I would accept a 21st place finish

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I would be well pleased this year with mid table we’ve got to be realistic with only half the team worth the shirt

I went last night - fully expecting an hammering.

First half we completely controlled - The City Ground can be a frightening place to play if the natives get going- but the were mainly subdued because they were being outplayed.

Second half started similar and we got the goal- as per didn't hold onto the lead long- Forest scored - the place got rocking and we could quite easily have lost because they were encouraged.

But for all the doom and gloom merchants- that was a pretty dominant display.

A couple of changes in January could easily see this team in the play offs- and some of Norwoods passing last night was off the scale, midfield is not great but its deffo not Ollies fault.
This ^^^^^^
A completely balanced assessment IMHO.
We aren’t nearly as far off as many make out !!

UTB

If we went up this season we'd have a worse PL season than last time
and if this happened all i'd ask is that we spend the money sensibly. Improve the academy, the training ground and invest in a decent core of young Championship-standard players who could take us up again in future.

We were in control, to a degree, because Forest just let us have it and got behind the ball. We had more possession, because they were happy for us to have it. We didn't have more shots or corners. There's no point 'dominating' a game if we don't test their keeper. I don't think it's domination if we have are allowed to have control.

As for the original question. I'd be happy with mid-table if I can see progress. Both on and off the pitch.
I don't agree with this, it is just negative claptrap from certain pessimistic supporters who can't wait for the club to fail. No team goes out with the intention of giving the ball to the opposition & just sit in waiting for errors. If they don't come they would soon find themselves a goal or two down & their fans wouldn't stand for it either. I accept we were not penetrating them to the point of scoring multiple goals, but that is down to our weaknesses rather than them just giving us possession.

I don't agree with this, it is just negative claptrap from certain pessimistic supporters who can't wait for the club to fail. No team goes out with the intention of giving the ball to the opposition & just sit in waiting for errors. If they don't come they would soon find themselves a goal or two down & their fans wouldn't stand for it either. I accept we were not penetrating them to the point of scoring multiple goals, but that is down to our weaknesses rather than them just giving us possession.
Leicester won the PL doing it.

I agree with your point but some teams do set up to counter attack. Sit back and pick off on the counter. Possession is only good if you actually do something meaningfull with the ball.

I agree with your point but some teams do set up to counter attack. Sit back and pick off on the counter. Possession is only good if you actually do something meaningfull with the ball.
Oh yes Kev I agree with that, some teams do set up to be very compact & look for a chance to hit on the break, but that is usually at a higher level than we are currently at in the main. What I was getting at was our possession stats against all teams are very good, & we have created many chances to score multiple times, & if our finishing were better then we would have been out of sight in most games so far.

We were in control, to a degree, because Forest just let us have it and got behind the ball. We had more possession, because they were happy for us to have it. We didn't have more shots or corners. There's no point 'dominating' a game if we don't test their keeper. I don't think it's domination if we have are allowed to have control.

As for the original question. I'd be happy with mid-table if I can see progress. Both on and off the pitch.
Disagree with you with respect. We got into some great positions with players, in particular Stevens and Ozzie failing to provide a decent cross or final pass. I don’t think Forest ‘allowed’ this to happen. If they did then it’s a high risk strategy.

I went last night - fully expecting an hammering.

First half we completely controlled - The City Ground can be a frightening place to play if the natives get going- but the were mainly subdued because they were being outplayed.

Second half started similar and we got the goal- as per didn't hold onto the lead long- Forest scored - the place got rocking and we could quite easily have lost because they were encouraged.

But for all the doom and gloom merchants- that was a pretty dominant display.

A couple of changes in January could easily see this team in the play offs- and some of Norwoods passing last night was off the scale, midfield is not great but its deffo not Ollies fault.
Don't come on here with your balanced and rational talk.

I wouldn’t accept it. I’m not panicking, calling for Slav’s head and I can understand it might take time to turn this mess around, but anything below 12th and I would hope the Prince sits down at season end and has a good think about the next step - even sacking the manager and looking for a replacement.
Below 12th and I would consider that a complete failure and want answers.

MV5BNDM0NWRlMWItMDU3Ny00NDU2LWJhYmEtODUxOTRlOWVhYjdmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjgyOTI4Mg@@._V1_.jpg
The type of manager some of our football illiterate fans would appoint tomorrow.

#nowtfancy
#stopfannyingabart
#gerritforrud
#forrinuzart

He even points like Blackwell used to to bring on a semi for some

D3JbdwGXkAElTHm.jpg

Another point I forgot to mention, if not for some appalling referees this term this team could conceivably be just outside the play-offs

Back
Top Bottom