Player Suggestion Ismaila Cheik Coulibaly

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Get him in ASAP. Also Wilder needs to get VW to get the scouting done

Get him in ASAP. Also Wilder needs to get VW to get the scouting done
He has no work permit in uk and will not get one either any time soon. That’s the reason we loaned him. In any case expecting that a 19 year old development player can get you out a relegation fight is not realistic. The scouting network will have many potential solutions to offer if the recruitment is shifted to signing foreign players. Januzaj for instance is a player who has developed in La Liga and is now at an age, 25, to deliver on his potential. You need 2, 3 players with attacking flair that create chances out of nothing.

He has no work permit in uk and will not get one either any time soon. That’s the reason we loaned him. In any case expecting that a 19 year old development player can get you out a relegation fight is not realistic. The scouting network will have many potential solutions to offer if the recruitment is shifted to signing foreign players. Januzaj for instance is a player who has developed in La Liga and is now at an age, 25, to deliver on his potential. You need 2, 3 players with attacking flair that create chances out of nothing.

The plan seems clear on Coulibaly to have him at Beerschot for three years and let him develop. That he has already exceeded expectations to this point is great, but he's still only 19 so potentially prone to bigger fluctuations in form.

The question is, if a work permit is a three year wait, would he be able to play anywhere else on mainland Europe? If he develops this much then the pressure might be on to sell him onto a big club in Germany or Italy. Certainly, we'd need to be in the PL for him to play for us at any time!

The plan seems clear on Coulibaly to have him at Beerschot for three years and let him develop. That he has already exceeded expectations to this point is great, but he's still only 19 so potentially prone to bigger fluctuations in form.

The question is, if a work permit is a three year wait, would he be able to play anywhere else on mainland Europe? If he develops this much then the pressure might be on to sell him onto a big club in Germany or Italy. Certainly, we'd need to be in the PL for him to play for us at any time!
It’s early days yet. He only played 9 games so far. Is he plays a full season at this level I think all parties concerned will evaluate and see what is best. In any case his value has already risen to 10 million at least and he was only bought for 2.3 million so very good business😁 Anderlechts biggest midfield talent Sambi Lokonga is valued at 10 million and he’s two years older and all analysts agreed that Coulibaly is a bigger talent than Lokonga.

It’s early days yet. He only played 9 games so far. Is he plays a full season at this level I think all parties concerned will evaluate and see what is best. In any case his value has already risen to 10 million at least and he was only bought for 2.3 million so very good business😁 Anderlechts biggest midfield talent Sambi Lokonga is valued at 10 million and he’s two years older and all analysts agreed that Coulibaly is a bigger talent than Lokonga.
The key is for him is to play for his country that would make him eligible for a work permit immediately

The key is for him is to play for his country that would make him eligible for a work permit immediately

That's not 100% correct unfortunately. To qualify via that route he has to be a regular and his country be in the Top 60 of the world rankings.

Mali are currently in 65.

There is also some stipulations that can be made for serious young talents that don't qualify normally. It's a bit of a grey area but there's a possibility if he had an absolute stormer all this season we may be able to appeal on that basis and get him back next summer.

So, new FA work permit rules following Brexit.

By my (dodgy) calculations, he will be eligible for a work permit next season (And possibly this January? The system is pretty complicated)

Capture.PNG
-This assumes Beershot don't get relegated and he plays >40% of available minutes

Some of these points calcs will be wrong as the document is pretty complicated but the threshold is 15 and I'm pretty sure he can reach it, especially considering he can get extra points in the youth section (I think), and even if he doesn't reach 15 he only needs 10 points for it to go to the Exceptions Panel to show that: 'the Youth Player shows significant potential and is of sufficient quality'

This article has not gone down well with Beerschot directors and fans. We have been told that Mr bettis gave this interview to draw the attention away of the current poor results but that it is not in line with the agreements. Beerschot is only for 50% owned by the Prince and the other shareholders are in favor of a mutual beneficial cooperation but not to act as a pure feeder club. As concerns Coulibaly it is said that he will finish the season at Beerschot and then they will assess again.

This article has not gone down well with Beerschot directors and fans. We have been told that Mr bettis gave this interview to draw the attention away of the current poor results but that it is not in line with the agreements. Beerschot is only for 50% owned by the Prince and the other shareholders are in favor of a mutual beneficial cooperation but not to act as a pure feeder club. As concerns Coulibaly it is said that he will finish the season at Beerschot and then they will assess again.

He’s our player we can say whatever we want about him

They should count there selves lucky that there superior overlords let them keep him for the season

In the case of Coulibaly I don't think Bettis has spoken out of turn.

He's our player, that we've paid for, & have loaned out to you guys for a few seasons.
If circumstances necessitated then we are well within our rights to terminate the loan and bring our asset back in house (provided the contract allows for it).

If Bettis had said that Wilder has his pick of Beerschot players whenever he needs them & can get them cheap then I'd understand your fans' annoyance. But this is different.

Yeah I don't think what has been said acts like Beerschot are a feeder club. That's totally wrong, you have a player on loan from us, it's no different to you loaning a player from Anderlecht and them wanting him back. That the prince has interests in both clubs is largely irrelevant.

BTW PurpleRain , what are your thoughts on Tissoudali? I'm not thinking about anything for Sheff U, I'm talking generally? He came from Dutch division 2 which isn't a superb standard, but seems to have flourished in your attacking style.

The concerns are not about Coulibaly, that situation is clear, it’s more about the other stuff he has said. Replace the word Beerschot by Sheffield United in the article and see if you would appreciate such interview about your club. We have not signed up to a pyramide and being treated for a higher cause. Our own ambition is the highest cause we serve. That’s a bit the general feeling. It’s a good idea to work together and share players as long as it is done in a respectful way and the interview is not very respectful. Beerschot is a club that has returned from non league to first division thanks to its fans and they will always need to be respected in our view or problems will arise like with Duchâtelet at Charlton.

