In January....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Unless we’re on 40 points by the end of the JTW, that would be a foolish idea. Fortunately CW will remember vividly the post-Arsenal complacency of the Warnock season.
Wasn't my idea.

I'm sure I read a quote along those lines somewhere from a chap called Chris Wilder.

Can't be arsed searching to try and find it again though.

Wasn't my idea.

I'm sure I read a quote along those lines somewhere from a chap called Chris Wilder.

Can't be arsed searching to try and find it again though.
I thought he said ‘if we were near the bottom I’d be saying “keep your money in your pocket”’. But I don’t pay much attention to what Wilder says about transfers because he’s actually intelligent enough to keep his cards very close to his chest and isn’t the village idiot some seem to think he is when they take his every word literally.

Anyone think Eze at QPR could be moulded into a long term Didzy replacement?

Watched him the other day, similarly difficult to get off the ball, and runs well with it. Would be a midfielder playing higher up rather than a striker dropping deep but could work.

Probably need to spend a fair wedge though, but QPR need money so who knows.
Only a matter of time before Eze makes the top flight. Won’t be with QPR though...he’s totally wasted there.

Haha I get what you're saying but surely it would be better to not play for Utd than not play for Stoke.

However, being honest he's not Prem class so a move for him last summer was probably what he needed to do - it's just a shame it hasn't worked out for him. He'll be back in L1 this time next year.

Look, I understand that Duffy has burned his bridges here & will probably never play for us again, but to say he isn't good enough is frankly ridiculous. That was labelled at quite a few of our players before the season kicked off but look at them now, everyone has stepped up & is earning a shirt on merit, so I am pretty sure that as one of our most gifted players Duffy would have looked superb in our line up. Think what you like about his mental self destruction (in Wilder's eyes), but you cannot knock his skill set.

We should be looking at Europe really. If Moose and Mahrez came from Le Havre, see who else they have in that division.

Championship teams want to be Premier League teams and will ask for PL fees unless they really need the money.
France is a rich vein of talent

The problem with scouting in France, is that it's a saturated market. Every man and their dog knows that France is a hot-bed of talent, so tons of clubs send scouts there. This increases competition for players, thus driving up prices. If we're looking for value for money, we'd be better off looking elsewhere.

If we're as comfortable as you hope we will spend nowt in Jan because we won't need to.
Maybe I should have put "IF" in capital letters - I'm a Blade and therefore a natural pessimist so I fully expect us to drop a few places before Jan.
There's a lot of games over Xmas and I don't expect to see our preferred starting 11 in all of them owing to suspensions and injuries.
It will be a real test of the strength/depth of our squad. Wherever we find ourselves in Jan we will need to reinforce to some extent, I just think the league position will dictate which market we are shopping in and who we are capable of attracting to the club

So let look at this from Chris wilder's point of view..... He must still think the Fringe players have what it takes to play in the premier league otherwise he wouldn't have bought them in the first place...... So we have a bench full biting at the bit to get there chance...... We have been very fortunate with so many from last season not only stepping up but looking like top end premier league players....... So looking at the starting 11 and the bench we are going to have to spend mega money to sign anyone with a chance to break straight into this starting 11.......get rid of the wage thief's mmove them on or pay them up sign one or two up and comming lower league players with the money made from these

Is there any players from the prem sides below us that we'd like to and realistically be be able to sign? It's a far cry from when we were cherry picking the best of league one 😂 I like the look of the lad Cantwell from Noridge

is it Noel’s lad? Ex Baggies player?

Robert Zulj from Hoffenheim
striker or attack midfield. £2 million

Luca Waldschmidt 23 Freiburg
Striker. £6/£10 million

So let look at this from Chris wilder's point of view..... He must still think the Fringe players have what it takes to play in the premier league otherwise he wouldn't have bought them in the first place...... So we have a bench full biting at the bit to get there chance...... We have been very fortunate with so many from last season not only stepping up but looking like top end premier league players....... So looking at the starting 11 and the bench we are going to have to spend mega money to sign anyone with a chance to break straight into this starting 11.......get rid of the wage thief's mmove them on or pay them up sign one or two up and comming lower league players with the money made from these
In the summer we were expected by most to be in or around the relegation zone, therefore we could only attract "fringe" who were at this level and happy with the likelihood of playing at Championship level next season .
If it looks likely that we'll stay up, we've got a certain amount of revenue we can expect to receive next year, and we'll be able to attract players one level up from those of a team in a relegation battle with the likely offer of Premier League football again next year as an incentive. We've got to take these opportunities when they present themselves and try to consolidate our position.
This team is developing so fast that it has often outpaced the rate of our recruitment - we've continually exceeded expectations since gaining promotion from League One.

