If we're going to sell players, just sell them now

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Actually I don't think so. We have held our ground on Ramsdale for what, an extra £4 million?

Money which will probably be wiped out as other teams/agents raise their prices as they know we are desperate and have this 'windfall'.

Meanwhile we have wasted time preparing the team with players that aren't going to be here, and threw Verrips to the wolves.

It would have been better if we had sold Ramsdale for £18 million the day we got relegated.
£4m bought us Egan 3 years ago.

Also, we’ve finally stood our ground on a transfer and told a ‘big club’ to pay what we want, not what they want, there’s hopefully a message in there for clubs who want to pick off other players that they’re gonna have to pay a fair price now that McCabe isn’t here to flog for the first offer like he’s clearing out his old records at a car boot.

They started at an all-in figure of £20m. They're now at an all-in figure of £30m with the £6m being based on realistic achievements (probably Ramsdale getting into the Arsenal first team, England appearances, Arsenal getting back into Europe, Arsenal winning domestic cups etc)

They might as well said £100 million with those add ons as none of those apart from Ramsdale playing for them are likely anytime soon, so it's basically meaningless and even if it has value it does sod all good for us now

£4m bought us Egan 3 years ago.

Also, we’ve finally stood our ground on a transfer and told a ‘big club’ to pay what we want, not what they want, there’s hopefully a message in there for clubs who want to pick off other players that they’re gonna have to pay a fair price now that McCabe isn’t here to flog for the first offer like he’s clearing out his old records at a car boot.

Yeah there's something called inflation and we bought Egan early in the window not late so it'll not do us much good.

Great we sent a message. That message will help us get in the players we need in now and at least we have club pride.

Yeah there's something called inflation and we bought Egan early in the window not late so it'll not do us much good.

Great we sent a message. That message will help us get in the players we need in now and at least we have club pride.
Well if prices are inflating then all the better that we got more money for Ramsdale then wouldn’t you agree...?

Well if prices are inflating then all the better that we got more money for Ramsdale then wouldn’t you agree...?

Getting more money from Ramsdale at this stage will do us little good as the transfer window is closing shortly, and prices will go up, especially as the selling club knows how much we have and how desperate we are.

What's done is done now, however all this was very sadly foreseeable.

Does this “theyvesoldaplayer” inflation only affect us?

We're selling Ramsdale for £30 million? Thought it was £22 million with potential add-ons, which let's face it Arsenal aren't going to pay us anytime soon with the way they're going.
Every single second the players remain here the more their value drops, would you really be against any of our players being sold at this point?

The only one I would be gutted to see leave would be Egan and Bogle

Wasn’t it £24m ?

Egan and Bogle? That’s two.

Wasn’t it £24m ?

Egan and Bogle? That’s two.

I meant the only ones, but well done you got me on a typo.

Ok and I was also £2 million out on the Ramsdale fee, we'll see if that £2 million extra makes a whole lot of difference and compensates for the time wasted faffing about on this.

I meant the only ones, but well done you got me on a typo.

Ok and I was also £2 million out on the Ramsdale fee, we'll see if that £2 million extra makes a whole lot of difference and compensates for the time wasted faffing about on this.

Well it will provide two million extra for wages l’d imagine.

Well it will provide two million extra for wages l’d imagine.

Extra? No, as I said it will have to be used up on additional transfer fees because it's so late in the window and we're desperate.

If we bought in July player x would have cost £4 million, now he'll cost at least £6 million

Extra? No, as I said it will have to be used up on additional transfer fees because it's so late in the window and we're desperate.

If we bought in July player x would have cost £4 million, now he'll cost at least £6 million

Any examples?

They started at an all-in figure of £20m. They're now at an all-in figure of £30m with the £6m being based on realistic achievements (probably Ramsdale getting into the Arsenal first team, England appearances, Arsenal getting back into Europe, Arsenal winning domestic cups etc)
Apparently they started much lower than £20M and god knows what the payment options are.
FM would have accepted and then been asking why we still can’t bring anyone in because we’re skint.

Getting more money from Ramsdale at this stage will do us little good as the transfer window is closing shortly, and prices will go up, especially as the selling club knows how much we have and how desperate we are.

