If only...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

vas borbokis

Reaction score
If only...we'd beaten Luton at home on Boxing Day, as we fully deserved to do if we're being honest, we'd be above Burnley and just one point behind Luton. 4 off safety with points deductions incoming for both Forest and Everton.
Yes I know we've not been great, but we've been absolutely castigated by everyone all season. Our fans, other fans, the media all piling in on us being the worst ever team in PL history! We'll get to Fuck as KN might say!
Company's Burnley getting a free pass and talked about for playing lovely football, and Luton being a breath of fresh air. FFS.
It is Time fellow Blades, time we started to stand up for ourselves and give our boys some credit.
I think we did that today.
Great support those who went!
Onwards and upwards!
Let's stop pulling ourselves down. There's enough other folk doing that already.
COYRAWW
& FTP

Admin please move my above post to the "are we really that bad" thread. Same subject didn't spot it.

Say it again.
We are rebuilding . A club in transition who had to act quick during transfer window and new methods of play.
I'm looking forward to us in future, I belive we will give this a good go till its too late but also we have alot of good youngsters so yea like Norwich like west brom, we could be a yo-yo team for years unless we get major investors.
We are now scoring and away from home we counter very quick.
Still enough games to Go . Last week we got hammered by Aston villa , Luton drew 4-4 at Newcastle.
Funny old game .
Just wish we could have signed ohare from Coventry he's going to be some player.

Beat Brighton, which we will then the mood will change so much .
If we go down then we go down fighting but rebuild as a better team .

I think one of the points I was trying to make in the OP was we don't deserve to be everyone's kicking post. Yeah we've not been great but we're not all that far off being where Luton sit, and being better placed than Burnley, yet we get all the criticism from our own fans and those of other clubs.

If only Pickfords face wasnt in the way v Everton, if only Spurs hadnt got 37 million minutes of injury time, ditto for Villa.
But for all those, we've also got "lucky" v Wolves and West Ham with interesting penalty decisions. ,
Easily outweighed by bad luck

Say it again.
We are rebuilding . A club in transition who had to act quick during transfer window and new methods of play.
I'm looking forward to us in future, I belive we will give this a good go till its too late but also we have alot of good youngsters so yea like Norwich like west brom, we could be a yo-yo team for years unless we get major investors.
We are now scoring and away from home we counter very quick.
Still enough games to Go . Last week we got hammered by Aston villa , Luton drew 4-4 at Newcastle.
Funny old game .
Just wish we could have signed ohare from Coventry he's going to be some player.
We need a 23 year old Bash and Jack O'Connell and start playing mental again.
Mental is the only thing that makes sense here. If we're going to do it the Blayyyyeeddssss Wahhhyyyy, we should at least make it mental so nobody else knows what we're doing.

Quite a lot of if only's - not conceding 2 goals in injury time at Spurs, not conceding a late winner at Forest, not gifting the game to Luton at Christmas, Wes not charging out of his goal at Villa. Takes us to 21 points or thereabouts and in with a shout.

We've got 14 games left and, points deductions notwithstanding, we need to win 5 of them at the very least and draw another 5. Still got to play Brentford, Forest, Burnley, Everton, Fulham, Bournemouth and Wolves - all of which are games we can be hopeful of getting something from. We basically need mid table form from here on in.

It's a big ask based on some of the rubbish we've been served up so far but if we keep performing like on Saturday then we can have grounds to feel faintly optimistic (cue a 5-0 thrashing at home to Brighton).

We've ticked the Derby box, next is not to finish bottom, third is to not be mathematically down by the time we play Forest on the 4th of May, because it could be them we send down instead with any luck, even if they come down with us.

I think one of the points I was trying to make in the OP was we don't deserve to be everyone's kicking post. Yeah we've not been great but we're not all that far off being where Luton sit, and being better placed than Burnley, yet we get all the criticism from our own fans and those of other clubs.
I think if you were to ask most clubs they would cry foul at something thats happened. Wolves & West Ham = our late 10 & 13 min into injury time pens, both debatable etc

There is a contentious decision in every game, we feel harshly done by on ours, because they affect us, but Wolves wrote into the FA earlier in the season over repeated incidents. Arsenal & Liverpool too, and they arent doing too bad.

I agree with your point about what could have been, but my point is every club would have a 'what could have been' thread

If we'd have kept our composure against Spurs & Man City we'd be 4 points better off - but if (from a Wolves & West ham perspective) they had kept theirs/penalty decision then we'd be 4 points down - maybe it all equals itself out

Confidence is everything. If they can put a performance together against Brighton and a few results go our way, feeling in dressing room changes, excitement grows in the stands and behind the players. It's not that crazy, and Brighton are good, but it could be worse.

It could genuinely look a lot more achievable come Sunday night, as ridiculous as that is.

I think with the low points that the eventual 17th will have, it'll be the classic if only season.

We do deserve it Vas, for the vast majority of the season we've been an embarrassment, the Luton result is a step in the right direction, but lets not kid ourselves.

Back
Top Bottom