Jack O’Connell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The guy (and brother) at the back of block 538 sang Jack's song constantly through Saturday's game. He was ace. A teacher by all accounts; I bet he struggled with a sore throat trying to teach this morning.

Hopefully the song gets a good blast on Saturday and he gets a good send off on the lap of honour

He's not coming back. Already planning a post retirement business with his missus I’m afraid- great shame and a terrible way to prematurely end what would have been a long and stellar career

Hopefully promotion confirmed Wednesday night and he can come on for 2 minutes against Preston (if he’s registered because I don’t know if he is)

Hopefully promotion confirmed Wednesday night and he can come on for 2 minutes against Preston (if he’s registered because I don’t know if he is)
Might not be a good idea if he's hoping for an insurance payout for his career ending injury. Playing again, even for 2 minutes could be seen by an insurance company as a reason not to pay out on any future claims...

Might not be a good idea if he's hoping for an insurance payout for his career ending injury. Playing again, even for 2 minutes could be seen by an insurance company as a reason not to pay out on any future claims...

This is correct, a walk around the pitch saying his goodbyes is going to be enough..

JOC will have been paid a lot of dosh during his time injured, I'd suspect he's one of our better-paid players and deservedly so when he was playing. You have to credit him for everything he brought to the club. Sad to see him go/retire. While he was still at the club there was always that hope of 'what if'

Echo everyone else regarding his best years in the game being robbed. I really feel for him and he will always have our support even if he is no longer playing.

I do think JOC would have gone on to play for Liverpool or similar and got an England call up had he not got injured.

I wish him all the best. He will be forever a Blades legend.

An absolute baller and would without a shadow of a doubt, be in and around the England set up without that injury.

All the best, JOC.

Tragic for him, SUFC and all us supporters. Hopefully will not stop him having a successful career running his football schools, or whatever else he turns his hand to.

I know it isn't a long time to get organised, but if SUFC could designate the Stuttgart game as a Testimonial for Jack that would put thousands on the gate.

I get he'll never need a food bank etc, but just for us all to say thank you Jack.

Very sad, as others have said, we all thought it was coming because had there been any chance of a comeback then he would probably have been given a years contract, or a month to month contract. Right up there as one of the best defenders, and players full stop we've ever had. Definitely would have gone onto play for England. Wish him all the best and hopefully he'll continue in the game in another capacity. Seems a smart lad so hopefully a career in coaching or management beckons, or a related position in football. Won't ever be forgotten.

Back
Top Bottom