Imagine if the pen hadn't been given

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

"Hecky aaaaht"
"Peak SUFC luck right there"
"Prem= corrupt"
"Might watch the pigs from now on, at least when they fuck up it's entertaining"
"Get Fallowfield in, maybe he had a point after all"

A spozzy pen in the 100th minute can lift anyone's spirits!
Lots of Wolves fans like that after.

Never been a penalty either 😂

Ref saved him! Better to be lucky than good.

Let’s enjoy it.

First half poor, second half much better. Mcatee changed the game. I don’t think you could take anything away from the players today even if we’d drawn.
We also started playing high energy high press (presumably on Hecky’s half time instructions) and, for the first time, the premier league opposition weren’t good enough to pass it through us at walking pace like we’re not there.

There were three decent pen shouts.

Just remember how Egan sliding and having his arm cushion his fall was supposedly unnatural.

So if that’s the bar, then we should have had 2 if not 3.
This is true, the earlier one on the floor with arm up looked more of a penalty but they can't give three decisions against us!

Get Fallowfield in, maybe he had a point after all"

It’s never, ever that desperate.
There's a certain poster on here, no names to be mentioned, that doesn't rate Hecky one bit. That also doesn't rate Norwood either.
I bet he's devastated we won tonight.

No prizes for working out who he is.

This is true, the earlier one on the floor with arm up looked more of a penalty but they can't give three decisions against us!
Definitely. Looked an absolute save by the defender, just stuck his arm up and blocked it. Whether he did it intentionally or not, his arm was up and blocked a goal-ward shot.

Was it you who I heard walking down Shoreham Street after the game DifferentClass ? 🤣 🤣

"Why've we given it Norwood?! if he'd missed, the twat!"

Aye, it'd have been shit had he spun round and belted it over Wes into his own net too! 🤷‍♂️

Looking at the stats and trying to remember we didn't really challenge their keeper that much so a last minute pen does cover that up somewhat but the confidence boost from this is huge.

I've never heard anyone think of the 4th quote after a defeat

Definitely. Looked an absolute save by the defender, just stuck his arm up and blocked it. Whether he did it intentionally or not, his arm was up and blocked a goal-ward shot.
For the first time in history only one VAR camera angle (the worst) was working..

It was a risky penalty technique it had the chance of knocking Simmo’s ball out of orbit instead it nearly broke the net but great that Norwood stood up and had the bollocks to take it

Reactions: IG1
"Hecky aaaaht"
"Peak SUFC luck right there"
"Prem= corrupt"
"Might watch the pigs from now on, at least when they fuck up it's entertaining"
"Get Fallowfield in, maybe he had a point after all"

A spozzy pen in the 100th minute can lift anyone's spirits!

Agree.....it does become tiresome how so many supporters can't see nuance.
It's all black and white....when we win, we automatically have played great and Hecky is brillant
Then when we lose we were crap...and get rid of Hecky.

I left the ground on 93 minutes.

I was walking down Shoreham Street thinking we'd drawn 1-1, disappointing end but was going to praise us for much better 2nd half.
The quality was still lacking, so we still have problems but the character, effort, desire was 1st class.
We outbattled Wolves into submission and deserved to win. Very similar to a Bassett/ Warnock team display.
No complaints from me, even if we drew.

Take a step back for a second, maybe tomorrow when the euphoria and drinks have subsided, and look at the posters who are stating it wasn't a penalty and finding negatives in our performance.

It won't surprise you based on recent weeks.

#heckyout #princeprotests #entitledchildren

3 points is all that matters
For now yes
but regards Hecky position we need to think about performances and if he's getting the best from his team.
We put in decent effort in the 1st half and we made it scrappy
but I thought we had no tactic/ plan to create chances.
Brewster and Archer were isolated up front as there was zero link between midfield and attack.

When Brewster went off and McAtee came on....everything changed and we pushed more men forward trying to score.

Take a step back for a second, maybe tomorrow when the euphoria and drinks have subsided, and look at the posters who are stating it wasn't a penalty and finding negatives in our performance.

It won't surprise you based on recent weeks.

#heckyout #princeprotests #entitledchildren

Think it's important to enjoy wins but not be be delusional.
After every single game we should discuss the positives and negatives of every performance.
It's doesnt mean anything when posters always say we were brilliant after every win and crap after every defeat.
Also good to discuss who played well and who didn't play so well.
Then we might learn something and have discussion. Also it's OK to disagree.
Think some people are blinded by the sympathy card. Hecky has been dealt a bad hand, so it's really tough for him.
However even in the most terrible circumstances a manager can't be given a free reign and must still be accountable.

What you can't do is try to close down discussion just because you disagree.

Find it strange how some people become emotionally attached to a cause and are unable to change.
Many of the pro Hecky camp, even admit they'd prefer to see us next season play in the Championship under Hecky.
I'd rather us stay in the Premier League, would prefer it to be under Hecky but think, even with plenty of valid excuses, we've underperformed
so far, appreciate that confidence can play a big part, so I'm hopeful we can use todays win as a springboard.
Hecky is a good bloke, so hoping he can turn us around and play like the Man Utd 1st half and the Wolves 2nd half on a regular basis.

Back
Top Bottom