Is CW taking the piss ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FallowfieldBlade

The Names Blade Fallowfield Blade
Reaction score
Yesterday he was saying he wants to stay and go again today he’s saying he might leave

He’s spent 20+ million on a striker he refuses to play and only played bogle half way through the season because he was forced too

If you want to leave CW then go ahead , yes he’s a legend and nothing will change but he has played a large part in this seasons royal fuck up

We wouldn’t accept a lot of the shit he spouts about the board/Prince if he was any other manager a board who have spent the most any board has ever spent by a long way

I think he's earned the right to say these things. Yes, this season has turned out to be a pile of dog shit, but people should always remember that this pales into insignificance when we remember the pile of dog shit he took over in 2016. Be careful what you wish for folks........... Robson, Blackwell, Adams, Wilson, Weir, Clough, Adkins. 😳

Could do without him muddying the waters. We’ve got a good Championship squad and are in better nick than when he took over. We should be well up there next season. Even if he thinks it, it doesn’t help us if he says it IMHO.

Bold to go after a board who have backed him with 100m plus and vowed to stay by him even if we get relegated.

I can understand being frustrated and wanting to move forward and progress but we are coming off a season where we are probably going to lose about 30 of 38 games - that’s not all on the board tbh.

he retains my support but I don’t think this is the best way to go about things - I have to say.

Be careful what you wish for folks........... Robson, Blackwell, Adams, Wilson, Weir, Clough, Adkins. 😳

We shouldn't be counting our blessings. All of those were McCabe appointments.

All of them seemingly arrived with big aspirations and plans only to have the till shut on their fingers by Mister Meddler who short-sticked the squad and blamed every other fucker for the failures

Wilder was a McCabe appointee who lucked out on some canny catches and a decent work ethic, and when it came to fruition, McCabe was booted out. If Wilder isn't careful, no matter what badge-thumping, Bladey-Bladeyness we think he possesses, the management will dispose of him quicker than shit through a chicken. Flagging up demands right now when you've bought ineffective players and players you haven't utilised on top of a season of utter humiliating failure doth not enamour thineself to thine employers, nahdendeedarcunt. Might be best if he doesn't start stirring the pot, right now. We need Wilder and we need him to be humble and reflective and at the very least, win the playoffs next season with most of today's squad, and then on stay in the top flight for a decade, maybe two. That is the statements I'd like to hear from him now.

pommpey

All of them seemingly arrived with big aspirations and plans only to have the till shut on their fingers by Mister Meddler who short-sticked the squad and blamed every other fucker for the failures

Wilder was a McCabe appointee who lucked out on some canny catches and a decent work ethic, and when it came to fruition, McCabe was booted out. If Wilder isn't careful, no matter what badge-thumping, Bladey-Bladeyness we think he possesses, the management will dispose of him quicker than shit through a chicken. Flagging up demands right now when you've bought ineffective players and players you haven't utilised on top of a season of utter humiliating failure doth not enamour thineself to thine employers, nahdendeedarcunt. Might be best if he doesn't start stirring the pot, right now. We need Wilder and we need him to be humble and reflective and at the very least, win the playoffs next season with most of today's squad, and then on stay in the top flight for a decade, maybe two. That is the statements I'd like to hear from him now.

pommpey

I don't know if you've noticed but Wilder doesn't do humble.

He's like Warnock, but stealthier and a sleeve full of Jedi mind tricks

Yesterday he was saying he wants to stay and today he's saying he wants to stay. I think he wants to stay.
Reading between the lines he is blaming the board for something and is implying this is an issue. He shouldnt be airing this in public.

New contract ? Funds to spend ?Guarantee players only sold with his permission? We can only speculate

I don't know if you've noticed but Wilder doesn't do humble.

He's like Warnock, but stealthier and a sleeve full of Jedi mind tricks

I think after spending a fucking fortune on duds and sicknotes and us being held face down and browndicked by all and sundry this season it might be a time to rein in the conceit and look figuratively how in two seasons he can be back in the PL.

pommpey

Abit smoke and mirrorsish that comment?

The plan? What plan is that?

Maybe the board are quite rightly asking questions and seeing what can be done to rectify this clusterfuck of a season. And he doesn't like this.

All seems very vague.

Abit smoke and mirrorsish that comment?

The plan? What plan is that?

Maybe the board are quite rightly asking questions and seeing what can be done to rectify this clusterfuck of a season. And he doesn't like this.

All seems very vague.

It's his pride. He's stopped engaging his brain now in interviews and is running on pure emotion.

He needs to check himself before it all ends in tears for all concerned.

pommpey
There's a lot that goes on that we obviously don't know about - and neither should we. Wilder wanted Cash, Robinson and Wilson. We were blown out of the water with wage demands, so he stuck to his plan of buying players who might make it, but also demand much less wages. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. Yep, we've bought some duds, but this has to be balanced by the good signings we have made, and the proof in the pudding is we got to the PL and reaped all the associated financial rewards. Yep, it's gone tits up - but we always knew there was a fair chance of that happening. We have parachute payments and a wage bill more akin to a playoff Championship side rather than a mid table prem side.

