Player Suggestion Ismaila Cheik Coulibaly

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm going to have a crack at this random Norwegian footballer recommendation lark.

My vote goes to: Jørgen Strand Larsen

• I've never seen him play. I find this adds to the exotic mystery of this particular recommendation.
  • Nice triple name, tailor made for terrace chants.
  • He plays for Sarpsborg. Deano managed them so that practically makes this kid a Blade already by literally no association.
  • 20 year old striker. 6 ft 4. That's how we like 'em.
  • AC Milan had him on loan one year in case he was good.
  • Finally, and most compelling of all, he has one arm bandaged. He's a Jostein Flo regen. Gerrimsigned.

View attachment 90087

GERRIMIN.

I'm going to have a crack at this random Norwegian footballer recommendation lark.

My vote goes to: Jørgen Strand Larsen

• I've never seen him play. I find this adds to the exotic mystery of this particular recommendation.
  • Nice triple name, tailor made for terrace chants.
  • He plays for Sarpsborg. Deano managed them so that practically makes this kid a Blade already by literally no association.
  • 20 year old striker. 6 ft 4. That's how we like 'em.
  • AC Milan had him on loan one year in case he was good.
  • Finally, and most compelling of all, he has one arm bandaged. He's a Jostein Flo regen. Gerrimsigned.

View attachment 90087

Signed by Herenveen yesterday

We are really happy with this loan signing and have very big expectations. We breeded Victor Wanyama years ago and hope that Coulibaly will step in his shoes.
So do we.

Sky Sports know something we don't?

If you put Gillette Soccer on now look on the transfers in (right hand side of the screen) where it goes through all the Prem clubs it says we've signed this Coulibaly fella for an undisclosed fee from Sarpsborg 08 🤨

I'm presuming it's just a mistake though 😒

Sky Sports know something we don't?

If you put Gillette Soccer on now look on the transfers in (right hand side of the screen) where it goes through all the Prem clubs it says we've signed this Coulibaly fella for an undisclosed fee from Sarpsborg 08 🤨

I'm presuming it's just a mistake though 😒
It’s usually a good idea to read the thread. We have signed him and loaned him to Beerschot, our new partner club, as he’s not yet eligible for a U.K. work permit.

It’s usually a good idea to read the thread. We have signed him and loaned him to Beerschot, our new partner club, as he’s not yet eligible for a U.K. work permit.

Thanks. I knew we'd signed a youth and then loaned him to Beerschot but totally forgot what his name was so when I saw that on GSS I thought it was someone new 😶

Interestingly, he has been kept on the U21 list we submitted to the PL yesterday.

United's 25-man squad is as follows (*denotes home grown)​

Baldock, George Henry Ivor*
Basham, Christopher Paul*
Berge, Sander Gard Bolin
Bryan, Kean Shay*
Burke, Oliver*
Egan, John*
Fleck, John Alexander
Foderingham, Wesley Andrew*
Jagielka, Philip Nikodem*
Lowe, Max Josef*
Lundstram, John David*
McBurnie, Oliver*
McGoldrick, David James*
Mousset, Lys Emilien
Norwood, Oliver James*
Osborn, Benjamin Jarrod*
Ramsdale, Aaron*
Robinson, Jack*
Rodwell, Jack Christian*
Sharp, Billy Louis*
Stevens, Enda
Verrips, Michael Robin

U21 players (Contract and Scholars)​

Amissah, Jordan
Ampadu, Ethan
Anderson, Beau James
Angell, Thomas Harry
Arblaster, Oliver Luke
Ayari, Hassan Ben Kamel
Bailey-Green, Tyrese
Belehouan, Seri Jean Leroy
Bogle, Jayden Ian
Boyes, Harry
Brewster, Rhian Joel
Broadbent, George
Brookes, Andre Chance
Brunt, Zak Rian
Cappello, Angelo Santo
Chapman, Joshua Matthew
Coulibaly, Ismaila Cheick
Cullinan, Harvey
Dewhurst, Marcus Robert
Gaxha, Leonardo
Gomis, Nicksoen
Gordon, Kyron Silveria
Graham, Samuel
Grant, Kamarl Antonio
Hackford, Antwoine
Hall, Ashton Vincent
Hampshaw, Henry Kit
Hiddlestone, Callum
Jebbison, Daniel David
Lopata, Kacper
Maguire, Francis William
Mallon, Stephen Anthony
Marsh, Louie
Ndiaye, Iliman Cheikh Baroy
Neal, Harrison
Norrington-Davies, Rhys Llewelyn
Osula, William Idamudia Daugard
Parkhouse, David Cain
Potter, Finley John
Seriki, Oluwafemi Ibrahim
Skerritt, Tristan Devere
Slater, Ethan
Slater, Regan Newman
Smith, Joshua James
Viggars, Ryan James
Williams, Luther Cornelius Mclachlan
Williams, Theo
Williams, Tommy John Albert

