CONFIRMED James McAtee - on season-long loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Souza seems to be the type of player the club has needed for a long time at CDM. With McAtee and Hamer either side of him providing attacking inputs and quick, shorter passing, the club is doing the right thing.
Sadly, Norwood is not getting any younger, but I can see the two sharing that role, because PH can deploy each type depending on the opposition, home or away. (For now at least).

We also have Slimane to consider as well so we really have got options now - if everyone can avoid pulling muscles for a few weeks! See that Egan is going for a scan. He and Norwood have been pretty much injury free so far whilst at BL.

We also have Slimane to consider as well so we really have got options now - if everyone can avoid pulling muscles for a few weeks! See that Egan is going for a scan. He and Norwood have been pretty much injury free so far whilst at BL.
Sshhh now. Don’t mention the unmentionable!

Funny how we have moved on from, ‘A strong defence, and no midfield’ to the exact opposite.

Tom Davies could be another CDM option? Luxury!

Reyt loveable on the signing day video he did a trick with a pen where he slid it up his nose and pulled it out his ear.

Macca the Atacca?

This thread by The Pinch makes a decent argument for. Makes sense....

I'm not sure the hear maps really prove anything here, they're relevant to the positions those players have been playing, for example if Souza had been playing in the centre instead of Norwood his heat map would look more similar to Norwoods. If the heatmaps of 2 players playing different positions look exactly the same somethings probably gone wrong because they've both been covering the same space.

I'm not sure the hear maps really prove anything here, they're relevant to the positions those players have been playing, for example if Souza had been playing in the centre instead of Norwood his heat map would look more similar to Norwoods. If the heatmaps of 2 players playing different positions look exactly the same somethings probably gone wrong because they've both been covering the same space.

If you look at the heat maps of Macca v. Manikins on latest Sheff Utd video, Mecca is shit hot 🔥. Welcome home Macca!

I agree. Unless Souza really is the complete package, we can't play a 3 of Hamer, Souza, McAtee
We can if Hamer sits next to him (arguably his best position). Like Doyle and Sander at the end of last season with two AMs behind a central stiker. Trouble is, we now only have one decent AM in McAtee, so we'd have to play either Archer or McBurnie out of position, or drop one and try Traore or Slimane in AM.

3-4-3 in possession.
5-4-1 out of possession.

Great behind the scenes. He's a class act and obviously loves the club and players. I think he'll make one hell of a difference.

Great behind the scenes. He's a class act and obviously loves the club and players. I think he'll make one hell of a difference.
Funny when says he's nearly 6ft tall (5 ft 11.8) but looks smaller. Wikipedia puts him at 5.11, definitely looks smaller.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

More like FU Brian Marwood.

I'd be very surprised if Pep gets involved in the detail of loans for fringe players.

Absolute hats off to the lad himself and his family/advisors. Known manager and teammates, playing in the Prem, but it's definitely going to be tough.
Leicester would have been an easier option for him.

Do Man City have a recall option on him?

I'm desperately hoping Wilder will revolutionise our tactics and we'll actually keep the ball, meaning players like Mcatee will be 100x more effective. If not I can see Man City sending him to Leicester after all as he's not learning much here!

Do Man City have a recall option on him?

I'm desperately hoping Wilder will revolutionise our tactics and we'll actually keep the ball, meaning players like Mcatee will be 100x more effective. If not I can see Man City sending him to Leicester after all as he's not learning much here!
jesus fucking christ !

Back
Top Bottom