CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

been in the champions league more than Marseille in recent years, reached the final, and as a career move they develop players really well compared to Marseille
Well if ya wanna go history.

Marseille have won it in my lifetime.

Dortmund have been relegated.

Not sure where loan back to us is coming from..

Why would OM spend 10 mill to only get to utilize him the following season.

If theyre happy to wait till the following season to include him in then they can just sign him for free.

Seems like throwing 10 mill down the toilet for no actual difference.
I agree completely. Someone else suggested it and was ridiculed for it being a bad deal when it would clearly be a good deal for us and a terrible one for OM.

The whole reason behind my point is he can literally go on a free next year, at that point he can go to Marseille if he wants or he will have offers from big clubs no doubt about it. If he’s attracting this interest of the back of last season then yeah I think he would.

robbiez666 sorry forgot to quote your reply 👍🏼

Too old mate 😂 in all seriousness I just think he could get a better club than Marseille but what do I know I’m not a pro footballer

The whole reason behind my point is he can literally go on a free next year, at that point he can go to Marseille if he wants or he will have offers from big clubs no doubt about it. If he’s attracting this interest of the back of last season then yeah I think he would.

robbiez666 sorry forgot to quote your reply 👍🏼
Maybe he's looked around at what's happening at the club and thought screw this there's no way I'm going to look good in a team outclassed most weeks. Better off leaving now whilst my reputation is hot? He's more likely to start for Senegal in the ANC at OM as well.

Reactions: RWE
Too old mate 😂 in all seriousness I just think he could get a better club than Marseille but what do I know I’m not a pro footballer
All depends what he wants. All players are driven differently.

The club he supports in the champions league and hes always been vocal about it being the only team he would leave to play for

Reactions: RWE
Maybe he's looked around at what's happening at the club and thought screw this there's no way I'm going to look good in a team outclassed most weeks. Better off leaving now whilst my reputation is hot? He's more likely to start for Senegal in the ANC at OM as well.
Yeah that’s a good point. I think it’s probably my own selfishness of wanting him to go on to being one of the best young players in football tbh. I’m okay with him leaving I’d just want him to have the best club possible and that’s what I’m unsure of with Marseille but we shall see ⚔️

Easy to forget he's a young lad with a young family who is maybe a little homesick. I suspect life would be a great deal easier for him in France.
Yeah that’s a good point. I think it’s probably my own selfishness of wanting him to go on to being one of the best young players in football tbh. I’m okay with him leaving I’d just want him to have the best club possible and that’s what I’m unsure of with Marseille but we shall see ⚔️

Easy to forget he's a young lad with a young family who is maybe a little homesick. I suspect life would be a great deal easier for him in France.
Yeah I suppose as a fan you easily forget footballers are human, just hope he never regrets anything at the end of the career, too likeable and the best I think most of us have seen in red and white

Marseille can pay Gyökeres sort of money or they can fuck off and wait til next year for him.

The price ranges discussed; both the "£6-8m" suggested by Darren Smith & the other tweet saying "£8-to-13m" are criminal.

Illi hasn't done a Gyokeres and told us outright he wants to leave. Yet, Coventry still held out for what they felt was an acceptable fee from Sporting. So, why can't we?

Surely there is Premier League tax, granted he's not kicked a ball in it yet. Adding say a 10-to-15% sell on clause. Lets not kid ourselves about a "loan-back"

It is 100% poor planning on our part in the first instance - that Illi is in the final 12 months. Like that first season in the Championship, that partnership with MGW, should have been enough of a sign to have sat him down and got a new deal sorted.

The price ranges discussed; both the "£6-8m" suggested by Darren Smith & the other tweet saying "£8-to-13m" are criminal.

Illi hasn't done a Gyokeres and told us outright he wants to leave. Yet, Coventry still held out for what they felt was an acceptable fee from Sporting. So, why can't we?

Surely there is Premier League tax, granted he's not kicked a ball in it yet. Adding say a 10-to-15% sell on clause. Lets not kid ourselves about a "loan-back"

It is 100% poor planning on our part in the first instance - that Illi is in the final 12 months. Like that first season in the Championship, that partnership with MGW, should have been enough of a sign to have sat him down and got a new deal sorted.
He was offered a new deal several times but refused to negotiate or sign.

Then they don't get him
I like Jaffa Cakes. Love them.

They are about $5 for a packet.

I go into Marks and Spencer’s with $3.

Let me know how much my love for Jaffa cakes impacts on my ability to by a €5 item with my $3.

If you offered me $30m for Iliman then lets talk. If you offered me $10m then it would hardly touch the sides. Simply not worth it.

So, sorry Iliman, we love you to bits. But you’re not joining Marseilles for a fraction of your valuation. Not getting an extra $10m and having him for the next 12 months isn’t even a deal that requires any thought.

You couldn’t make it up. Two of the biggest windfalls in football, promotion to the Premier League and qualification to the Champions League.

Poorest team in the Premier League meets Poorest team in the Champions League!

Last edited:
The legacy of not extending deals when we had the chance. Ndiaye's was 12-18 months ago. The legacy is not just the sale, but more important than that - the price. Unlikely to be the last unfortunately. I don't think deals on ridiculous money are the way to go either, so we have to swallow it.
Bring on the takeover. Somebody that will do the basic housekeeping will do

Last edited:
Proper boils my piss, this. How can a player agree personal terms when a fee hasn't even been agreed?
Clubs approach players and agents before they go near the opposition club. Strictly speaking it's breaking the rules, in reality it's standard practice.

