If we're going to sell players, just sell them now

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FMBlade1

Reaction score
I know it's not even July and players are on international duty etc. though this Berge and Ramsdale thing is already turning into a rather tedious saga.

Personally I'd grudgingly accept £50 million for them both now which I think is fair, others may disagree with that figure but if it's going to happen it should be proactively arranged now.

I get the impression that we are bickering over a few million here and there, and yeah we could hold out for more and wait but there's no guarantee.

And even if we did get a bit more a lot of time will have been wasted. Bournemouth (granted they didn't go back up but at least made the play-offs) sold Ake almost as soon as they were relegated: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53594421

I fear that they'll both go latish in the window and we'll be scrambling for replacements, and as other clubs know we have the windfall will raise their prices so we'll either overpay or be left with dregs.

Rather we go into July with £50 million in the bank and two players who won't be here being out the door, than have £60 million in August and playing catch-up.

Last edited:

I know it's not even July and players are on international duty etc. though this Berge and Ramsdale thing is already turning into a rather tedious saga.

Personally I'd grudgingly accept £45 million for them both now which I think is fair, others may disagree with that figure but if it's going to happen it should be proactively arranged now.

I get the impression that we are bickering over a few million here and there, and yeah we could hold out for more and wait but there's no guarantee.

And even if we did get a bit more a lot of time will have been wasted. Bournemouth (granted them didn't go back up but at least made the play-offs) sold Ake almost as soon as they were relegated: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53594421

I fear that they'll both go latish in the window and we'll be scrambling for replacements, and as other clubs know we have the windfall will raise their prices so we'll either overpay or be left with dregs.

Rather we go into July with £40 million in the bank and two players who won't be here being out the door, than have £50 million in August and playing catch-up.
Man City activated Ake's release clause so there was no negotiation of price

Personally I'd grudgingly accept £50 million for them both now which I think is fair, others may disagree with that figure but if it's going to happen it should be proactively arranged now.

And even if we did get a bit more a lot of time will have been wasted. Bournemouth (granted they didn't go back up but at least made the play-offs) sold Ake almost as soon as they were relegated: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53594421

Rather we go into July with £50 million in the bank and two players who won't be here being out the door, than have £60 million in August and playing catch-up.
That's fine then, they either pay what we ask or they don't get said players.. I'd much rather see us keep the pair than drop our pants to the first club who's interested.

I’m sure the board will be keen to lose millions of pounds to reinvest in the team on the basis that some of our fans have the attention spans of gnats and are already bored after a week of the transfer window being open.

Did I say that we should sell because the fans are bored?

I worry that they'll leave late in the window then we'll hear the excuse 'We missed out on our top targets because we needed to sell before we bought'

That's fine then, they either pay what we ask or they don't get said players.. I'd much rather see us keep the pair than drop our pants to the first club who's interested.

We could try to do what Dortmund did with Sancho 'Either it happens at our price by this date or he's staying no-matter what'.

Now of course we're not in as strong as a position, don't want us to drop our pants down but wouldn't mind if we sold a few million less than what we would have hoped if it meant we could move forward faster.

Maybe we're not going to sell them?

I kind of get where you're coming from, but at the same time complaining that we aren't selling our players quickly enough sounds crazy at face value. The club should have a valuation for the players and if other clubs don't meet that valuation then it would be insane to sell at a lower price just to get it done quicker. Why shouldn't we get the best deal we can? Why shouldn't we drive up the price? And what's wrong with saying "Meet the price or we're keeping them"?

Fucking panicking again

FFS weve not appointed a manager yet its been 3 months since Wilder left and nothing is being done about it
Should have got Big Fat fucking Sam in
The new manager needs to be in Sheffield 2 weeks ago so he can get on with transfers

Now this gerrum sold if we are selling them doesnt matter about a few million the Prince has got that down back of his sofa

Think fucking Leicester they eventually sold Maguire for £80m was it ? first offer was probably in region of £60m should have got him out of the door as fast as they could

The Drama Queens are at it again

Keep them Ramsdale and sell Berge is my view Ramsdale value will not drop in the next year if we keep him. Berge's value could, at the moment most of the interest is due to potential rather than hard consistent evidence. For me £35m buys Berge no question but no less

We could try to do what Dortmund did with Sancho 'Either it happens at our price by this date or he's staying no-matter what'.

Now of course we're not in as strong as a position, don't want us to drop our pants down but wouldn't mind if we sold a few million less than what we would have hoped if it meant we could move forward faster.
but we're not going to move forward faster by selling our best players. we lacked a goalkeeper when dean left, we've got a decent, reliable replacement, but we should sell him to the first club interested? (we'd be back at square 1 again)

Fucking panicking again

FFS weve not appointed a manager yet its been 3 months since Wilder left and nothing is being done about it
Should have got Big Fat fucking Sam in
The new manager needs to be in Sheffield 2 weeks ago so he can get on with transfers

Now this gerrum sold if we are selling them doesnt matter about a few million the Prince has got that down back of his sofa

Think fucking Leicester they eventually sold Maguire for £80m was it ? first offer was probably in region of £60m should have got him out of the door as fast as they could

The Drama Queens are at it again
No,just the one😴

As dedicated fans we should strive for better than this. Its getting as bad as Bladesmad circa 2017.
Come on FM we can do better than this. Its worse than a UK euro vision entry.

Now that's what I call kicking a Blade when he's down!

but we're not going to move forward faster by selling our best players. we lacked a goalkeeper when dean left, we've got a decent, reliable replacement, but we should sell him to the first club interested? (we'd be back at square 1 again)
Not just sell him to the first bidder, but we should sell on the cheap in case it takes too long.

I know, but comparing something to our Eurovision entry is like the neutron bomb of put downs.
Cruel to be kind.
I love FM dearly but he should stick to getting Ched back. He's great at that. Kinda.

Dont ever get in to stocks and shares mate

Why sell them at all? Good chance those 2 would be massive players in the Championship, securing £100m+ if we’re promoted. Berge’s release clause notwithstanding…

New boss has already said, nothing is going to happen , until he has seen and spoken to everyone. Not sure if someone meets a release clause, if that still applies.

We're waiting for the second offers coming in, the second offer will be inferior to the original offer but have a "take it or leave it" threat attached to it.

We'll then fold like a deck of cards

Back
Top Bottom