is this the end for billy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Billy-Sharp-858098.jpg

:rolleyes:

Somebody mentioned on shoutbox that we won't keep Sharp and Evans. No way Evans is going anywhere.

I love Billy and I think he was unlucky not to start tonight. The fact he didn't get on is a bad sign for him.

I don't believe for a minute that Evans is in any sense ahead of Bill in the pecking order, either currently or in the foreseeable. That would be just about the most illogical move that Wilder could possibly make.

Do by the exalt Riley playing too many games last season?

Like I say, do you think Tufty would stand for any of that nonsense?

I don't understand the 1st part of your post.

In reference to the 2nd part, my answer is 'probably not'. 'Probably' in this case having the usual meaning of 'almost certainly; as far as one knows or can tell'.

Two points I have reading this, if billy cannot get into the team how good we must be and whatever happened to in Wilder we trust? I suspect most who have opinions on this subject have said in Wilder...................

A bit of clear thinking is required here. Billy will be history soon as his career is on the wane due to his age and at some point will need replacing. Same thing applied to Wright and quite a few were getting over emotional at that too. Duffy will be next so the sentimental souls had better get preparing themselves for that. There's fuck all you can do about it, there's no way you can avoid the ageing process.

Once CW sees a better prospect they will be out as it is the way, ffs there's nothing strange going on and there's no conspiracy against these players.

Having said that there's time for a swansong yet from Billy and I'm disappointed Wilder didn't give him a run on Friday.

I will eat my own liver with a dessert spoon if we still have clarke, sharp, evans, brooks, lavery & donaldson on our books at the end of the transfer window. Unless CW is going to play 3 upfront. Throw in wilson, why would we need 7 forwards, albeit with different skill sets?

This has been done a million times before.

Rhodes is 5 years younger than Sharp and has scored more Championship goals than him.

Something has happened to Rhodes recently, Wednesday have ruined him and he seems to have lost all confidence but his record at this level is still outstanding.

Billy Sharp is my favourite player of all time but to suggest he's a much better player than Rhodes is just daft.

Rhodes has better stats over his career yes but based on recent form I would choose Billy every day over Rhodes. So on that basis Billy is a better player right now, past glories count for nothing when you suddenly can't hit a barn door. He has had chances created but he can't capitalise and to score goals at any decent level you need to be able to hold your nerve as much as you need skill. Rhodes has lost his bottle which makes him virtually useless at the moment. Will he get that back, perhaps?

This is purely speculation on my part, and only that.

But is it beyond the bounds of impossibility that the manager and he have had a bit of a falling out ?

That Wilder was making a very clear statement last night by not giving Sharp even 5 minutes pitch time ?

I do wonder !

As for answering the OP, dunno, but it just might be. Shame.

UTB

A bit of clear thinking is required here. Billy will be history soon as his career is on the wane due to his age and at some point will need replacing. Same thing applied to Wright and quite a few were getting over emotional at that too. Duffy will be next so the sentimental souls had better get preparing themselves for that. There's fuck all you can do about it, there's no way you can avoid the ageing process.

Once CW sees a better prospect they will be out as it is the way, ffs there's nothing strange going on and there's no conspiracy against these players.

Having said that there's time for a swansong yet from Billy and I'm disappointed Wilder didn't give him a run on Friday.

I think the difference being that people are noticing a slight drop off in sharp's performance level (for whatever reason) and perhaps hadn't seen that with wright.

For one of those balls across the box Wilson was about to smash it home but a United player (Stevens?) took it off his toe

But perhaps Sharp would have called “over” or “leave it” or “Billy’s” or whatever then touch and bang.

Reactions: Dkc
Funny what wonderful things players ‘would have done’ if they were on the pitch.

“Run out” and “game time” compete for the most meaningless phrases in football. Bladey Bill didn’t start because he didn’t deserve to. Our manager made the decision to bring Wilson on rather than fans favourite Sharp, so the Bladey Blades spout vitriol at the latter (who did just fine).

Now where have we seen this sort of nonsense before? Ah, yes the Shakey Jakies who still havent noticed how well Stears is playing because their boy isn’t gettinanygametime. Boo hoo.

Sentimentalist Claptrap.

This is purely speculation on my part, and only that.

But is it beyond the bounds of impossibility that the manager and he have had a bit of a falling out ?

That Wilder was making a very clear statement last night by not giving Sharp even 5 minutes pitch time ?

I do wonder !

As for answering the OP, dunno, but it just might be. Shame.

UTB
I like that badge in your avatar Dronnie. That's class, that is. Where is it from?

Billy has had good games this year. It's not like he's shown no ability at this level.

Not saying he's perfect and he goes missing some games. Still rather have him as an option. Just horses for courses

Funny what wonderful things players ‘would have done’ if they were on the pitch.

“Run out” and “game time” compete for the most meaningless phrases in football. Bladey Bill didn’t start because he didn’t deserve to. Our manager made the decision to bring Wilson on rather than fans favourite Sharp, so the Bladey Blades spout vitriol at the latter (who did just fine).

Now where have we seen this sort of nonsense before? Ah, yes the Shakey Jakies who still havent noticed how well Stears is playing because their boy isn’t gettinanygametime. Boo hoo.

Sentimentalist Claptrap.
Disagree with your assessment on Wilson. This is not a statement about him for the rest of the season, but in his 20/25 minutes yesterday, I thought he contributed virtually nothing.
I trust Wilder's judgement over mine, but I feel Donaldson is better when we play on the break and Sharp is better in a crowded box. The recent home games where Billy has not come on, I feel that his presence in the box could have been crucial. All what ifs, of course, and we don't see the players in training.
I think you got your latters and formers muddled in your post.:eek:

Due to our dip in form, sharp needs to be sacrificed. And when i say sacrificed i mean, full moon, alter, hooded priests, gold goblets and strange chants. The footballing gods need to be appeased and quickly.

Whether Sharp's on the wane or not (and he probably is, just), it was the wrong decision not to put him on last night.
I'm not sure whether I would have taken Donaldo off but if you were it had to be Sharp in those circumstances, particularly when he'd not played at Hillsborough either.
Wilder makes mistakes like everyone does and that was one last night.

Sentimentalist Claptrap.

He wouldn't get a mention if he had no United connections. He's a complete nonentity.

Bladey Bladey Claptrap. It never changes. Sack a manager with a proven record of success after less than a season and bring in a former Blade on the back of 15 years of not much.

Only in S2.....

It might be for silly Bladey Blades. The rest of the football community would look at his CV and beg to differ.

Nonentity. Fucking Bladey Bladey Nonentity. Read and learn.

Very bad decision not to bring him on. But does this mean everyone has to hate James Wilson now?

It's understandable that Billy's been out of the team due to Donaldson's performances and our need for the strikers to offer more in the absence of Coutts. But the substitution last night doesn't mean he's suddenly 4th choice, and I'm sure he'll start plenty more games this season. Next season though I don't see him getting games. But I hope he doesn't leave until at least summer 2019.

Very bad decision not to bring him on. But does this mean everyone has to hate James Wilson now?

Some of the stuff on Wilson on this thread has been embarrassing to read tbh. He didn’t have a particularly effective introduction and it wasn’t probably by itself the wrong change, but to suddenly write him off as being rubbish and unmotivated is utterly ridiculous.

I found it a bizarre change to bring Wilson on, over the years we’ve been forced to play loan players in Derby and some with great effect. Maybe Wilder had this in mind.

I’d have swapped Leon for Billy but then I’m not Wilder so what does it matter.

Back
Top Bottom