Injuries

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FFS FFS FFS

Unbelievable Jeff ! I know he’s only just trying to get into the side but this illustrates the last 2 seasons,injury after injury,no settled side like Boro,Burnley etc at all especially this season,players coming back from injury then expected to play 2/3 matches,aging squad and can’t deal with intensity any more,make no wonder we are tailing off. I certainly won’t leave heckys tactics out of the equation either. Need a second wind quick or else it’s the play offs.

Bad news about Brooks. Anyone heard anything about Osula? Been out for a l-o-n-g time for a broken jaw.
Presume it was unexpectedly bad or maybe the sniper got him when he walked out of the hospital?!

Bad news about Brooks. Anyone heard anything about Osula? Been out for a l-o-n-g time for a broken jaw.
Presume it was unexpectedly bad or maybe the sniper got him when he walked out of the hospital?!
I think jaws take a fair while to heal. Google tells me 4-8 weeks but it's probably more if you're playing a contact sport.

McAtee had cramp. He’ll be fine. Jebbo felt something after that tackle, he’s not been on the grass today. Enda on the grass today doing a full session which is good.

I get the feeling we may not see the top 3 again this season.

Yeah it doesn't look like they're going to make it back at this stage.

It's a really congested fixture list come April too, hard to see us dropping Brewster or RND into that.

Osborn - hamstring? It's tended to be a minimum of six weeks with everybody else. So, again, you'd assume that's that.

I get the feeling we may not see the top 3 again this season.

It's a really congested fixture list come April too, hard to see us dropping Brewster or RND into that.

Osborn - hamstring? It's tended to be a minimum of six weeks with everybody else. So, again, you'd assume that's that.
Based on what ?

Osborn I'd say is a slim chance but most likely we won't see him again.

weve got clark who can come in at lcb with robbo moving to lwb if nobody else to cover lowe but also think bogle or baldock could fill in at lwb

You are aware how long there is left in the season?
9 Games
2 months

Back to my original question
What do you base your assumption that we won't see beewster rnd or osborn again this season ? Other than it being the most negative view available ?

9 Games
2 months

What do you base your assumption that we won't see beewster rnd or osborn again this season ? Other than it being the most negative view available ?

Osborn has a hamstring injury. They've tended to be a minimum of six weeks all season.
The sample size is huge. Hard to remember anybody coming back any quicker than that.
Six weeks from now, season's over(ish).

Brewster was last seen on crutches a week or so ago. Not a great sign.
RND we've seen little of.

Usually there's a period of being "back on the grass," before two / three weeks later starting to kick balls, make an appearance with the youngsters before eventually being back in the fold from the bench...
It's hard to see these guys, after so long (6/7 months), dropping into our busiest period of such important fixtures.
Just doesn't seem feasible that they're going to be up to speed in time to contribute.

You comment that it's "the most negative view possible," but I'd been predicting a March comeback for them since their injuries...

9 Games
2 months

Clark got a hamstring injury in August and didn't come back til October.

Berge out in September didn't come back to til November (I could throw in the additional time he got to recover of the world cup but I wont)

Also worth noting a number of injuries we have had have been met with setbacks as well.

Sorry Frank but with this one its hard to put a good spin on the injury record this season or last.

Osborn has a hamstring injury. They've tended to be a minimum of six weeks all season.
The sample size is huge. Hard to remember anybody coming back any quicker than that.
Six weeks from now, season's over(ish).

Brewster was last seen on crutches a week or so ago. Not a great sign.
RND we've seen little of.

Usually there's a period of being "back on the grass," before two / three weeks later starting to kick balls, make an appearance with the youngsters before eventually being back in the fold from the bench...
It's hard to see these guys, after so long (6/7 months), dropping into our busiest period of such important fixtures.
Just doesn't seem feasible that they're going to be up to speed in time to contribute.

You comment that it's "the most negative view possible," but I'd been predicting a March comeback for them since their injuries...
See wasn't hard was it ?

weve got clark who can come in at lcb with robbo moving to lwb if nobody else to cover lowe but also think bogle or baldock could fill in at lwb
Surprised that Clark hasn't had any minutes off the bench in recent games ... Then again , we know his hamstring will go again soon after he returns.
He's hardly been available for us.
How do we choose the players we acquire ?
Evidence of dodgy hamstrings ?
Brewster
RND
Clark
Osborn
Stevens
Baldock
Probably others who escape my memory.
Or is it poor conditioning ?

FFS FFS FFS

It’s very likely I’m reading into something that isn’t even there. But what relevance is the comment about where they were training?

Is it a subtle dig about the state of the training pitch or is it just coincidence and it tied in with snow or something?

Back
Top Bottom