CONFIRMED James McAtee - on season-long loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

For McAtee's announcement video, I'd like to see McAtee walking out the stadium after today's match to the Man City bus, stop at the bus doors, after a big pause, he shakes his head, turns round and goes straight to the shop where he throws his City shirt on the floor and puts on a Blades shirt instead. Welcome back James!

I know we all think differently but i would like to see another left back even more so now Osborn is injured .We have plenty of them but they are all injured apart from the french guy and he still has a lot to learn .Also what happens if Wes gets injured? Do we have to rely on Davis ?

Your point was Basham was the alternative, when it no longer is
My point was even with the signings we are still short in midfield. If Basham is anywhere near being considered as adequate cover shows we are struggling. Yes Tom Davies still to come in but doesn’t solve everything. Our injury record is atrocious and our current subs in midfield are Basham, Coulibaly and Brooks.

We bid £10m for Archer without the relegation clause, so it's reasonable to expect that we have something left in the pot.

Personally would like to see us sign McAtee and Balde (LTB) on loan deals, use a little bit of budget to buy a player that can play LWB (maybe Jonny Otto?) and find someone to play LCM.
We might have bid £10 million but we bought for £18 million, how exactly does this mean we have more money to spend? We’ll get two loans and that will be it. ⚔️

Who says we don't have the money?

Think they’d sell Doyle, but unless something changes, we simply wouldn’t have the money that would take.

As much as I like Doyle, best bet is, one of the other lads on loan in order of preference.

I know we all think differently but i would like to see another left back even more so now Osborn is injured .We have plenty of them but they are all injured apart from the french guy and he still has a lot to learn .Also what happens if Wes gets injured? Do we have to rely on Davis ?
Tierney wouldve been a great signing… he’s just gone abroad on loan.

Agreed though, LWB is vital as it’s so obviously our weak spot, as evident today

We might have bid £10 million but we bought for £18 million, how exactly does this mean we have more money to spend? We’ll get two loans and that will be it. ⚔️

The £18m is secured by the buy-back in the event of relegation.

Tierney wouldve been a great signing… he’s just gone abroad on loan.

Agreed though, LWB is vital as it’s so obviously our weak spot, as evident today
thats a great shout always rated him and didnt know arsenal had let him out on loan wheres he gone ?

Going forward we have Davies instead of Basham
Where was he today, out of interest?

Not certain, but I've seen one picture of the team celebrating our goal in front of the bench and there's someone like him with his hair down sat behind the dugout.

Real Sociedad! unfortunately seemed gettable from a team of our stature
There is no way Tierney has gone to a club of our stature Bongle. They finished 4th in La Liga last season! and will compete in the Champions League next season and they're generally a team that finishes in the upper places of La Liga and have played in la Liga for over ten consecutive seasons now. Prior to two seasons out of La Liga they were in La Liga for years and years. So I would say in PL terms Real Sociedad are comparable with Spurs or maybe Villa in terms of size of the club and even Newcastle in terms of current position in their respective league, albeit Newcastle are much wealthier. Also if Tierney was to go to a British club I suspect teams much bigger than United would be in for him.

Where was he today, out of interest?

Not certain, but I've seen one picture of the team celebrating our goal in front of the bench and there's someone like him with his hair down sat behind the dugout.
Hecky said they're not risking him yet as he's not trained properly all pre season. Might be involved v Lincoln but definitely v Everton.

There is no way Tierney has gone to a club of our stature Bongle. They finished 4th in La Liga last season! and will compete in the Champions League next season and they're generally a team that finishes in the upper places of La Liga and have played in la Liga for over ten consecutive seasons now. Prior to two seasons out of La Liga they were in La Liga for years and years. So I would say in PL terms Real Sociedad are comparable with Spurs or maybe Villa in terms of size of the club and even Newcastle in terms of current position in their respective league, albeit Newcastle are much wealthier. Also if Tierney was to go to a British club I suspect teams much bigger than United would be in for him.
Fair play! I wasn’t aware of their stature… i’m still surprised he’s even left on loan and to a club outside PL… it’s a strange transfer

Do you think there's still enough funds available to buy Doyle and give him the contract he'll command?
Based on how and why the Archer deal was structured ie “borrowing” from next seasons money, I suspect that was partly done to make sure there was still something left in the kitty for maybe 1 more transfer.

With Tierney at Sociedad, they may let Diego Rico out on loan. They don't need him anymore

He's experienced and competent. Would be a big improvement for us

Was lovely to see McAtee with all the blades lads on the pitch at the end of the game. Laughing and messing about. He’s coming ain’t he 👌🏼
Aye
He was also clearly chuffed by the serenading he received warming up in front of the South stand
Eeza Blade and eeza Blade - rare enough accolade in itself but for an opposition substitute ?!?!?!

Aye
He was also clearly chuffed by the serenading he received warming up in front of the South stand
Eeza Blade and eeza Blade - rare enough accolade in itself but for an opposition substitute ?!?!?!
yeah i think he already knows hes coming back on loan i also think that if we hadnt had to go so high to get archer tommy doyle would have come on a permanent transfer

yeah i think he already knows hes coming back on loan i also think that if we hadnt had to go so high to get archer tommy doyle would have come on a permanent transfer
The way the Archer deal appears to have been structured I think there’s money left to spend.
Just not for Doyle, unfortunately. Earmarked for the striker position maybe.

“Big European club…. top half Premier League”Reckon someone is being (extremely) optimistic about a lad who’s played <50 1st team games the vast majority of which were in the English ‘2nd’ division
Perhaps part of their ‘hard sell’ that allows em to flog reserves for many millions - ‘must be good, pays for Citeh (reserves)’
Somewhat akin to when Manure routinely fucked us over:- Notman, Cofie, Twiss et al although I’m NOT saying McAtee (nor Doyle) are in anyway comparable with those

Seems that Doyle may end up at Wolves as part of Nunes deal ☹️

Seems that Doyle may end up at Wolves as part of Nunes deal ☹️

Good move for Doyle. It's sad because he'd have been a great long-term Norwood replacement if we could've got him.

But we can't afford him on a permanent and we can't use one of our two domestic loans on him as we're not desperate for someone in that area.

Hopefully the Nunes deal frees up Palmer or McAtee to come here.

Good move for Doyle. It's sad because he'd have been a great long-term Norwood replacement if we could've got him.

But we can't afford him on a permanent and we can't use one of our two domestic loans on him as we're not desperate for someone in that area.

Hopefully the Nunes deal frees up Palmer or McAtee to come here.

Long term Norwood replacement......christ alive....

Back
Top Bottom