Match Thread Hull City v. Sheffield United - 18th September 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HULL
HULL
HULL

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1631735295415.png v. 1631735303767.png
Championship Week 8 - Saturday 18th September 2021 - 12:30 - MKM Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings -
Officials:

Referee:
Dean Whitestone
Assistant Referee: Shaun Hudson
Assistant Referee: Geoffrey Liddle
Fourth Official: Sebastian Stockbridge

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-09-15 at 20.50.54.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Last edited:

How times have changed. Last few years we could play well and only score 1. Now we don’t get out of first gear and have scored 3.
3 games
7 points (should have been 9)
11 goals
5 conceded (bit worrying that)
Furthermore, they were all a bit shit so stop singling out mcburnie and Brewster. The price tag isn’t their fault

He’s a striker mate that’s the position he played that made us spend £20 mill on

He had a few shots on target and linked up play well the lad needs a run in the team if he is ever gonna do anything for us

Brain dead moron fans slagging him off after a half decent performance doesn’t help

Brewster didn’t insist on us spaffing £20 mill on him a
Ight. He's a striker that's never in the right position (when attacking) a striker knows to be in the box when the balls around. Not fannying around the edge of the box.

Half decent performance? I'm sorry mate but I disagree there, he was absolutely garbage. Again. He did a few neat things (looks great off the ball I'll admit) but he's never there to pick up the ball and make a meaningful contribution to the squad. You're right, he can't help the fact he was bought for the money he was. But he can certainly help by showing why we spent that much on him. Poor. We've a better prospect on loan in Burton. The sad thing is I think we all know it.

He’s a striker mate that’s the position he played that made us spend £20 mill on

He had a few shots on target and linked up play well the lad needs a run in the team if he is ever gonna do anything for us

Brain dead moron fans slagging him off after a half decent performance doesn’t help

Brewster didn’t insist on us spaffing £20 mill on him a
He started well enough but he spends too much of the match strolling around and not looking to get on the ball in dangerous positions.

How times have changed. Last few years we could play well and only score 1. Now we don’t get out of first gear and have scored 3.
3 games
7 points (should have been 9)
11 goals
5 conceded (bit worrying that)
Big thing for me is creating good chances. That we are doing. The confidence is returning and the good results are following. Defence...work in progress.

It's only ourselves that will hold us back,we've got half a decent team but the other half need working on or replacing,we need fine tuning passing out from the back and our defence needs strengthening,need to keep the ball better in key areas and win our battles in the final third or better teams than Hull who,apart from Coyle,were garbage,will punish us.

3 points, good win.

Not expecting clean sheets really this season, not for a while anyway, until this defence has played together for more than 2 games.

RND had a poor game, Stevens should be rubbing his hands together because he's back in contention.

We were generally a bit off it though today, made a couple of changes with Ndiaye not playing, and Hourihane in the middle and the speed of our play slowed a little and we got sloppy.

Billy and MGW were excellent, Egan getting on Hourihane's corners was great to see, and we got the win against a load of cheating bastards so I'm happy.

Geudioura looks alright, like a hench Norwood without the pings really, although he looks like he's clunking through the gears when he has to run back, but maybe it's just a bit of rust.

Onwards and upwards.

Why people can't enjoy a 3-1 away win without looking for negatives is beyond me. Well done lads.View attachment 121242

True. Particularly when it seems Brewdog is scapegoat of the week when he played fine. If you want to berate RND then go ahead, he didn't have a great game, but the Brewdog hate is comical. Bear in mind he wasn't even meant to start

Dont agree the effort is there the quality aint- Brewster and McB dont start because SJ has seen them and obviously not keen on what he sees.

Quality shows straight away and MGW breathes it- not like them pair of donkeys.

Take 3-1 all day long we are on the up slope.
Our only striker is Billy Sharp. Only other quality on show today was MGW.

Good win that looks better on paper than it did watching it. Got a slight bit of luck today but Hull were absolutely terrible. If they stay up playing like that it will be a miracle. I thought we were pretty poor today too. Especially at the back.

Olsen - 6 - Spilled one early but had little else to do.
RND - 5 - Once again sloppy and Wilks gave him a few problems first half. Improved after the break but sloppy in possession and his positioning leaves a lot to be desired at times
Davies - 4.5 - Played Smith on for the disallowed second and gave the ball away dangerously several times, including their goal. I was expecting much better from him but another poor game under very little pressure.
Egan - 6.5 - Great to see him getting on the score sheet with two good headers (especially the second), but thought he was a bit iffy at the back. Lucky that the second was disallowed as that was a mess. Gets an extra point for the goals.
Baldock - 5 - Just let his man scored their goal and made several errors (including a kamikaze where he got nowhere near winning the header.
Fleck - 7 - One of our better players. Had another burst through and was snappy in the tackle.
Hourihane - 6 - Can't be a coincidence that two goals from his corners today but outside of that I saw very little.
Osborn - 6.5 - Lively throughout and kept driving us forward. We look a much better team with him in midfield. Adds a bit of energy we generally lack.
Brewster - 5 - Playing out of position at the last minute but looked weak and often in the wrong place. Continues looking half a footballer. Got some shots it but fairly terrible.
Gibbs-White - 7.5 - Faded quite badly, but our best player. Lively and lots of movement. Something we have often lacked. By far and away our best summer signing so far.
Sharp - 7 - Scored and earned a penalty (which he should have done better with). Caused them a lot of trouble. Lucky to get away with that grab on Wilks (we'd have suffered with VAR today!) and getting too involved with unpleasantries (which Hull were worse at but he doesn't mind throwing an elbow about. Needs to be a bit brighter.)

Subs

McBurnie - 6 - Looked busy and held the ball up. Had a decent effort (which I think was going wide) late on
Guédioura - 5.5 -Got booked for a poor tackle soon after coming on but looked busy and flitted about.
Basham - 6 - Sat in at the back. Made a run then realised he shouldn't really be there!

Slav - 7 - Poor performance but a pretty easy victory. The subs were sensible and the result never really looked in doubt.

Dont agree the effort is there the quality aint- Brewster and McB dont start because SJ has seen them and obviously not keen on what he sees.

Quality shows straight away and MGW breathes it- not like them pair of donkeys.

Take 3-1 all day long we are on the up slope.

Every effort must be made to get MGW on a permanent in January,
Wolves have the option to take him back in January, and we have to make them an offer to keep him.

For me, it dispels the myth that one man isn't a team, because without him I see nothing else happening in the final third

Ight. He's a striker that's never in the right position (when attacking) a striker knows to be in the box when the balls around. Not fannying around the edge of the box.

Half decent performance? I'm sorry mate but I disagree there, he was absolutely garbage. Again. He did a few neat things (looks great off the ball I'll admit) but he's never there to pick up the ball and make a meaningful contribution to the squad. You're right, he can't help the fact he was bought for the money he was. But he can certainly help by showing why we spent that much on him. Poor. We've a better prospect on loan in Burton. The sad thing is I think we all know it.
He just doesn’t read the game unfortunately

3-1 but to be honest poor lacklustre performance against a shit team, not good enough Blades, play like that against most other Championship teams and they would have been in trouble.
Ben Davis in for Robinson and thought his passing out from the back was poor, but on Sky they thought he had a great game? Hourihame in midfield was sloppy in passing, giving the ball away, the midfield looking to play the ball back negative for me, too slow🤨 would have loved to see Burger against them but wasn’t to be.
That wI’ll not be good enough against some other teams, we need more urgency and to be more brave!

Back
Top Bottom