CONFIRMED James McAtee - MGW Replacement?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why does everybody seem to have a mate who's a city fan all of a sudden
Some of them live in Manchester, some went to Uni in Manchester, many Mancs go to uni in Sheffield and several posters are taking the piss out of Pitsmoor Pig who pretends to be a City fan on Twitter, praising the pigs, like “I thiNk Wednesday are massive and shud be on the Premiership league. FRom a Man City fan”

Norwood still has something to offer but what really does piss me off these days is his set pieces. When he was in form in the Championship pre promotion he could put a pin point ball into the box and at least got his direct free kicks on target. Getting those right doesn't require him to still be in his 20's.

Fleck like I have been saying all week that I think he is done at this level OR he is unwell (suffering with post COVID issues?).
Apparently one of the strength's of Doyle is his set pieces - takes them all for his team so it will be interesting

Fleck- not had the fitness he needs to be at his best for 2 years. Has always needed a long run of games to get going and always starts slowly. He’s a quality player, who if we can get fit and keep fit will still be a starter in this side.
Norwood- there must be a reason he ditched international football and it must be to do with the physical side of the game. So likely managing some long term issue. In a side capable of keeping the ball in tight areas and allowing him little more time he’s still a huge asset for us.

This new set of lads, used properly, will allow us many more options and perhaps take some of the pressure off these older lads being expected to play every minute of every game. Competition may also see them push on again and up their game.

Fingers crossed we keep them all fit and see our midfield dominate…win the midfield game you usually win the match.

This is exciting - we finally have some players who can hopefully excite the crowd.

Went for years without a maverick creative player until Gibbs white. Now we have 3 in McAtee, khadra and N’daiye.

They are going to lose the ball and try stuff that doesn’t always come off but we should let let keep going without getting in their backs as there are some match winners right there!

Why does everybody seem to have a mate who's a city fan all of a sudden

I heard from a City fan they only tend to be friends with Sheffield Wednesday fans.

Apparently one of the strength's of Doyle is his set pieces - takes them all for his team so it will be interesting

I am just happy to see a free kick go on target, if we end up scoring goals from them its a bonus.

Who would of thought that Man City would be our feeder club ? 🤣🤣🤣

Seriously, if this works out well for Doyle and MCatee then I can see more talent coming to us from Man City for the near future - especially with Kyle Walker due to come home soon as well 🤣

What a great position to be in.

UTMB
Won’t be when we’re in same division as them 🤣

Can't wait to see England's brightest young prospect be brought on as an 87th minute sub every week.

.....After the 593rd Norwood 'ping' ends up in Swallownest and a John Fleck corner has killed 4 people and injured 22.
Hey I was brought up in Swallownest before I moved to the posh end of the village
We didn't stand pointing when we used to play and always knew how to tackle

Some of them live in Manchester, some went to Uni in Manchester, many Mancs go to uni in Sheffield and several posters are taking the piss out of Pitsmoor Pig who pretends to be a City fan on Twitter, praising the pigs, like “I thiNk Wednesday are massive and shud be on the Premiership league. FRom a Man City fan”

I've got a pal who is a Man City fan, we worked together in the past, and kept in touch. He was a real die-hard, "home and away, and abroad" supporter, went to every game and never missed one for donkey's years. Booked his holidays, days off, and business trips, all around Citeh.

I've not asked him about McAteer, but will do, in the next few weeks.

From a friend of a Manchester City fan.

So he is left footed so is he going to replace Fleck ?

19yo Man City CAM. He’s been linked with a Championship loan next season. 18gls and 7 assists in the PL2 this season

Think we have to realise that to get the flair, skill and class required to replace MGW, we need to look at players hungry and destined for bigger things with the naivety of youth. McAtee fits the bill i reckon

Of course he probably does fit the bill but it would be nice if "one of our own" also fits the bill,bearing in mind he comes from a Premiership club and has played some games at the top level,we'll see how he goes on at t'championship level.

I used to work with a lad who is a big Man City fan.

Big in the sense that he's well over 20st but he knows fa about football so I haven't bothered asking him for an opinion.

(With apologies to fat Bob if I've offended him by questioning his football knowledge and to the PC brigade that may think fat Bob isn't an appropriate name for rotund chap called Bob)

And his name substitues quite nicely in to the Morgan Gibbs-White song so no need to make up any new ones, although I still might if I can think of something suitably duff.

What I like about this signing is that he's another along with Doyle and Khadra who shouldn't go missing in games. I don't mean form-wise, I just think a lot of our players have lost their ability to move off their man into space to show for the ball. It always frustrates me how the opposition always seem to have a man free but our non-existent movement means we never have anyone free and it ends up going backward.

Lets not get carried away. He has to really impress in training to break into our starting 11 .....

😂

Sorry - can't see for tears

• Haha
Reactions: SLB
I used to work with a lad who is a big Man City fan.

Big in the sense that he's well over 20st but he knows fa about football so I haven't bothered asking him for an opinion.

(With apologies to fat Bob if I've offended him by questioning his football knowledge and to the PC brigade that may think fat Bob isn't an appropriate name for rotund chap called Bob)
Fat Bob was Paul Calf’s mate so pretty appropriate for a big Manc lad called Bob.

And his name substitues quite nicely in to the Morgan Gibbs-White song so no need to make up any new ones, although I still might if I can think of something suitably duff.

He's our forward in the red and white
taking over from Morgan Gibbs-White
A loan fee, and he comes from Citee
and his name is James McAtee

That would fit the bill nicely, takes over the McBurnie song and includes MGW as well.

taking over from Morgan Gibbs-White
A loan fee, and he comes from Citee
and his name is James McAtee

That would fit the bill nicely, takes over the McBurnie song and includes MGW as well.

taking over from the Gibbs-White
On a loan, and he will see
United fucking hate Wednesday

Back
Top Bottom