Is CW taking the piss ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Don’t know why CW loves to create such a backs against the wall situation where he needs conflict all the time

This season it’s been we can’t compete we can’t compete etc (we did last season)

Now he’s angling for a fight with the Prince god knows why

The same Prince who flew half way across the world to make sure he was happy and to make sure he’d stay

You would think a manager who has overseen one of the worst premier league teams would be gracious to have a chairman who supports him no matter what

He needs to grow up and crack on with the job and maybe play the striker which he bought for £20+ Mill Mcburnie/Brewster should play every game from now on in preparation for next year

ive always been a big fan of chris wilder but think he needs to be very careful what hes saying in these interviews dont think it would take much for the prince to look to go in another direction but just wonder if he knows that maybe 3 or 4 top players will be going ?

I used to listen to wilders interviews and feel re- assured that we were going to turn it round. It used to be the perfect antidote to a shit result/performance and he used to get it right all the time.

I now haven’t listened to one in full for a long long time. They’ve started to piss me off in all honesty. His attitude has completely changed, he’s recently starting to accept some responsibility but it’s far too late and even now it only appears to be through gritted teeth.

The budgets of other teams didn’t seem to matter so much last season when we were troubling the European places. The final straw for me was after the Fulham game where he tried budgets on as an excuse. He constantly says he’s not going to mug us fans off, well with comments like that he is doing and more. Some of his excuses for his own failings this season have been a complete piss take.

We can talk about how much credit he’s got in the bank and all that but he’s had the easiest ride of any manager in our history. The national media pity us because they don’t give a shit about us. The local media pussy foot around the tougher subjects because they’re scared of asking the big questions and the bloke who does the club media has to wipe spunk off his chin at the end of each interview.

Things have gone against us that are out of our control but absolutely none of that was enough to cause such a catastrophic down turn in performance. We can talk about not having the financial backing to compete which is fine but the answer to that is to be much shrewder in the transfer market. If Wilder is holding firm on his philosophy of Brexit Blades then we can expect to massively over pay on almost every player we buy and ultimately end up worse off for it. Reading between the lines, that’s where the stand off is. The philosophy Wilder wants is clearly way out of the price range that the Prince is currently able to provide so we’re stuck between a rock and a hard place.

If Wilder wants to stay, then he’s probably going to have to accept that he’s going to keep missing out on his first choice targets unless he overhauls his transfer policy. He can’t keep stamping his feet and taking swipes at the board if the funds clearly aren’t available. It’s not the Prince’s fault if he doesn’t have the money, it’s not the Prince’s fault that Wilder is attempting to shop in one of the most expensive and least value for money markets in the world.
He has always mentioned the size and costs of other teams and said how remarkable our players are for trying to level the playing field against them so again stop telling lies. Go back and listen to the interviews, I am unsure why people are making things up on every thread.
His interviews at the minute are honest and you can see how disappointed and a little bemused he is over why it’s gone so badly wrong. If he was laughing all the way through every interview I’m sure you would be saying why is he so happy all the time is he enjoying this.
Every single interview is now being picked over by the vultures.

We've had as many seasons in the champ under CW as we have the PL. Does that not tell anyone how little time we've had to build a cpabale squad - the key word here being SQUAD. Our full strength 11 is extremely capable, the rest of the squad not so, and it takes time to build it. We've had to essentially build straight from a L1 to PL squad and unfortunately time has caught up with us. The prem adventure has been fantastic, but fuck me people are so ahead of themselves it's unreal, thanks to CW- yes CW - helping us to a 9th placed finish.

Had he not achieved this almost impossible feat he wouldn't be getting half the stick he is. A season in the Championship could potentially do us good and allow us to build a more solid and we'll rounded squad.

He has always mentioned the size and costs of other teams and said how remarkable our players are for trying to level the playing field against them so again stop telling lies. Go back and listen to the interviews, I am unsure why people are making things up on every thread.
His interviews at the minute are honest and you can see how disappointed and a little bemused he is over why it’s gone so badly wrong. If he was laughing all the way through every interview I’m sure you would be saying why is he so happy all the time is he enjoying this.
Every single interview is now being picked over by the vultures.