BTW PurpleRain , what are your thoughts on Tissoudali? I'm not thinking about anything for Sheff U, I'm talking generally? He came from Dutch division 2 which isn't a superb standard, but seems to have flourished in your attacking style.
Tissoudali is a bit of a mistery. He was mediocre in second division, only showed signs of talent occasionally but since he was given a new position as second striker he has turned into a very hot player. He needs to confirm this season but his current level is very high. People are comparing him to Mahrez who also played for Le Havre like Tissoudali. A bit exaggerated but he does have an incredible ability to turn opponents on a square meter.

It’s not the article quoted above that has caused upset, sorry for the confusion. Another article has been published on Thursday where bettis talks about the pyramide structure, using Beerschot as test case for own shirt production and other stuff like we are only there to serve his wishes. Not sure if that article has circulated here.

It’s not the article quoted above that has caused upset, sorry for the confusion. Another article has been published on Thursday where bettis talks about the pyramide structure, using Beerschot as test case for own shirt production and other stuff like we are only there to serve his wishes. Not sure if that article has circulated here.

I think I read it, it's in The Athletic.

To be honest, I wouldn't worry too much about it either way.

When we were last in the Premier League 12/13 years ago we had big ambitions of growing our global network.
We had Chengdu Blades in China, Ferencvaros in Hungary, Central Coast Mariners in Australia.... when we were relegated the whole thing fell apart.

It looks like we're heading for relegation again & I expect a very similar outcome to this little project that our board are running.

I think I read it, it's in The Athletic.

To be honest, I wouldn't worry too much about it either way.

When we were last in the Premier League 12/13 years ago we had big ambitions of growing our global network.
We had Chengdu Blades in China, Ferencvaros in Hungary, Central Coast Mariners in Australia.... when we were relegated the whole thing fell apart.

It looks like we're heading for relegation again & I expect a very similar outcome to this little project that our board are running.
Also not the outcome I am hoping for. I really believe it makes sense to have alliances if you do it in the right way with respect for the clubs and fans involved. Coulibaly is a perfect example, we enjoy the services of a top player for 1 or 2 seasons and by the time he can get a work permit you have a developed player coming in without extra fee. The current results seem already to put pressure on these things. Let’s hope the situation is turned around quickly, we can both benefit from cooperating.

Also not the outcome I am hoping for. I really believe it makes sense to have alliances if you do it in the right way with respect for the clubs and fans involved. Coulibaly is a perfect example, we enjoy the services of a top player for 1 or 2 seasons and by the time he can get a work permit you have a developed player coming in without extra fee. The current results seem already to put pressure on these things. Let’s hope the situation is turned around quickly, we can both benefit from cooperating.

Which elements of the article specifically seemed to annoy your fans?

Aren't a fair few clubs in Belgium now co/fully owned by clubs abroad? Smaller leagues are going to see a lot of this sort of thing going forward.

Which elements of the article specifically seemed to annoy your fans?
The pyramide aspect and the fact that players can be easily shifted between clubs from one day to another. It was also said 3 players from the third tier club in dubai would be moved to us. We have seen these things before and this is not the type of transfers we want. There is a lot in how you present things. Beerschot doesn’t have the fanbase that would accept a role in the shadow. We have a big history and are a sleeping giant in belgium. There are other clubs run in such fashion like cercle Brugge which is the reserve team of Monaco. Another example is the collaboration between OHl and Leicester but OHl is run quite independently, not 1 player has been taken by Leicester the last 3 years but they did have the scouting and know how about Belgian players as benefit and Leicester often loan players to OHl like Moore and Hirst, both were rather unsuccessful. They also found Ndidi in Belgium. There are various ways to collaborate.

According to Belgian newspapers, AC Milan has made an offer for him but idea still is to keep him. I suppose if the offer becomes too high he will not be much longer with us.

According to Belgian newspapers, AC Milan has made an offer for him but idea still is to keep him. I suppose if the offer becomes too high he will not be much longer with us.

Interesting.

We will probably sell him if the offer is high enough, we need to generate some cash from somewhere.

I wonder if he's eligible for the type of work permit that Brighton apparently wangled for Percy Tau the other day. I may have misread the brief summary of that scenario but it sounded like (at a glance) they found a clause or loophole.

I should Google this. Also I'm sure United know exactly what they're doing and if he's even ready to make any impact for Blades!

I wonder if he's eligible for the type of work permit that Brighton apparently wangled for Percy Tau the other day. I may have misread the brief summary of that scenario but it sounded like (at a glance) they found a clause or loophole.

I should Google this. Also I'm sure United know exactly what they're doing and if he's even ready to make any impact for Blades!
No he’s not ready for PL. If you see our last games you see 1) he has enormous talend but 2) he makes too many mistakes, losing balls in dangerous areas. Give this guy time to breed into one of the best midfielders in Belgian league (18 months or so) and then you have a 20 million euro type of player that is good enough for PL. I am sure that is also the plan of the owners unless a club like Milan would now already offer 20 million.

No he’s not ready for PL. If you see our last games you see 1) he has enormous talend but 2) he makes too many mistakes, losing balls in dangerous areas. Give this guy time to breed into one of the best midfielders in Belgian league (18 months or so) and then you have a 20 million euro type of player that is good enough for PL. I am sure that is also the plan of the owners unless a club like Milan would now already offer 20 million.

What about in the Championship next season?

What about in the Championship next season?

Exactly what I was thinking... not sure if you've seen the league table PurpleRain but our foray into the PL is due to expire this Summer. Knowing this club like I do, I don't envisage us being back for some time.

Back
Top Bottom