Wilder has of course made mistakes, he's also make some cracking decisions. He'll do for me.

There's a lot that goes on that we obviously don't know about - and neither should we. Wilder wanted Cash, Robinson and Wilson. We were blown out of the water with wage demands, so he stuck to his plan of buying players who might make it, but also demand much less wages. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. Yep, we've bought some duds, but this has to be balanced by the good signings we have made, and the proof in the pudding is we got to the PL and reaped all the associated financial rewards. Yep, it's gone tits up - but we always knew there was a fair chance of that happening. We have parachute payments and a wage bill more akin to a playoff Championship side rather than a mid table prem side.

Wilder has of course made mistakes, he's also make some cracking decisions. He'll do for me.
Pretty much bang on and there isn’t a point there that can be argued with.

He answered don't know to a question he doesn't know the answer to, because it's not all in his control. He's already said that we won't sell players unless it makes financial sense, so we at least know the overall plan is to keep the squad together and make a major push to win promotion straight away. If that happens then he wants to stay. If players get sold from under him and / or we're in the bottom regions of the Championship next season, then his future may not be at the club.

Why do people need to read all sorts of stuff into fairly obvious comments?

Whatever Wilder's many strengths, public speaking is not one of them. There's a danger we might be reading too much into what, in the end, may be nothing more than one or two clumsily phrased moments in a routine presser, on a day when he's woken up tired and downbeat--especially if rumours about a death / serious illness in the family are true.

My guess is that Wilder's playing mind games with the board - to a degree at least. He's using his position of power to force conversations about the future, in whatever regard Wilder wants to discuss, which don't seem to be happening from Wilder's perspective. He's dome similar things before also. As fans it's frustrating as we get dragged through the emotional mill with it, but it seems from the Prince's end that he wants Wilder to stay as he's said more than once.

Chris Wilder drops bombshell over Sheffield United future amid boardroom tensions​

Blades boss Chris Wilder has hinted at tensions with owner Prince Abdullah over the club's path following their inevitable relegation to the Championship
Daily Mirror

What's with this thing he does in every press conference these days. Read the card out as usual Chris, just insert this week's opponent. This time about Villa:

"They've spent £300 million over the last four or five seasons, they're a brilliant club with fabulous supporters."

Why mention how much they've spent unless you're looking for excuses or wanting to have a petulant dig at the Board? Why blow smoke up their fans' arses when they have just as many knuckledraggers as anyone else? Why is EVERY other club but ours a brilliant one? It's the same before every game and it's getting to be a right royal pain in the back passage.

I would much rather he said "I'll hold my hands up, I've fucked up this season, but with the Board's support we're going to regroup and have a right go next season and get THIS brilliant club back into the top flight again where we, and OUR fabulous supporters deserve to be".

The only wage bill comparable with ours in the Premier League is West Brom's and they're only ahead of us courtesy of a fortunate win against us, therein lies a story.

When we were promoted the Prince had to spend £50m of our new found riches on purchasing the real estate connected to the club and baulked at buying the two pieces that he was not obliged to. (a massive mistake for the long term in my book but driven by his lack of cash). We also had to spend a lot of money, by our standards, on bringing the ground up to Premier League standards.

Because of this we have already had to borrow against future income in order to meet our present running costs/improvement plans and the wages we can offer are at the top end of what we can afford but are not competitive in Premier league terms.

I think that the next nearest team to us in terms of wage bill is Burnley and their wage bill is 30% bigger than ours and Fulham's is almost double ours but they're (Fulham) not exactly covering themselves in glory.

By way of contrast Leeds had none of these extra costs and I have heard that Cellino (sp?) has pumped an additional £45m into the club, a situation that we can only dream of.

As far as I'm concerned, it is what it is.

Wilder has done a good job with the resources available within a plan that is potentially sustainable for the longer term, and P.A knows this or Wilder would have been sacked long ago.

Wilder is encouraging the Prince to stick with this model and go again next year, and is going public because he knows that sales in the summer inevitable and he wants to make sure that he has a say in managing those.

Wilder didn't get his January targets and I think he knows why not so I don't think that there is any conflict between board and management at the moment and Wilder is simply trying to set the agenda for the meetings when next season's plan does come up for discussion.

Again, in my view that sort of discussion shouldn't take place until after relegation is confirmed, which it sadly will be, because it is pointless to plan extensively for something that MAY not happen no matter how likely it may be.

What happens in the summer will be crucial for us going forward but if I was Chris Wilder I'd be a bit careful about putting too much out in the public domain, as I'm sure he is being, because the Prince holds the purse strings and does the hiring and firing.

"If we stick to the plan, I want to stay". Seems fairly clear.

What he can't say is if he's happy with how that plan might change. He can't say he'll want to stay, no matter what the chairman does. No manager will say that.

My guess is that the present risk is that they want a DOF, given this season's transfer failings. Wilde won't accept that.

Back
Top Bottom