is this the end for billy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

tazzy

Living rent free in Cudgey head
Reaction score
not played much in last few weeks . And not even used tonight Wilson got the nod over him .Looked gutted walking off

I'm a bit critical of Billy but I thought today we needed him to play. He's not had a chance of playing against them this season and I think he totally deserved the chance. Could've done more damage than Wilson imo as he would've been more fired up than anyone else

It ain’t looking great for him at the moment, but things can quickly change.

A suspension or injury and he’s right back into contention.

think we needed him on just to offer something a bit different

Cya Billy. Sadly you are not appreciated by some at the club despite everything you have done. The fact that some no mark from Manchester can come in at the last minute without kicking a ball and get on the pitch ahead of you says it all really.

It is the end for him, yes.

I'm glad I stayed loyal to him anyway. All of those fucking borderline-Wednesdayite scrotes who want him gone have won.

Thank you Billy, for getting us this far. I hope you end your career at a club with decent fans. Shouldn't be too hard.

I was dissapointed not to see sharp have a go at the end tonight. Especially with them down to 10 men.

I think perhaps, after Bristol city, wilder decided to stick rather than twist.

not played much in last few weeks . And not even used tonight Wilson got the nod over him .Looked gutted walking off

I think he will still have a part to play.

Probably looked gutted because we didn't win. He will have wanted us to hammer them as much as the rest of us.

Somebody mentioned on shoutbox that we won't keep Sharp and Evans. No way Evans is going anywhere.

I love Billy and I think he was unlucky not to start tonight. The fact he didn't get on is a bad sign for him.

If he goes I'll be gutted but he deserves game time. He's a lot better than Rhodes

He’s done a terrific job for us but in the summer if we are serious about progressing over the next couple of seasons towards putting a team on the pitch who can realistically challenge for promotion to The Premier League we should be looking to replace both him and Donaldson for younger talent.

No one will ever take away from him this moment...

2nkqd1h.jpg

My eyes. Works harder, scores more.

This has been done a million times before.

Rhodes is 5 years younger than Sharp and has scored more Championship goals than him.

Something has happened to Rhodes recently, Wednesday have ruined him and he seems to have lost all confidence but his record at this level is still outstanding.

Billy Sharp is my favourite player of all time but to suggest he's a much better player than Rhodes is just daft.

I thought after Ipswich that he deserved a run out, he's been asked to play in positions which mean that he works for the team, but not for himself, thats fine but i think that last night having an extra striker of Billy's quality would've helped.

In all honesty, i think Wilder was nervous to change too much, so he slotted Wilson in and gave him his chance.

Perhaps changing Clarke out was a better option as Billy would give different movement.

Is it the end for Billy? I hope not and i doubt it... but perhaps this is the way the side is evolving.

Problem we have is that when sides sit in, we're now struggling to take chances and get in behind teams. Its up to us to find a way to do this.

Felt gutted for Billy last night. But not just him, the other new lads on the bench should have had a go as well. How many more
Lundstrum conversions did we need before someone else was brought on to have a go instead?

By the way I'm not moaning at Lundstrum for having a go, but his aim was woeful and he tired.

To bring on Wilson for Sharp was a big statement, he's basically 4th choice striker now.

Wilson was poor when he came on too. Looked a bit lost and lightweight. He’d replaced Donaldson though, who had another one of those games where he does nothing, he really does blow hot and cold. Would have loved to have seen Billy get on, but understand Wilder wanting to frighten Wednesday with some pace.

Cya Billy. Sadly you are not appreciated by some at the club despite everything you have done. The fact that some no mark from Manchester can come in at the last minute without kicking a ball and get on the pitch ahead of you says it all really.

Yeah he really is terrible that Chris Wilder, doesn’t appreciate Billy Sharp at all

For the rest of this year I think we'd be crazy to let him go.
This has been done a million times before.

Rhodes is 5 years younger than Sharp and has scored more Championship goals than him.

Something has happened to Rhodes recently, Wednesday have ruined him and he seems to have lost all confidence but his record at this level is still outstanding.

Billy Sharp is my favourite player of all time but to suggest he's a much better player than Rhodes is just daft.
All I can base this on is what I've seen. I think taking Rhodes over Sharp right now would be pandering to past performances at other clubs.

For a year Rhodes has been ineffectual. That's not a small sample size. Billy has been poor for about the same amount of time the whole team has this year.

He relies on service but when we were playing well he formed a reasonable partnership with Leon and it created goals (Leeds, Hull etc).

Now the rest of the team is struggling to create he looks like a passenger at times. Hence he's become the scapegoat. I think it's hasty to give up on him and it was foolish to keep him on the bench last night.

There were 2 balls last night knocked right across their 6-yard box & at the time we said “if Sharp’s on the pitch, they’re goals” ‘cos the space was there - just no player!
Now - not saying it has to be Billy BUT we need someone with his instinct in the box.

To answer the OP’s question, Billy had a run of poor games & for me rightly lost his place to Donaldo. He’s been a treat to watch but didn’t look too sparkling last night. Up to Billy then to impress Wilder in training so he gets another opportunity to strut his stuff.

Sadly though, with Wilson’s arrival & the likely ‘play him’ demands from Man U, it’s gonna be tough & we may not see many more starts from Billy.
Cameo’s from the bench? Maybe.

There were 2 balls last night knocked right across their 6-yard box & at the time we said “if Sharp’s on the pitch, they’re goals” ‘cos the space was there - just no player!
Now - not saying it has to be Billy BUT we need someone with his instinct in the box.

To answer the OP’s question, Billy had a run of poor games & for me rightly lost his place to Donaldo. He’s been a treat to watch but didn’t look too sparkling last night. Up to Billy then to impress Wilder in training so he gets another opportunity to strut his stuff.

Sadly though, with Wilson’s arrival & the likely ‘play him’ demands from Man U, it’s gonna be tough & we may not see many more starts from Billy.
Cameo’s from the bench? Maybe.

For one of those balls across the box Wilson was about to smash it home but a United player (Stevens?) took it off his toe

this wilson wil have to smash it.. i hope someone has told him that he is replacing a club legend.. glttl !
it was crying out for billy this game, ball ping ponging around.. i’d have taken leon off he wasn’t his best last night..
if nothing else bringing bill on would have lifted the fans

thought stevens was dreadful

Somebody mentioned on shoutbox that we won't keep Sharp and Evans. No way Evans is going anywhere.

I love Billy and I think he was unlucky not to start tonight. The fact he didn't get on is a bad sign for him.

If he goes I'll be gutted but he deserves game time. He's a lot better than Rhodes

We've got clarke, donaldson, hanson, sharp, evans, brooks, lavery on the books, and we've brought in wilson on loan. I get the feeling that if it works with wilson that he might be a full time signing or at least a season long loan next year. He's contracted at man utd until 2019 and they'll be looking of getting rid.

Hanson has gone out on loan and i suspect will be sold in the summer. Donaldson is on a one year, which may or may not be extended in the summer. As it stands he looks good value for money and probably worth a one year deal in the summer.

I would suspect that we've neither the moneh or the inclination to keep this many forwards at the club and taking brooks out of the equation, that 2 will go from sharp, evans and lavery in this transfer window. Either loan or permanent.

Wilson was poor when he came on too. Looked a bit lost and lightweight. He’d replaced Donaldson though, who had another one of those games where he does nothing, he really does blow hot and cold. Would have loved to have seen Billy get on, but understand Wilder wanting to frighten Wednesday with some pace.
He (the Don) nearly scored and drew the foul for the sending off.

Back
Top Bottom