CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

4K would mean we offered him like 30k a week. If 6/7 times is right

That’s not a serious offer when the Average PL wage is about 60k a week. And wilder was on 70k a week or whatever.

Offer him 80k a week for a couple of years - it needs show him you’re serious if you’re gonna change his mind
He wasnt a player league player.

I'm saying if we were offering him a contract extension, it should have been in the ballpark of reasonable. We can do that now, we could have done that before we got promoted if we actually believed in the talent that Ndiaye had in order to protect the asset from the club's standpoint, but clearly we didn't.
Multiple times the club reached out to his reps.

They weren't interested.

It does make me wonder if the new contract rumour is a way to keep the fans on side should he leave.

No doubt Hecky or the Prince would say something along the lines of………“We wanted to keep Ndiaye and made him an offer which would make him the highest paid player in United’s history, but he wanted to leave”

Not to be argumentative but what more could they do if that’s the case.

There’s a floor you’d need to reach to make him an offer to stay. And we’re talking wilder levels but if they attempt to make him the highest paid player in our history - what more do we want.

Didn’t he get binned of by OM as a kid or did he leave country and therefore leave? if i got binned off i wouldn’t go back out of principle personally.

They are a bigger club, they have European football BUT ligue 1 is not a patch on the prem. I’d hope he would want to do experience at least one season with us before heading off.

If it’s 6-8m I’d let him run out his contract, he’s not the type to moan and do a lunny and he’s worth much more to us if he helped us stay up next season.

£20m-£25m sounds about right to me given his contract situation

I fear we’re being softened up for the (worst) deal of the century.

We weren’t in a position to offer him a PL contract - we are now. That’s the difference

Never made sense for him to sign at that level.
Why?

Hed be a good 500k better off... with a bigger bonus and a bigger contract still.

He wasnt a Premier league player and back then wasn't courted by clubs he is now.

So Gyokores - in the same situation contractually - is worth £20m+ but Ndiaye £8-13m 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
If he goes for anything under £20 mill it’s criminal. If ramsdale was £25-30 then illi is £30+.

For 8 mill then can have a signed shirt

Multiple times the club reached out to his reps.

They weren't interested.

When, and with what? Why is it so hard to understand that if we're not in a position to offer anything remotely close to what the player is worth, he'd immediately tell you to fuck off? Christ on a bike. If I know I can get my dream job for 4x my current salary if I just see out my current role (which I perfectly enjoy), and HR comes back to me offering a fuckall% increase, would you really be surprised if in HR's shoes if I just set up an auto reply to all emails received from them just saying "call me when you have something serious to say"? We can do that with Ndiaye now as we know we have more money.

Not to be argumentative but what more could they do if that’s the case.

There’s a floor you’d need to reach to make him an offer to stay. And we’re talking wilder levels but if they attempt to make him the highest paid player in our history - what more do we want.

It’s just an observation of what I think the club is doing. I’ve no problem with them spinning it this way and I’d do exactly the same.

I’m also in no doubt they’ve done all they can to try and keep him

So Gyokores - in the same situation contractually - is worth £20m+ but Ndiaye £8-13m 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Enzo Le Fee - final year of contract, 25m+ wanted
Gyokeres - final year of contract, 20m+ wanted
Ndiaye - final year of contract, 8-13m wanted.... 😂

Yeah that aint happening, 100% made up fiction by whoever wrote that article

If it’s 6-8m I’d let him run out his contract, he’s not the type to moan and do a lunny and he’s worth much more to us if he helped us stay up next season.

That’s the point - 6m is no where near worth the risk of letting him go.

If he’s happy to go for free and sign a pre contract in jan - let him do that. The 6m isn’t enough to do much with compared with his fair price. No one has suggested he’s agitating for a move - we can offer a taste of PL football.

Take the risk on him playing out the season and leaving for free at those levels.

When, and with what? Why is it so hard to understand that if we're not in a position to offer anything remotely close to what the player is worth, he'd immediately tell you to fuck off? Christ on a bike. If I know I can get my dream job for 4x my current salary if I just see out my current role (which I perfectly enjoy), and HR comes back to me offering a fuckall% increase, would you really be surprised if in HR's shoes if I just set up an auto reply to all emails received from them just saying "call me when you have something serious to say"? We can do that with Ndiaye now as we know we have more money.

Back in November he had played about 40 professional games.

What exactly was he worth... 50k a week...

Give over.

Absolute horseshit.

If the player wants the move then the money has to make sense. £13m, presumably in installments, for losing our best player doesn't help a jot. Fuck all for the club in that deal.

Back in November he had played about 40 professional games.

What exactly was he worth... 50k a week...

Give over.

I can see you're not even remotely paying attention to the points I'm trying to make and/or being remotely serious into how football finances work in 2023 so I'm leaving this conversation here

I am glad you aren't involved with our club 10m Coventry have just got more than double that for Gyokeres with the same amount of time left on his contract.
I'm not sure what you expect but £10 million plus a one year loan back is a very good deal for a player who will simply walk for free.

Back
Top Bottom