CONFIRMED James McAtee - MGW Replacement?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Norwood isn't finished yet but Fleck is. Not sure if its a COVID thing or just old age but Fleck is not a player I recognise anymore.

Hopefully it's not his age, he turns 31 this month which isn't that old for a footballer than what it may have been in the distant past.

Perhaps it's a bit of both and Covid has aged him further.

Hopefully it's not his age, he turns 31 this month and isn't that old for a footballer than what it may have been in the distant past.

Perhaps it's a bit of both and Covid has aged him more.

Well the movement isn't there from Fleck. So he either has long COVID symptoms or his age has caught up with him.

Absolutely guaranteed that he signs on loan, looks to be the best player the championship has ever seen, then falls down the stairs at Shirecliffe - out for the season.

Absolutely guaranteed that he signs on loan, looks to be the best player the championship has ever seen, then falls down the stairs at Shirecliffe - out for the season.

A huge sinkhole appears on the training ground pitch and he disappears down it.

Also don't think it can't happen either:

Long covid is that even real? His legs have just gone simple as that

Yes it’s real, but as for the reason behind his decline - just speculation

He has had a rough go of it with personal health issues in the last 2 years, clearly hasn’t helped his form

Reminds me a lot of Brooks in stature and play style, certainly exciting going forward. We need a strong CM imo, agree with comments that Fleck is just nowhere near what he used to be unfortunately, and it seems Coulibaly isn't fancied to step in.

A while back (3 or 4 years?) it was said that Man City had nicked a couple of players from our academy. Does anyone know who they were? Not sure how old they are now.

He’s a 10 that can play as an 8

Whereas Doyle is an 8 that can play as a 10 (unless your name is Pep)

I don't know what they feed them at the City academy but both look as though they could do with a few hot meals inside them.

If McAtee comes then surely we can't play McAtee alongside Doyle with an average age of19.5! So maybe we'd be looking to just play with one striker up top and two attacking mids behind with Doyle and Fleck the most likely behind. I reaally think we need stronger competition than Osborn for Fleck who as good as he was is not the same player as he was two years ago.
If their good enough they’re old enough and age should not come into it.

Our midfield got battered last night.

The Fleck and Norwood era is over

A while back (3 or 4 years?) it was said that Man City had nicked a couple of players from our academy. Does anyone know who they were? Not sure how old they are now.

I believe I read at the time that one was Ian Breckin's son (Google tells me he's call Kian and is 18 and still at City), not sure on the other.

Edit - Just found this article to support that, seems City signed him from us aged... 11!

He doesn't look like a Fleck replacement, looks like he plays an advanced role (20+ goals last season). He's here to be a 10, so would be competing with Ndiaye / Khadra / Berge (if he stays, which I'm starting to doubt).

He looks terrific, but has played very little first team football, So we should hold our breath. He seems to be a goalscoring inside left and given the lack of contribution elsewhere, we need each of those front 3, hitting double figures. No signs of being a central midfielder. Still if he is left footed he could give us but of width and quality on that side. I guess tactically, it wont be competition for Fleck....i guess the question for that position, is does Hecky see Doyle playing there. What it could mean, if he signs, is Berge dropping back instead of Norwood more often....if Berge is still with us....

don’t take everything so literally, it’s a rough timescale because if they had said by Wednesday and it wasn’t announced today people would panic.
Makes no difference - if they say 'by end of the week' and he hasn't signed by Wednesday, there'll still be a huge panic!

Whereas Doyle is an 8 that can play as a 10 (unless your name is Pep)

I don't know what they feed them at the City academy but both look as though they could do with a few hot meals inside them.
Aye pretty much Doyle looks to have better passing range than McAtee so can do the whole dictating from deep thing whereas McAtee is better on the dribble and a better finisher. They should slot into the same 11 quite nicely. Yeah they’re both on the slighter side but if they were well built lads and carried the technical ability they’ve currently got I don’t think we’d have a sniff at bringing them in

Back
Top Bottom