The legacy of not extending deals when we had the chance. Ndiaye's was 12-18 months ago. The legacy is not just the sale, but more important than that - the price. Unlikely to be the last unfortunately. I don't think deals on ridiculous money are the way to go either, so we have to swallow it.
Bring on the takeover. Somebody that will do the basic housekeeping will do
You are 100 per cent correct from a general perspective but all indications are that Ndiaye was never going to extend his current deal with us on any terms.

If we are only selling for a seven figure sum as some reports seem to indicate, we are not negotiating very well. I know contract length is against us, but we do hold some cards here.

You are 100 per cent correct from a general perspective but all indications are that Ndiaye was never going to extend his current deal with us on any terms.

If we are only selling for a seven figure sum as some reports seem to indicate, we are not negotiating very well. I know contract length is against us, but we do hold some cards here.

The chance was during the first six months we saw him in the first team. We were potless and reluctant, and now the rest is history. Midway through this season deals were offered and they decided to wait as interest has been expressed outside the club, and their camps leverage has increased.
I look at it as a business: no player would get beyond two years without being shop windowed in my world. Having said that, maybe we did get him on a four year deal, with our luck he probably would've done his ACL last September. I'm not in favour of giving him a ridiculous deal (or anyone else) at this stage. The damage is done. Time to man up and take it on the chin. See what the damage is like with the academy graduates. Buy well externally. Young, hungry, quality with resale value. I've had a long time to digest things though. My anger was expressed a good year ago. I don't think he leaves for 10 million either.

Last edited:

The chance was during the first six months we saw him in the first team. We were potless and reluctant, and now the rest is history. Midway through this season deals were offered and they decided to wait as interest has been expressed outside the club, and their camps leverage has increased.
I look at it as a business: no player would get beyond two years without being shop windowed in my world. Having said that, maybe we did get him on a four year deal, with our luck he probably would've done his ACL last September. I'm not in favour of giving him a ridiculous deal (or anyone else) at this stage. The damage is done. Time to man up and take it on the chin. See what the damage is like with the academy graduates. Buy well externally. Young, hungry, quality with resale value. I've had a long time to digest things though. My anger was expressed a good year ago. I don't think he leaves for 10 million either.

If we get £17-20m offer then we have to sell him unfortunately. The clubs financial position is more important, it damages our chances of survival dramatically but there’s no guarantees with him either.

if we are talking about your lifetime then Dortmund have also won the CL, got to a 2nd final and Marseille were also relegated

Was going to buy tickets for Chesterfield and Rotherham matches tomorrow. Now having second thoughts
Surprising you take that stance Silent.

Nobody more disappointed than me just unfortunate Marseilles are in the championship league it's the only way they could afford him right now.
Ndiah holds all the cards ! an unhappy player ! would we see the best of him ?
hard to tell ,at least it's come early enough to bring a player in (obviously not in Ndiah's class)
He's not gone yet so we live in hope.

Was going to buy tickets for Chesterfield and Rotherham matches tomorrow. Now having second thoughts
If a player wants to go then what can you do other than try and get the best fee possible?

They’ve negotiated with the player first & it’s his boyhood club. We’re not in the driving seat with this as he’s got 1 year left.

You would never see Brighton/ Brentford teams we’re trying to replicate give their best players away for free.

If we manage to get around £20m then we’ve done really well.

The money now has to be spent sensibly.

Someone explain how Marseille can agree terms with Iliman without having agreed anything with United? Isn't that illegal?
If we gave permission no, but we do it as well, probably isn’t anyone at our club who we have brought in who we didn’t do the same with

You have to question the timing of our new contract offer.

Would it not have been wise to have done this in May before more interest properly piped up?

Like many others you can see how this could pan out.

"Reluctantly we had to let Iliman go. We offered him greatly improved contract but he made his wishes clear about moving to Marseille".

We all know he fancies moving there at some point but it feels like we have waited till they spoke to each other to attempt to offer him a new deal.

Again like a few others I could see it being a PR tactic from our side too potentially.

If by some miracle Iliman signs a new deal I will gladly take it all back!

And if that did happen it would be our best signing of the summer.

Let's just see how shit we are at transfers....we have been fannying about with Slimane since God were a lad and supposedly talking to Traore since he was in his mother's womb.

OM will have Illis move sewn up before Fallowfields Mum tucks him up with cookies and a story tonight...

Last edited:
You have to question the timing of our new contract offer.

Would it not have been wise to have done this in May before more interest properly piped up?

Like many others you can see how this could pan out.

"Reluctantly we had to let Iliman go. We offered him greatly improved contract but he made his wishes clear about moving to Marseille".

We all know he fancies moving there at some point but it feels like we have waited till they spoke to each other to attempt to offer him a new deal.

Again like a few others I could see it being a PR tactic from our side too potentially.

If by some miracle Iliman signs a new deal I will gladly take it all back!

And if that did happen it would be our best signing of the summer.
He wouldn’t have signed a new deal in May, I think in reality if he had any desire to stay we would have offered him one in Jan when it looked like we were going up

Also I reckon even if OM weren’t in for him once we reached a point where he thought we could get promoted, maybe even after the loss to Forest, he had already decided by then he could likely get a move to a bigger club

If a player wants to go then what can you do other than try and get the best fee possible?

They’ve negotiated with the player first & it’s his boyhood club. We’re not in the driving seat with this as he’s got 1 year left.

You would never see Brighton/ Brentford teams we’re trying to replicate give their best players away for free.

If we manage to get around £20m then we’ve done really well.

The money now has to be spent sensibly.

He’s a far, far better player than Gyokeres. If we get less than £30m as a Premier League club, given what he’s worth in terms of a player keeping us in contention to stay up, then we’ve well and truly had our leg lifted.

Who gets promoted and then sells their star player before a ball is kicked though? It’s basically waving the white flag before we’ve got out of the blocks.

Back
Top Bottom