Is Mousset nailed on....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Will Mousset become Sheffield United's all time top Premier League goal scorer?

• Yes

Votes: 152 79.2%
  • No

Votes: 40 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The money has ramped up, granted, but it's the same competition - the English top division. The top flight was popular on foreign TV before 1992. The big money only really started coming in in the late 90's / early 2000's, not 1992. It's likely that the competition would have become more popular regardless of the rebrand. I don't think you can say that we should recognise new records just because there is more money in the league.

Also, it hasn't always been called the Premier League. It used to be called the "Premiership". Do the years that it was called the Premiership count in the Premier League records?

If Formula One was rebranded as "Premier Vroom 2020" but had the same circuits, vehicle specs and points system, should we ignore the achievements of Hamilton, Shumacher etc?
I do already
F1 is so boring, these days.

He’s literally got everything. He’s 6ft, got pace to burn, he’s strong and powerful, technically gifted, but of flair, skill, an eye for goal and he’s a natural finisher

The only 2 things I’ve not seen much from him yet is heading (not had a free header yet in Fairness) and fitness levels. Though they are improving and it’s just knocks which are taking him off early.

I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say we have a potential £80mil striker on our hands here in this day and age.

Came on to post something similar as I’d just done the calculations myself. Lol

Obviously that rate can’t continue over the season but it shows how incredible he has been for us. A genuine spark with a touch of class, pace to burn and skill in abundance. He’s the difference maker and match winner that we need at this level

Bloody love him.

The money has ramped up, granted, but it's the same competition - the English top division. The top flight was popular on foreign TV before 1992. The big money only really started coming in in the late 90's / early 2000's, not 1992. It's likely that the competition would have become more popular regardless of the rebrand. I don't think you can say that we should recognise new records just because there is more money in the league.

Also, it hasn't always been called the Premier League. It used to be called the "Premiership". Do the years that it was called the Premiership count in the Premier League records?

If Formula One was rebranded as "Premier Vroom 2020" but had the same circuits, vehicle specs and points system, should we ignore the achievements of Hamilton, Shumacher etc?
I get what you’re saying but when I first started watching football the top division contained the best players in the British Isles. Now it contains many of the best in the world. There’s a big difference.

thing is some of our fans are expecting at least 2 x 20 per season goal scorers and very few teams get 2 getting 10 outside the glamour clubs
Deane got 15 but in 2 seasons
Mousset is getting far better service than Deane got as we naturally attack more, especially in away games
I will stick my neck out and if he stays injury-free he can get 15 to 18
think Mcburnie will get close to 10 with a run in the side
hope didsy gets 5 with our wing backs and midfielders adding to the totals

Back
Top Bottom