In January....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I was thinking about Tom Davies from Everton. Box to box midfielder, probably more attacking. He is still young and has quite a bit of experience for his age. Everton are always one new manager away from spending £100 million on his position and he could slip down the pecking order. Alternatively, they’re gonna sack Silva really soon and the new manager might not fancy him, or there’s rumours it’s gonna be Luis Boa Morte so there’s a very high chance this could be the year they finally get relegated. I think most of their players are absolute chancers and don’t give a fuck, but I don’t put Davies into that bracket.

I don’t question his ability to score goals
I question his theatrics , I watched Fulham twice this season and when he wasn’t diving ( cheating) the sort of things people on here moan about Jack grealish for doing
I saw him rolling around claiming a player had stomped on his head , when the player wasn’t even near him
Almost on par with Mcburnie's theatrical dive v wolves yesterday.

Priorities should/will be an additional central midfielder and another striker with the emphasis on quality over quality i.e. players that will come in and immediately push for a start. Hendrick would probably have been towards the top of the list until he started playing regularly for Burnley. I'm sure Watkins is also a favourite although it will be very difficult to get him out of Brentford in Jan.

Talk of Ivan Toney, Danny Ward and particularly Danny Welbeck is, with respect, someway off what CW will be looking for.

We need another Didzy type. We can't expect McBurnie to play the way McGoldrick does and it feels like too much changes when he goes off the pitch. Not too bad if we're winning, but if we're chasing the game or trying to get a winning goal it seems less likely to happen if Didzy isn't on.

My knowledge of other clubs' players is limited at best, so I've no idea who's around who could play that role.

Anyone think Eze at QPR could be moulded into a long term Didzy replacement?

Watched him the other day, similarly difficult to get off the ball, and runs well with it. Would be a midfielder playing higher up rather than a striker dropping deep but could work.

Probably need to spend a fair wedge though, but QPR need money so who knows.

Well we already have the big lad in the box and that's not working too well just now, so we need the fox maybe, but what is for sure is who ever he is it will be "WHO !!!!! ?...…….;)

Almost on par with Mcburnie's theatrical dive v wolves yesterday.

Mousset’s was better in the first half. Got away from the defender but then did a comedy fall with a dive thrown in for effect. I blushed for him.

Ihiekwe from Millers. Useful back up defender and scores a few goals.

N’Ketiah from Arsenal. That “football genius” Bielsa can’t do owt wi him. But our Chrissie would.

In fairness it was taken out and tried to stay on his feet.

He did exaggerate the dive a tad though.

When they showed the replay I was laughing my head off, proper comedy little dive. Yes he was taken out but it was Basham-esque in its execution.

I'd better qualify this comment with "he was our best attacker and he scored and he's god" otherwise I'll be accused of heresy.

I'd phone Jerome Sinclair, Martin Waghorn, Devante Cole & tell em all to bollocks.

Then i'd sign Eze from QPR, make an eleborate bid for Mitrovic, a loan bid for Foden and put in £20m bid for Henderson.

I'd phone Jerome Sinclair, Martin Waghorn, Devante Cole & tell em all to bollocks.

Then i'd sign Eze from QPR, make an eleborate bid for Mitrovic, a loan bid for Foden and put in £20m bid for Henderson.
Eze is wanted by Chelsea and Spurs....think if we had a bid accepted for him, there'd be a load follow suit.

As others have said. Eze will be going higher up the food chain unfortunately.

Here's some i'd like to see:

Bowen (Hull)
Rodon (Swansea)
Gray (Watford)
Benrahma & Watkins (Brentford)

We need a CM to challenge though as I fear we are very light if Norwood, Fleck or Lundstram got injured long term.

Jerome Sinclair and Devante Cole situations was a tad different. Agents screwed them both over.

Devante is the fortunate one of the pair though as he's playing in the Premiership now.

Back
Top Bottom