So is RND.
Yes indeed, though that was always likely given the recall option (he and Smith were last season too despite their loans). I thought it was interesting though given he, presumably, wouldn’t be able to get a visa to play for us right now? Or have I completely missed something on that?

Yes indeed, though that was always likely given the recall option (he and Smith were last season too despite their loans). I thought it was interesting though given he, presumably, wouldn’t be able to get a visa to play for us right now? Or have I completely missed something on that?
I have no idea about visa criteria other than I remember hearing the big clubs can sometimes get round them by claiming a young player is a special talent or something like that so I’d guess we’ve named him in case he continues to play like he has done and scores frequently, so we can argue he’s entitled to a visa and recall him.

This guy really is a different class. He reminds me and many fans of a 16 year old Moussa Dembele when he made his debut. So strong on the ball, physically strong. Only 19, he can become a top player in Europe. Off course there are some points to work on but in 2 years this guy will be the finished product.

This guy really is a different class. He reminds me and many fans of a 16 year old Moussa Dembele when he made his debut. So strong on the ball, physically strong. Only 19, he can become a top player in Europe. Off course there are some points to work on but in 2 years this guy will be the finished product.
Ready for us in league one 👌

He's there for three years to get a work permit for UK, but if I remember correctly from my football manager days, if they get an international cap, they qualify for a work permit immediately.

I'm probably talking bollocks though.

Criteria for Players​

To be eligible for a Governing Body Endorsement under PBS:

• The applicant club must be in membership of the Premier League or Football League. During the period of endorsement, the player may only play for clubs in membership of those leagues (i.e. the player may not be loaned to a club below the Football League);
  • The player must have participated in at least 75% of his home country’s senior competitive international matches where he was available for selection during the two years preceding the date of the application; and
  • The player’s National Association must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA World Rankings when averaged over the two years preceding the date of the application.
Can't see him getting a permit soon. Malia are 68th in the world rankings.

There is an appeal process which brings into account value of transfer and wages, and whether they are a youth player of the "highest caliber"

Criteria for Players​

To be eligible for a Governing Body Endorsement under PBS:

• The applicant club must be in membership of the Premier League or Football League. During the period of endorsement, the player may only play for clubs in membership of those leagues (i.e. the player may not be loaned to a club below the Football League);
  • The player must have participated in at least 75% of his home country’s senior competitive international matches where he was available for selection during the two years preceding the date of the application; and
  • The player’s National Association must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA World Rankings when averaged over the two years preceding the date of the application.
Can't see him getting a permit soon. Malia are 68th in the world rankings.

There is an appeal process which brings into account value of transfer and wages, and whether they are a youth player of the "highest caliber"

Where are Ayia Napa & Zante in the rankings?

This guy really is something special. 19 years old and he bossed the Anderlecht midfield this Sunday which included one of Belgium’s biggest talents in Lokonga and Austria’s international Zulj. This lad will become a European top 20 box to box midfielders. He is the same category of Dembele and Wanyama in their prime. Really a big compliment for the scouts that found him. I assume Van Winckel played a role in this transfer.

This guy really is something special. 19 years old and he bossed the Anderlecht midfield this Sunday which included one of Belgium’s biggest talents in Lokonga and Austria’s international Zulj. This lad will become a European top 20 box to box midfielders. He is the same category of Dembele and Wanyama in their prime. Really a big compliment for the scouts that found him. I assume Van Winckel played a role in this transfer.

Seen him play for you on DAZN a few times. Top class.

Back
Top Bottom