Injuries

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

JOCs injury goes back to his childhood
God the man was a ledge playing all those years with no ACL' s. I mean what kind of pain threshold could he tolerate. I suppose it's no surprise he had to take a time out after playing through that pain barrier.

God the man was a ledge playing all those years with no ACL' s. I mean what kind of pain threshold could he tolerate. I suppose it's no surprise he had to take a time out after playing through that pain barrier.

It could be worse he could be me.... 3 attempts on the path (blue lorry,white Toyota,learner driver). Near miss on the path by a black taxi.16 near misses on the road -usually doing 100mph in 30 zones. (bus X2) 1 works van,1 white van man. People doing gun signs in white vans x3. That's just what I have seen and from the last year or so.

I apologise if this upsets you,just thought I would publish the data. What would you do in my situation Frank?

It could be worse he could be me.... 3 attempts on the path (blue lorry,white Toyota,learner driver). Near miss on the path by a black taxi.16 near misses on the road -usually doing 100mph in 30 zones. (bus X2) 1 works van,1 white van man. People doing gun signs in white vans x3. That's just what I have seen and from the last year or so.

I apologise if this upsets you,just thought I would publish the data. What would you do in my situation Frank?
What on earth are you talking about ?

Most of the articles about it don’t give any real insight to what the injury actually is but I found the star article below which refers to it as an issue that has affected him most of his career.

I was told that it’s an issue dating back to his childhood and he’s been able to play through it but something happened which I assume was the collision with Henderson and he was told he needed to take action to address it or retire

3A725493-7C88-484A-8F7C-D257AEF558B7.jpeg

Stay in bed

So in the presser he's said Bogle, Lowe, Berge and Doyle have been back training, McBurnie's 'done a bit today' as has Ndiaye....he then added Anel's back training too.

Too easy to read far too much into it (and I look forward to pages worth doing just that) but looks like Bogle, Lowe, Sander and Doyle are back, maybe a bit early for McBurnie and Anel? I don't see why Ndiaye would be back training today if he wasn't playing on Saturday too.

So in the presser he's said Bogle, Lowe, Berge and Doyle have been back training, McBurnie's 'done a bit today' as has Ndiaye....he then added Anel's back training too.

Too easy to read far too much into it (and I look forward to pages worth doing just that) but looks like Bogle, Lowe, Sander and Doyle are back, maybe a bit early for McBurnie and Anel? I don't see why Ndiaye would be back training today if he wasn't playing on Saturday too.
Presumably none of them are ready to start though. Maybe Anel and Doyle but not the others

Ndiaye has played less football at the WC than he would have had with us had the WC not been on.

Ndiaye even asked to come back to training on Tuesday. 😄

Ndiaye has played less football at the WC than he would have had with us had the WC not been on.

Ndiaye even asked to come back to training on Tuesday. 😄

In his thermals presumably? South Yorkshire will be a shock to the system after the middle east! 😄

Evening all,

It's been a while.

Good news - Bogle, Lowe, Berge, Doyle, Anel, Robinson & McBurnie have all returned to training, though I have a feeling the latter three may be rested for the weekend (certainly McBurnie).
Other than Robinson (and with RND out long-term) I think all of these players make our best XI so they will provide a huge boost to us over the festive period. The World Cup break should prove to be huge for us.

Bad news - its been confirmed that Brewster & RND required surgery on their hamstring injuries.
A Welsh journalist suggested that RND would be "at least another 10 weeks away," whilst PH confirmed Brewster would be a similar timescale to RND.
John Fleck suffered a setback to his recovery with scans showing further fluid build-ups around his knock. Given how long it takes Fleck to get going (even at the best of times) I think it's vital that we bring somebody in to cover that area. Personally, I like the look of Barlaser at Rotherham. Out of contract in the Summer, attracting interest from Middlesbrough.
I've also included George Baldock in the list below as before the break PH mentioned that he had been playing through the pain barrier and he hasn't been spotted in football training in any of the clubs media releases.
Lastly, there'd been some optimism around O'Connell's return with an ITK poster on here suggesting he would be going out on loan in January to League 1. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be any evidence of him getting any nearer to a return to footballing action.

T Doyle - 10th December 2022 - calf injury

J Bogle - 10th December 2022 (2 months) - minor knee operation

M Lowe - 10th December 2022 (3 months) - hamstring

S Berge - 10th December 2022 (3 months) - ankle ligaments

A Ahmedhodzic - 10th December 2022 (6 weeks) - glandular fever

O McBurnie - 19th December 2022 - ankle ligaments / hernia op

G Baldock - 19th December 2022 - hamstring

J Robinson - 19th December 2022 (6 weeks) - hamstring

D Jebbison - January 2023 (3 months) - ankle ligaments

I Coulibaly - January 2023 (5 months) - knee ligaments

J Fleck - January 2023 - knock to leg (2 months)

R Brewster - March 2023 (5 months) - hamstring surgery

R Norrington-Davies - March 2023 (5 months) - hamstring surgery

J O'Connell - unlikely to return (2.5 years+) - knee

Back
Top Bottom