Match Thread Hull City v. Sheffield United - 18th September 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HULL
HULL
HULL

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1631735295415.png v. 1631735303767.png
Championship Week 8 - Saturday 18th September 2021 - 12:30 - MKM Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings -
Officials:

Referee:
Dean Whitestone
Assistant Referee: Shaun Hudson
Assistant Referee: Geoffrey Liddle
Fourth Official: Sebastian Stockbridge

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-09-15 at 20.50.54.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Last edited:

Terrible first half but we have the lead.

We're incredibly sloppy, especially at the back and seem to lack a plan going forward. The times we've looked dangerous is when we've managed to break on them.

Shouldn't have been a pen (Billy was offside and I'd like to see that tackle again because he got the ball, although he might have gone through the man as well). Not a red card under the rules.

We're slightly the better team but Hull are dire.

I think we’ll see ndiaye on for sharp with him swapping positions with Brewster later on.
For now, i think norwood needs to be on for hourihane

Not got the best view low down behind the goal but it feels like we're making our own problems all the time.

Both teams giving the ball away cheaply.

RND having problems with Wilks.

Annoyingly looking at their set up and the room down the right I think Berge would have had some joy.

All that said I might be talking absolute bollocks watching through the net and being a few feet above pitch level 🙂

You just get a feeling we've got a really soft underbelly, making hard work of a very poor Hull team,we try to play passing football but we're not very good at it. We're inviting a team who haven't scored in six matches into the game.
Need to improve second half.

Yeah. I am totally lost as to when I can actually access this

We're incredibly sloppy, especially at the back and seem to lack a plan going forward. The times we've looked dangerous is when we've managed to break on them.

Shouldn't have been a pen (Billy was offside and I'd like to see that tackle again because he got the ball, although he might have gone through the man as well). Not a red card under the rules.

Agree with all that but he got the man before he got the ball for the pen, stonewaller.

You just get a feeling we've got a really soft underbelly, making hard work of a very poor Hull team,we try to play passing football but we're not very good at it. We're inviting a team who haven't scored in six matches into the game.
We are mid-table cannonball fodder pal - anyone seriously challenging for the top 6 will wipe us out easily .

We are really poor against another wretched team.

We are mid-table cannonball fodder pal - anyone seriously challenging for the top 6 will wipe us out easily .
To be fair this isn't an indication of the tempo from previous two games. Possibility that tummy bug sweeping through whole team?

Need to go up a gear in this second half or the same old story will unfold,already let them off the hook,passing needs to be better,and we need to stop their attacks earlier,turn the ball over higher up and break faster on them.They aren't creating,but they will throw balls in the longer it goes or we will make a Rick somewhere,do not be the authors of our own downfall again.

Last couple of games our passing has been on point. Today is really flat!

Agree it was offside but the lad does go through Billy to get the ball I reckon so it's a pen in respect to that phase of play ignoring the offside.

Never feel confident with bill taking penalties. Seems to miss so many despite being a great finisher. Weird

We’ve been crap first half but still should be game over at 2-0.

Confident we come out and finish these off

Hull seems to want wrestle every situation they can. Billy was offside so maybe the saved penalty is kinda fair. I would like to think we can keep MBW until summer, but deeply fear it'll end up in tears at january. Maybe we are ready to get another player like him in, wouldn't hurt to have more than one playing for us.

Not the best performance there from us but still we are the (slightly) better side. Problem is we are too lethargic. We've caused problems when we pick up the pace and run at them. Too much slow passing is allowing them to get back into position and organised and at the minute all it takes is one slip at the back and they are right back in it.
it was a definite penalty as he went through the back of him and took out Billy's left leg before making any contact with the ball. Wasnt a bad penalty but the keeper did really well to get down to it.
I'd bring Berge on to drive at them a bit and probably bring Hourihane off (not that he has done anything wrong) and look at changing the forwards after 15 minutes or so.

Back
Top Bottom