lad and is only going to get stronger over the summer as his body is still growing.

If Slav sees too much traffic in front of him for now I do get it and with so many forwards it's hard to see the wood for the trees, but if he stays I can see him forcing his way in by the turn of the year. With Brewster, it's more hope than expectation right now.

I agree, just a tad disappointed we don't get to see more of him here
Yeah I fully agree but we’d have people screaming for him to play 46 games and/or getting on his back if he has a bad run, which he’s very likely to do.
He would of course get lots of support too no doubt but at Sunderland he gets to play away from that gaze and come back here a bit less raw and with a lot of experience.
With Billy and Dids at the latter end of their careers his time will come for us and he’ll still be developing, we can look forward to that.

Genuine question is he rapid or are people just assuming he is?
No he’s not rapid not near players like Burke or seriki it would be more accurate to describe him as explosive covers the first 10 yards quickly but doesn’t have the top speed of a player you’d consider truly pacey.

The most likely scenario if he does well and we’ve gone up is that we’ll be able to keep him. If he does well and we don’t go up then several of our bigger names will be sold so he’ll have a starting spot in the Championship and contract extension. Given our approach to sales this year I can’t see us cashing in on the kids if we think they have a future with us. Not being in league one makes a huge difference.

What you say is completely sensible, but I’m too long in the tooth to be anything but pessimistic ;)

let him go out on loan to sunderland but put a clause in that allows us to bring him back if hes needed win win situation then

Slav knows best I spose. Would like to have seen him feature for us though, even cameo appearances as he was a real bright light in a otherwise forgettable season.

Sunderland are a challenge. Lad got PL football early and did well. Playing in front of relatively big crowds for a club whose fans have expectations could do him a world of good. A bit of adversity. The best way to develop a player is to challenge them. take them out of their comfort zone. The lad is really raw and not making the right runs/correct decisions etc yet. That comes with experience.

Plus they play in red and white so it's good practice..

He’s outgrown our youth setup & he won’t get regular championship starts, has to go on loan.

Sunderland be a good club to perform at, but a bad one to flop at.

And we looked a better side with him in it than them
We did, but correlation does not mean causation. He played very well, but there's no way he was the entire reason for our upturn in form.

Disappointing that we won’t get to see him action but a season playing men’s football at a big club will do him the world of good career wise…and if it all goes to shit with them again he can just walk away.

A short term loan would probably have been better if they still did them…give him 3 months and if he’s banging them in get him back in the squad.

Disappointing that we won’t get to see him action but a season playing men’s football at a big club will do him the world of good career wise…and if it all goes to shit with them again he can just walk away.

A short term loan would probably have been better if they still did them…give him 3 months and if he’s banging them in get him back in the squad.
We’ll have a recall clause did it with RND last year brought him back from Luton sent him to stoke in jan.

We did, but correlation does not mean causation. He played very well, but there's no way he was the entire reason for our upturn in form.
True, but he was a part.
Unless he plays in the Championship this season he will not be ready for the Premiership if we go up.
If he goes out on loan to L1 what does he do next year if we have been promoted ?

True, but he was a part.
Unless he plays in the Championship this season he will not be ready for the Premiership if we go up.
If he goes out on loan to L1 what does he do next year if we have been promoted ?
Either he plays in the championship hopefully tears it up bangs them in the then arrives the season after as a 20 year old fully fledged as a senior player ready to be a force in them prem. it’s more important that we get him ready to be a top striker than the time frame in which we get him ready. Or he comes back for preseason full of confidence with new found nouse and proves he’s one of the best 4/5 strikers at the club makes himself undroppable and force himself into the squad. Also if we’re in the prem we’re under no pressure to sell. Us going up this year is a best case scenario for us and him.

I didn't say he was but his movement and willingness to show for the ball gave us an extra dimension that we lacked with the other static traffic cone who had seemingly gave up

Back
Top Bottom