Is Mousset nailed on....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Will Mousset become Sheffield United's all time top Premier League goal scorer?

• Yes

Votes: 152 79.2%
  • No

Votes: 40 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bit of a depressing list ,some posters on here would do well to.read that as a reminder of how far over our weight we are punching
I think it’s more an illustration of how we have punched below our weight for so long. 6 seasons in the top flight since the mid-70s is a disgrace for a club of our size and completely at odds with the 90+ years that went before.

Last edited:
I think it’s more an illustration of how we have punched below our weight for so long. 5 seasons in the top flight since the mid-70s is a disgrace for a club of our size and completely at odds with the 90+ years that went before.
Shows you the importance of having decent strikers. Sold Deane - got relegated. Hulse got injured - got relegated. That's why we need to look after Mousset and try and get Didzy scoring...

Bit of a depressing list ,some posters on here would do well to.read that as a reminder of how far over our weight we are punching

Well don't look at that list if it depresses you.
Look back at some of our great players, playing in the top flight, in the hundred years before stats were wiped and people were brainwashed into thinking only the Premier League counts for anything.

From that list, Deane, Whitehouse and Hodges, in their prime, would be fantastic additions to our current squad.
As for the Moose, top overseas PL scorer before the end of the year, top overall by the end of the season.

He'll get 14 then we will sell him to Man united for £90m so I dont think so

Well since weve had 3 seasons in the prem its no surprise the list aint littered with greats but football wasnt invented in 1992

Our history didnt start in 1992.

Exactly. I find it depressing that so many people feel that we need to recognise new "records" for after a competition was given a name-change in the early 1990's. It disrespects the achievements of the players who broke records before the top flight of football was called the Premier League. It's a purely commercial decision to add "excitement" and "drama".

If he stays yes but if we get a £50 million offer for him in January then ................................

I thought this thread was about crucifying Moose...at the moment he is saving us but crucifying him would be taking the festive spirit too far

It wasn't just a name change though! The money has ramped up ever since the top league became the PL meaning the current competition is against world class quality opponents gracing every team....
Not the same pre PL methinks. Parking the history makes us look forwards and the future looks bright if we can keep the Wilder Knill package together.

If he stays yes but if we get a £50 million offer for him in January then ................................
Would you sell for 50m? Granted it's a fuck ton of cash, however you have to consider who you'd replace with and how much they'd cost.

For me he has everything, strength, good hold up play,can link, decent finisher.... He's bordering the perfect striker. Defenders just can't deal with him.

I think if he stays fit he will get close to Deano's tally.

That thread title had me racing to check whether we have a match on Good Friday this season...

It wasn't just a name change though! The money has ramped up ever since the top league became the PL meaning the current competition is against world class quality opponents gracing every team....
Not the same pre PL methinks. Parking the history makes us look forwards and the future looks bright if we can keep the Wilder Knill package together.

The money has ramped up, granted, but it's the same competition - the English top division. The top flight was popular on foreign TV before 1992. The big money only really started coming in in the late 90's / early 2000's, not 1992. It's likely that the competition would have become more popular regardless of the rebrand. I don't think you can say that we should recognise new records just because there is more money in the league.

Also, it hasn't always been called the Premier League. It used to be called the "Premiership". Do the years that it was called the Premiership count in the Premier League records?

If Formula One was rebranded as "Premier Vroom 2020" but had the same circuits, vehicle specs and points system, should we ignore the achievements of Hamilton, Shumacher etc?

Back
Top Bottom