Read it again......he wasn’t using it as an excuse last year like he is every pissing week this season. So Fulham having such a bigger budget is a reason for us being so utterly inept against them is it?

If you think we are playing the same way as we were last season and the system is the same, you’re deluded. He’s so incredibly defensive on absolutely every little criticism it’s untrue. A bit like most of the militant Wilder defenders on here as it happens.

If you’re happy for him to reminisce about buying a bag of chips in Wrexham instead of addressing one of the most inept performances in his time as manager then so be it.

From watching other people though work etc, he's acting like someone who's trying to get the boss to sack him in my opinion. He wont walk because he will lose millions and if he does get the sack he can say it was because the Prince changed the plan. He seems to be planting those seeds now too.

I may be mistaken but didn't Adkins take the saints up to the PL in 2 seasons & then get sacked. he proved he could do it, but has proved very little since!
I don't know what you're saying. Are you saying that it makes no difference if a manager has previously proved himself? Sack anyone who has a bad 6 months completely regardless of what he's done in the past? If we got rid of Wilder and appointed someone who had no past achievements to his name, what do you think the reaction of the fans would be?

Read it again......he wasn’t using it as an excuse last year like he is every pissing week this season. So Fulham having such a bigger budget is a reason for us being so utterly inept against them is it?

If you think we are playing the same way as we were last season and the system is the same, you’re deluded. He’s so incredibly defensive on absolutely every little criticism it’s untrue. A bit like most of the militant Wilder defenders on here as it happens.

If you’re happy for him to reminisce about buying a bag of chips in Wrexham instead of addressing one of the most inept performances in his time as manager then so be it.
It wasn’t an excuse last year because we were winning that ma the only difference between his interviews now to then. What he was doing when he spoke about other teams budgets last year was tempering the fan base a little to not get carried away. We lapped it up then though.

There's a lot that goes on that we obviously don't know about - and neither should we. Wilder wanted Cash, Robinson and Wilson. We were blown out of the water with wage demands, so he stuck to his plan of buying players who might make it, but also demand much less wages. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. Yep, we've bought some duds, but this has to be balanced by the good signings we have made, and the proof in the pudding is we got to the PL and reaped all the associated financial rewards. Yep, it's gone tits up - but we always knew there was a fair chance of that happening. We have parachute payments and a wage bill more akin to a playoff Championship side rather than a mid table prem side.

Wilder has of course made mistakes, he's also make some cracking decisions. He'll do for me.
Perfectly said.

It wasn’t an excuse last year because we were winning that ma the only difference between his interviews now to then. What he was doing when he spoke about other teams budgets last year was tempering the fan base a little to not get carried away. We lapped it up then though.
Exactly, so if we were winning last season that’s obviously not the reason we can’t compete. Look at how we play this season compared to last season.

Last year Wilder talked and talked about how we had earned the right to play in the Premier League and that’s how we would approach games. That instilled so much confidence in the players and the fans but this season he’s flipped it right on its head. It’s almost as if he’s saying we are lucky to be here.

Somethings changed. Simple fact is we haven’t been good enough this season but why is that? We play in a different way, we don’t look confident, we used to have teams on the back foot a lot last season and take control of the midfield in a lot of games. Up until this season I genuinely believed Wilder was the most honest manager in the league but his stringent defence of the way we are playing this season and his constant suggestion that it’s fine margins (and yes it has been in some games but your really do make your own luck sometimes) is kind of disingenuous given that we can all clearly see we are playing with a completely different mentality this season.

Yes also forget about injuries and loss of form of key players and actually just the fact that we massively overachieved last season.
I don’t think any of that necessarily excuses being one of the worst sides in English footballing history. Yes we overachieved but not to the point we should be this far adrift, why should that be an excuse for completely overhauling the way we approach games?

Key players losing form, I take that point but also the manager has a responsibility to help those players get back on track. I think a lot of that loss of form was down to belief and confidence at the start of this season. It seems to me as though Wilder has lost belief and confidence in his own approach with the way he has set up this season. I don’t think he’s necessarily blameless in that regard.

