CONFIRMED Jack O’Connell injured?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If true then the season resuming and continuing to a conclusion might scupper our European chances. PPG calculation looking mighty appealing right now.

The problem is some of you new members almost come across as gloating over this
A lot seem to be, I’ve previously said I’d rather look like a plonker and had been told false information than my information being correct. It’s very strange behaviour that people are expecting apologies if it turns out to be true.

We wouldn’t play a midfield without a left sided player.

I agree it's odd. But these lads seem to be on the money.

Wilder has previous in forcing the Sander Berge issue - he hasn't warranted a starting berth (on merit) since he arrived but has been thrown in.
It wouldn't surprise me if Luke Freeman has been overlooked once more. Wilder really doesn't seem to fancy him. Think he'll walk this Summer.

If true then the season resuming and continuing to a conclusion might scupper our European chances. PPG calculation looking mighty appealing right now.

Today's football is becoming more & more a squad game, we have been actively building our squad for just such an occasion as this where players get an injury, have a bit of faith for goodness sake, we are not about to collapse due to 1 or 2 regulars being missing for a bit.

I agree it's odd. But these lads seem to be on the money.

Wilder has previous in forcing the Sander Berge issue - he hasn't warranted a starting berth (on merit) since he arrived but has been thrown in.
It wouldn't surprise me if Luke Freeman has been overlooked once more. Wilder really doesn't seem to fancy him. Think he'll walk this Summer.
Seen a few people have a bit of a pop at Berge but the fact remains we haven't lost a game with him in the side yet.

It’s bollocks. Both fleck and JOC are starting tonight. This chabuddy g is probably a bored pig.
😆 😆 I'm a pig because I've just given you news you don't want to hear? Robinson and Lunny in, not sure why it's not Freeman but it isn't

Seen a few people have a bit of a pop at Berge but the fact remains we haven't lost a game with him in the side yet.

It wasn't intended as "a pop." I think most would agree that his start has been steady at best &, on merit, not worthy of dislodging (even an out-of-form) Lundstram.

I'm also not criticising Wilder's decision to start him. He's obviously taking a long-term view on wanting to bed him in.

Whether we should be taking a "long-term view on it" whilst Europe remains an immediate possibility is another debate.

Sander is very comfortable on the left and Lunny is our hard tackler - plus if he wants to put in a display to advertise himself this is THE game to do it in with the whole football world watching.

It wasn't intended as "a pop." I think most would agree that his start has been steady at best & on merit not worthy of dislodging (even an out-of-form) Lundstram.

I'm also not criticising Wilder's decision to start him. He's obviously taking a long-term view on wanting to bed him in.

Whether we should be taking a "long-term view" on it whilst Europe remains an immediate possibility is another debate.
I don’t think you can argue that Lundstram was out of steam when Berge came in. It was the right thing to do at that time and we haven’t lost since. He still has a long way to go, I admit that, but as you’ve alluded to Berge is the long term heartbeat of this side and we need to build around him ASAP. Added to Lundstram’s contract situation (rumours or otherwise) then I really don’t see it as a debate about who starts for us right now.

Tonight will be interesting if they both start. That’s some physical power in midfield - albeit at the expense of Fleck’s guile.

We wouldn’t play a midfield without a left sided player.

I think you’d have to go back to League 1 for a starting lineup where Wilder didn’t go for a strict approach to the left/right balance with all options fit and available, but Lundstram in the left of what was then a two in the middle happened in his first season when Fleck was suspended (I think Bash was to the right of him with CCV at RCB). This fitted with him being pencilled in as a Fleck alternative in Aug 2017 on the Deadline Day whiteboard – only Lafferty was the alternative to that, which obviously wasn’t ideal.

It would be very unWilder to opt for a right footer at LCM when Osborn and L.Freeman are both available, which is why I don’t think that’s right. Osborn in particular Wilder’s been clearly keen to get more involved where possible.

Pretty much confirmed they've both got knocks on the Premier League Fantasy Football App, JOC 25% chance of playing and Fleck 75%.

Funny how our manager doesn't confirm your boast about missing players.....strange that, you'd think Wilder would be second in line, behind you naturally, to know who is or isn't injured?

To be fair, CW has a tendency to keep new injuries quiet before a game. Only afterwards that we get the updates and how long out etc

To be fair, CW has a tendency to keep new injuries quiet before a game. Only afterwards that we get the updates and how long out etc

I know mate, as you say, let's wait and see.......it may well be that JOC isn't playing, I just wish that some posters would choose their words more carefully, it sometimes read like a news flash written by an opposing supporter, so what's written is more in joy than concern.

Can reveal that all members of the media get their news from Facebook

Don't ask me how I know this

Let's not panic if we have a couple out...yes it's a blow...but hopefully it's not for too long...keep the faith people...UTMB!

I think you’d have to go back to League 1 for a starting lineup where Wilder didn’t go for a strict approach to the left/right balance with all options fit and available, but Lundstram in the left of what was then a two in the middle happened in his first season when Fleck was suspended (I think Bash was to the right of him with CCV at RCB). This fitted with him being pencilled in as a Fleck alternative in Aug 2017 on the Deadline Day whiteboard – only Lafferty was the alternative to that, which obviously wasn’t ideal.

It would be very unWilder to opt for a right footer at LCM when Osborn and L.Freeman are both available, which is why I don’t think that’s right. Osborn in particular Wilder’s been clearly keen to get more involved where possible.
It is mate, but it's confusing to me too. I regularly get team info and it's never been wrong, could be a red herring to try and 'out' the leak or narrow it down, who knows?

I'd rather Freeman.

Last year when he had the same injury. Stevens played CB with Kieran Dowell LWB
He hadn't potentially done his ACL though that time which is why this time could be much more devastating

Back
Top Bottom