If you think that's a red card

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ah, so you're in the "awful challenges are only awful if the other player actually breaks his leg, otherwise just play on" camp, got you

No, I'm in the camp where it used to be a contact sport. You obviously prefer the modern game where you aren't allowed to tackle and that's fine, your choice. I just think the game loses a lot when every time a player puts a hard, or mistimed tackle in there's a collective crying by followers who don't really understand defending.

No, I'm in the camp where it used to be a contact sport. You obviously prefer the modern game where you aren't allowed to tackle and that's fine, your choice. I just think the game loses a lot when every time a player puts a hard, or mistimed tackle in there's a collective crying by followers who don't really understand defending.

One man's hard and mistimed is another's reckless and idiotic I guess shrugemoji

Serious question - despite your crackpot fishing OP.
Now you’ve seen the photo above, and if that was a tackle on McAtee, what would you be saying?

A still photo? Not worth commenting on. This looks bad, but he carried on fighting 😉

img_1_1696556469283.jpg

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

He’s only nearly broke his leg. What’s up? He’s got another one

Hahahaha, like when Steven Gerrard nearly got fouled at the Lane all those years back. I like nearly, you can use it all the time for things that nearly happened.

If you buy into the bullshit that the Holgate challenge was a red card, then you're part of the problem. No one got injured, no one had to leave the game, just a robust challenge that was a yellow at the absolute worst.

This isn't football, it's non contact, pre ordained rubbish where for some reason, we're seen as the rubbing rag team, worthy of every bad decision, every talking point and for me, I can't wait to get out of this fucking pantomime league. Hopefully some of you whiny fuckers will latch on to Man City, Liverpool, whoever and stick with the Prem because slagging us off after more decisions like today really isn't what fans do.

Whiniest fucker here is you.

Stop blaming everyone and everything else for us being shit.

We've just lost 0-5.

If a Brighton player had been sent off for the exact same challenge you would have said fuck all about it.

If you buy into the bullshit that the Holgate challenge was a red card, then you're part of the problem. No one got injured, no one had to leave the game, just a robust challenge that was a yellow at the absolute worst.

This isn't football, it's non contact, pre ordained rubbish where for some reason, we're seen as the rubbing rag team, worthy of every bad decision, every talking point and for me, I can't wait to get out of this fucking pantomime league. Hopefully some of you whiny fuckers will latch on to Man City, Liverpool, whoever and stick with the Prem because slagging us off after more decisions like today really isn't what fans do.
Cool story bro

A still photo? Not worth commenting on. This looks bad, but he carried on fighting 😉

View attachment 179464
WTF has that got to do with owt?
Holgate tackled the player by kicking him above his knee.
Reckless & dangerous play.
By the way, you didn’t answer the main question about what you’d be saying if that was a tackle on McAtee.
I guess that was deliberate on your part.

All we need to consider is would we have wanted red if it had been one of theirs on one of ours.

All we need to consider is would we have wanted red if it had been one of theirs on one of ours.

Yep, it's always this. If you would be screaming for a red if it happened the other way, then it's a red. Correct officiating is not giving every 30/70 in United's favour

This kind of opinion is what is wrong with football.

It's not the 'corrupt' (🙄) Premier League, or VAR or referees.

It's braindead fans who think everything is against us when it's not.

Ok - you disagree with the rules. But they are the rules.

Perhaps if we collectively disagree with the law about a goal being awarded if the ball crosses the goal line between the posts and under the bar, we could have a moan about the five clear injustices and call it 0-0?

Our lad makes a horrendous decision to over extend himself and go to ground.

Stand him the fuck up and he doesn’t give the ref a decision to make and his team mates a nightmare to deal with.

Silly silly boy.

UTB

How many Stella’s ?

Attention seeking rubbish

If some snowflake can't except that's a red, the game is gone. There's no point in trying to justify tackles like that, all you're doing is letting players who should know better off the hook. Holgate fucked us over today with a reckless challenge when we really needed discipline.

How many Stella’s ?

Not a fan of Stella, too sweet and heavy. I'm more a Newcy Brown man.

Listen (Hecky here) why are you all getting so pissy because I don't think that should have been a red card? Is it because I referred to you as a bit whiny? Fans of a game that isn't what it used to be? Or is it because we're shite, got gubbed and so you're looking to shout and let some steam off?

Carry on if you like, won't change my opinion and I'm sure it won't change yours but c'est la vie.

I'm actually embarrassed that one of our players made a challenge like that, on TV in the top league in the world, and that some of our fans booed the ref and the player thinking it's not a red card.
In the stadium (kop) at real speed I didn't think it was a foul - I thought they'd both taken the ball hence why the ball hadn't moved. Obviously with a video replay it's psychotic

Back
Top Bottom