Injuries again are a fair point but I’m pretty sure Wilder was aware of JOC’s knee issues in the summer, we’ve become increasingly unlucky over the course of the season with injuries but the damage was already done by then.

What's with this thing he does in every press conference these days. Read the card out as usual Chris, just insert this week's opponent. This time about Villa:

"They've spent £300 million over the last four or five seasons, they're a brilliant club with fabulous supporters."

Why mention how much they've spent unless you're looking for excuses or wanting to have a petulant dig at the Board? Why blow smoke up their fans' arses when they have just as many knuckledraggers as anyone else? Why is EVERY other club but ours a brilliant one? It's the same before every game and it's getting to be a right royal pain in the back passage.

I would much rather he said "I'll hold my hands up, I've fucked up this season, but with the Board's support we're going to regroup and have a right go next season and get THIS brilliant club back into the top flight again where we, and OUR fabulous supporters deserve to be".
I remember first season back in the Premier League when he told players not to be star struck and be swapping shirts with the opponents as we've every right to be here as much as them. I miss that Chris. Come on Chris I know the Hulk is in there somewhere. Awaken the beast.

Even if PA doesn't stick to the 'plan' CW won't walk/resign, he wouldn't get a pay off. I'm not saying money is his main motivation but it certainly plays a big role.

Very odd, uncomfortable PR today. Think he's lost it TBH and is about to cave in.

Cage fighter to mardy-arse does him no credit. Hope he comes back firing, and soon. The entire club needs a "re-set" to go again next season

I don't know what you're saying. Are you saying that it makes no difference if a manager has previously proved himself? Sack anyone who has a bad 6 months completely regardless of what he's done in the past? If we got rid of Wilder and appointed someone who had no past achievements to his name, what do you think the reaction of the fans would be?
6 months?

Chris has made some mistakes and so has the board. Brewster was a mistake so far but had the board offered more in the way of wages Watkins would have signed all the ones that didn’t sign probably would have it was the low premiership wages on offer .....can’t blame Wilder for that.
Wilder’s never gone back on his word but the Prince did remember
“Yes we will back Chris with two quality loan players in January”
He didn’t did he. The Prince spent no personal money he spent premiership sky bt money of around £100m
Maybe it’s the Prince who should put up or consider his position

Chris has made some mistakes and so has the board. Brewster was a mistake so far but had the board offered more in the way of wages Watkins would have signed all the ones that didn’t sign probably would have it was the low premiership wages on offer .....can’t blame Wilder for that.
He didn’t did he. The Prince spent no personal money he spent premiership sky bt money of around £100m

The Prince has backed Wilder and even strteched the budget for him. No blame attached to the owner IMO.

The owner can only pay what he can afford. Wilder has consistently said he wouldn’t put the club in financial difficulty. He can’t have it both ways, unless he’s been promised something he hasn’t got then he doesnt really have a leg to stand on imo. His insistence on buying British means he’s always going to need an owner with a bigger wallet than the Prince if he’s going to get his first choice players.

For me the aim has got to be to finish this season on as many points as possible. Then stick to the plan and go again next season and come straight back up.

The Prince has backed Wilder and even strteched the budget for him. No blame attached to the owner IMO.
You mean the budget Chris Wilder earned by getting the team into the Premier league. I would love to know how much the Prince has spent of his own money not just the money we earned for getting promotion. Do you actually think the Prince will be out of pocket given he bought the club for peanuts and has earned upwards of 350m in the last two years. Why is it we have to have someone to blame maybe just maybe blame should be apportioned between everyone at the club, board manager and players.

Yesterday he was saying he wants to stay and go again today he’s saying he might leave

He’s spent 20+ million on a striker he refuses to play and only played bogle half way through the season because he was forced too

If you want to leave CW then go ahead , yes he’s a legend and nothing will change but he has played a large part in this seasons royal fuck up

We wouldn’t accept a lot of the shit he spouts about the board/Prince if he was any other manager a board who have spent the most any board has ever spent by a long way

Back
Top Bottom