The window closes in 12 days so not shortly at all and as we’re not buying anyone I can’t see how there will be significant price increases. Of course we’d not even be able to offer money for the loan deals if we’d gone for your accepting the first offers suggestion but you just ignore that element within your argument.

The window closes in 12 days so not shortly at all and as we’re not buying anyone I can’t see how there will be significant price increases. Of course we’d not even be able to offer money for the loan deals if we’d gone for your accepting the first offers suggestion but you just ignore that element within your argument.

Option 1: Spend £20 million when more players are available in July at a lower price

Option 2: Spend £30 after the season has started with less than a fortnight until the transfer window closes where there are less players available at a higher price

Hmm...

Option 1: Spend £20 million when more players are available in July at a lower price

Option 2: Spend £30 after the season has started with less than a fortnight until the transfer window closes where there are less players available at a higher price

Hmm...
Where is the £20M coming from to spend in your first scenario? We’re mainly selling to support the additional overheads we have this year. You sell for the first bid as you said, you get a lot less than £20M and still need to sell to service the wage bill and costs. So no funds, not even to support the loans.

Yes more money for United World not necessarily The Blades 🤨

Where is the £20M coming from to spend in your first scenario?

Selling Ramsdale then at that price, as opposed to the higher price now. Hence the title of the thread.

Time is money, and we have wasted a lot of time faffing about with this and have an unsettled defence because of it.

Selling Ramsdale then at that price, as opposed to the higher price now. Hence the title of the thread.

Time is money, and we have wasted a lot of time faffing about with this and have an unsettled defence because of it.
They didn’t originally bid £20M, it was less and you need money to service our additional costs this year so you get fuck all to spend and you probably also need to sell someone else.
Great job. Maybe some of our loan targets will play for free?

They didn’t originally bid £20M, it was less and you need money to service our additional costs this year so you get fuck all to spend and you probably also need to sell someone else.
Great job. Maybe some of our loan targets will play for free?

How much did they first bid? (genuine question)

How much more money do you think we'll get to have on new players because of this delay? Will there be as many players available and willing to join?

Will it be worthwhile having such an unsettled defence?

How much did they first bid? (genuine question)

How much more money do you think we'll get to have on new players because of this delay? Will there be as many players available and willing to join?

Will it be worthwhile having such an unsettled defence?
Well, last weeks bid was the £18M raising to £20M you are now talking about and that was the 3rd or 4th bid according to reports. So to throw it back, what would you suggest the original bid would have been, two maybe three bids before the £18M? £10M? £15M absolute tops?

We then have the overheads to service for which we’re rumoured in the Athletic to be £40M of sales so let’s be really conservative and say £20M needed from sales. So what ever you accept you need to take that off before get money to spend. I think you’d be in deficit so nothing to spend even on loans and still needing a sale.

Well, last weeks bid was the £18M raising to £20M you are now talking about and that was the 3rd or 4th bid according to reports. So to throw it back, what would you suggest the original bid would have been, two maybe three bids before the £18M? £10M? £15M absolute tops?

We then have the overheads to service for which we’re rumoured in the Athletic to be £40M of sales so let’s be really conservative and say £20M needed from sales. So what ever you accept you need to take that off before get money to spend. I think you’d be in deficit so nothing to spend even on loans and still needing a sale.

I think you’re missing his point* that whoever we are in for will cost more than the six million extra we appear to have got......

* I say “point” :)

Manchester United could have got him for £24 million in July, then had to pay £28 million for him in August.
Coming back to you accepting the first bid.
If the third or fourth bid was £18M, what do you think the first bid would have been?

Manchester United could have got him for £24 million in July, then had to pay £28 million for him in August.

They didn’t bid in July. When his release clause figure expired. That doesn’t prove your point, it shows their gamble didn’t work and Everton took advantage. Clutching at straws as usual.

Anything more recent?

We just need to buy players from a team as shit as us, all our outfield players will have dropped in value.

We just need to buy players from a team as shit as us, all our outfield players will have dropped in value.

No. Their value goes up as we get closer to the deadline. Ie Berge £20m today, teatime 31st £55m.

It’s all on here…….

Back
Top Bottom