Jack O’Connell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tough news for the lad, although I'm sure he's known himself for some time. Terrific player and leader. Always a shame seeing a top player's career ended early, best of luck to him in his future endeavours.

Devastated for him. A fantastic player who played an instrumental role in our success and our identity. Wishing him and his family all the very best for the future.

Sad news always hoped he would be back , all the players used to call him "pancake" cus he flattened everyone 🤣

Big miss !

So sad Jack, you where a great player. We will really miss you. All the best, have a good life x

Sad day, great player and great lad. Good luck Jack, you will always be a Blade.

This is really sad for jack, everyone could see the effort he put in to get back, but sadly it wasnt to be. Possibly the best defender ive seen for us and would have gone on to be a top player for a big club and country. All the best for the future and please come back so we can show our appreciation

And that is why players go for the big money signing. A career ended with one injury. Best of luck for the future. I'm sure you will be succesful whatever the future holds. Will be truly missed in Red and White.

What a player and what a beast in defence.

Hope he stays in the game in some capacity.

Is it possible that we could have a testimonial for Jack and Billy?

Good Luck to him, i'm certain that there's a role at a football club that
they'll offer him. Far too good to disappear from the sport and hopefully
he'll go on to achieve much, much more regardless of what role.

It is bad enough if this had happened in a game but for it to happen in training is particularly annoying and even more tragic for the player.

Hopefully we now have more modern coaching methods in place and have abandoned the prehistoric methods that sound macho and tough and a bit ’Northern’

Announced his retirement from the game.

Good Luck to him, i'm certain that there's a role at a football club that
they'll offer him. Far too good to disappear from the sport and hopefully
he'll go on to achieve much, much more regardless of what role.
What a player. It's such a shame that he's been robbed of his career, which always looked on the upwards trajectory.
Given everything thats been said about him with the group, in the gym and his new venture he's mentioned, BOAST - why not get him on the coaching staff? If he wants to do the badges, that is...

I wonder if we had him covered by insurance. Apologies if someone has already asked the question

All the best to him , very similar end as that of Whitehouse.. two legends .. what a combination down the left they could of been btw

It is bad enough if this had happened in a game but for it to happen in training is particularly annoying and even more tragic for the player.

Hopefully we now have more modern coaching methods in place and have abandoned the prehistoric methods that sound macho and tough and a bit ’Northern’
The injuries we rack up at Shirecliffe suggests not.

Inevitable sadly.

Doesn’t make it any less sickening when an Elite level player succumbs to injury way ahead of time.

Jack. You woz a gud un and your contribution to what was an incredibly successful period in our clubs history will never be forgotten.

The biggest ever GLTTL I could ever write. Thank you.

👏.

🧱 😀!

UTB

No surprise, but no less upsetting.

You could say he was one the best central defenders to play for us. But that wouldn't be enough. Best defenders? Nah. One of the most best players? Yep, I think he was that good.

Can't remember many more reliable or more consistent.

Should have played at a higher level than he made it to with us.

Thanks for everything Jack.

Thanks for everything Jack.

The Magic Hat day at MK Dons, the assist and the goal against Ipswich, the bucaneering style in that first season in the Premier league when certain pundits wrote off our ovelapping centre backs. You showed them.

You have put everything into getting back to fitness in the past 3 years. Hours and hours of hard work in the gym shows your professionalism. You deserved better.

Gutted.

The interview with him on sutv confirming that Southgate was looking at him must make his girlfriend's success with the womens side a bit of a weird one to deal with. It's not like he can just "forget" football when his Mrs is in world cups etc!

Back
Top Bottom