CONFIRMED James McAtee - MGW Replacement?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Think someone should tell the star someone on here said he's signing for hudders I think lol

I’m told this morning it’s done with us last he heard, I’ll have 100% nailed on info later today.

EnchantedActualChick-size_restricted.gif

Need to replace Fleck and Norwood. They have been great for the club but they are getting old and slower.
I’m sure everyone can see it.
They are only 31 on that thinking perhaps they should take Sharp and Basham with them maybe even Egan he's 30 soon and don't forget Wes.

They are only 31 on that thinking perhaps they should take Sharp and Basham with them maybe even Egan he's 30 soon and don't forget Wes.

Bit of a difference though isn't there in that Bash and Sharp haven't dropped off a cliff.

Fwiw it's worth I don't think Norwood has either he just had an average game the other night. Way more concerned with Fleck but I'd be very surprised if he goes anywhere, he'll be on good money which will make him hard to shift

Need to replace Fleck and Norwood. They have been great for the club but they are getting old and slower.

Norwood
He's always been slow and lacked physicality. His strength is his range of passing, particular long passing.
His strengths are still top notch but his weaknesses are extreme too and there for everyone to see.

The situation with Norwood is that you must play to his strengths otherwise he's poor.
I can envisage when we're playing at home against weaker opposition dominating possession....then Norwood will still excel.
However when we play away or against a really good team who retain possession or a very physical/ quick team (like Watford) then Norwood struggles.

Fleck
He's an example of a player who has lost his hunger, he's earned his big contract and played (pretty well for 1 season) in the Premier League.
He's done what he wanted to do in the game and now he's resting on his laurels, the only way is down for him.
For the past 2 years I've noticed he tends to hide, plays plenty of short sideways passes, rarely ventures forward, rarely takes on a man,
rarely tries difficult passes or shots. It's just nice, keep possession short sideways passing.

Norwood's game is long passing, so his style means he'll either have a really good game or a really poor game.
Where as Fleck often has OK games, he doesn't take any risks so he always has a safe 6 or 7 out of 10 game and rarely stands out for having a poor game.

Last edited:
I'm not convinced Norwood is getting slower - he's just exposed more often than when we were at our peak two or three years ago. I agree with semi-regular suggestions that he'd benefit from a fast ball winner next to him/behind him, but, I assume the three centre backs are supposed to do a similar job in that respect.

I do agree that Fleck has put in a lot of unacceptable performances over the last two years, but sometimes he has strong games as well. Sally I do think he deserves "dropping" to an occasional rotation option (when Doyle replaces him in CM). Less matches might even raise his performance levels, no fatigue etc.

Norwood
He's always been slow and lacked physicality. His strength is his range of passing, particular long passing.
His strengths are still top notch but his weaknesses are extreme too and there for everyone to see.

The situation with Norwood is that you must play to his strengths otherwise he's poor.
I can envisage when we're playing at home against weaker opposition dominating possession....then Norwood will still excel.
However when we play away or against a really good team who retain possession or a very physical/ quick team (like Watford) then Norwood struggles.

Fleck
He's an example of a player who has lost his hunger, he's earned his big contract and played (pretty well for 1 season) in the Premier League.
He's done what he wanted to do in the game and now he's resting on his laurels, the only way is down for him.
For the past 2 years I've noticed he tends to hide, plays plenty of short sideways passes, rarely ventures forward, rarely takes on a man,
rarely tries difficult passes or shots. It's just nice, keep possession short sideways passing.

Norwood's game is long passing, so his style means he'll either have a really good game or a really poor game.
Where as Fleck doesn't take any risks so he always has a safe 6 or 7 out of 10 game and rarely stands out for having a poor game.

Norwood still has something to offer but what really does piss me off these days is his set pieces. When he was in form in the Championship pre promotion he could put a pin point ball into the box and at least got his direct free kicks on target. Getting those right doesn't require him to still be in his 20's.

Fleck like I have been saying all week that I think he is done at this level OR he is unwell (suffering with post COVID issues?).

Norwood

Fleck

Where as Fleck often has OK games, he doesn't take any risks so he always has a safe 6 or 7 out of 10 game and rarely stands out for having a poor game.
Completely agree re Fleck. Got an improved contract, knows he won't be getting another, just turning the cogs until next summer when he'll be taking the family back up to Scotland somewhere to see out the twilight of his career.

Did well for us once, but hasn't for at least 2 possibly 3 years now, he's just seeing it out.

We know it's a difficult division to get out of, we need players wanting to give it everything.

Back
Top Bottom