Balotelli been told he can leave for free in January. I would take him.

In the summer we were expected by most to be in or around the relegation zone, therefore we could only attract "fringe" who were at this level and happy with the likelihood of playing at Championship level next season .
If it looks likely that we'll stay up, we've got a certain amount of revenue we can expect to receive next year, and we'll be able to attract players one level up from those of a team in a relegation battle with the likely offer of Premier League football again next year as an incentive. We've got to take these opportunities when they present themselves and try to consolidate our position.
This team is developing so fast that it has often outpaced the rate of our recruitment - we've continually exceeded expectations since gaining promotion from League One.
The biggest problems with that are we might not actually be safe by the end of the JTW and then you’re gambling on the club’s future by spending money we might not get.
Most clubs don’t sell their best players in the JTW. For example why would Leeds sell Phillips or West Brom sell Sawyers when it could cost them promotion?
If we did spend next year’s money on players in the JTW, we wouldn’t have as much to spend in the summer, which is when you can sign decent players.
We’d have to pay interest on the money we’d borrowed until we received next year’s payments which would make the deals even worse value for money.
So, I can’t see us spending huge amounts in the JTW, just plugging obvious gaps like cover for Bash and Lundstram and any gaps that become apparent over the next month when we’ll probably have to use some of the squad players.

The biggest problems with that are we might not actually be safe by the end of the JTW and then you’re gambling on the club’s future by spending money we might not get.
Most clubs don’t sell their best players in the JTW. For example why would Leeds sell Phillips or West Brom sell Sawyers when it could cost them promotion?
If we did spend next year’s money on players in the JTW, we wouldn’t have as much to spend in the summer, which is when you can sign decent players.
We’d have to pay interest on the money we’d borrowed until we received next year’s payments which would make the deals even worse value for money.
So, I can’t see us spending huge amounts in the JTW, just plugging obvious gaps like cover for Bash and Lundstram and any gaps that become apparent over the next month when we’ll probably have to use some of the squad players.

We aren't spending big money in the window the Prince is keeping the purse strings tight... We will only sign if players are sold or if we sign a player on loan or frees

We aren't spending big money in the window the Prince is keeping the purse strings tight... We will only sign if players are sold or if we sign a player on loan or frees
I had to check what year your post was from...
You're actually being serious?

We shall see in a few weeks won't we..... So how much do you reckon we are going to spend in the window
It depends, but if we don't spend massive amounts it's not necessarily down to the Prince.
Wilder will bring out the old 'value for money' quotes, and in January there seems to be very few.
Fulham spent big on Mitrovic one january and it massively paid off but what club wants to lose their better players at such a crucial time.

Leeds wont be falling apart for another month to two so players like Phillips must be a write off until the Summer.

It's also down to moral, Wilder will have his targets already and he wont sign anyone for the sake of it that might rock the boat.
Some of his targets might be clambering for a move if they aren't getting game time (but from bigger clubs thats more likely to be a loan) while others might be playing well and their values might sky rocket with their club hiking up their value ie Watkins.

It depends, but if we don't spend massive amounts it's not necessarily down to the Prince.
Wilder will bring out the old 'value for money' quotes, and in January there seems to be very few.
Fulham spent big on Mitrovic one january and it massively paid off but what club wants to lose their better players at such a crucial time.

Leeds wont be falling apart for another month to two so players like Phillips must be a write off until the Summer.

It's also down to moral, Wilder will have his targets already and he wont sign anyone for the sake of it that might rock the boat.
Some of his targets might be clambering for a move if they aren't getting game time (but from bigger clubs thats more likely to be a loan) while others might be playing well and their values might sky rocket with their club hiking up their value ie Watkins.

Are you Boris Johnston..... Say a number because you haven't stated anything in the last post

If players aren't getting game time at there clubs now they aren't going to get much game here unless you know wwe are after someone who will walk into the side

Are you Boris Johnston..... Say a number because you haven't stated anything in the last post

If players aren't getting game time at there clubs now they aren't going to get much game here unless you know wwe are after someone who will walk into the side
What's Vince McMahon got to do with it?

No I'm Corbyn and if you're right I will give you free wifi, a pukka Pie for life, and you get to be Captain Blade for the match of your choice.

I don't frikin know what we will spend!? I'm just saying 1) you don't either and 2) even if it's not much, it's not necessarily because of the Prince.

Corbyn...... Must be a old fart then lol.... Chris isn't going to buy anyone who isn't going to improve the team bench full of players we signed in the summer that are back up.. So no point going down that Rd
Again in jan when they will be more expensive

Back
Top Bottom