CONFIRMED HSBC Sports Ground - New first team training centre

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

They were petitioning last time on that house being built next to the surgery on Dore Road. Did absolutely nothing, think it’s called Dore Manor. They’re always angry up there. Poshos.
NIMBYS, I believe they are called!

As I suspected then haha.

There's probably only room for four pitches on that current site, which is the same as at Shirecliffe. There are playing fields to the East and West though, which presumably the club will have their eye on for expansion. So eight full size pitches across two sites, plus the possibility for more.

Brighton's looks to have 10 full size pitches, so it's not actually much difference, but obviously all at the one site is preferable.
How many pitches do the first team need

Very true regarding J.V. They are up in arms also because of the retirement village proposed on the garden centre site , maybe because of the proximity from the new proposed HSBC training ground , some of our players can just saunter up the road to a new resting place.
Can’t see any logic in being against it unless they’re from the Blue side of the city.
Sports ground purchased to be developed into a sports ground - scandalous!

Maybe the Prince knows he won't sell us so investing in a new training facility to produce better youth selling for £££'s

Which junior football club played at Limb Lane? Crosspool?
Last time I played there, Steve Cowens's Denby Sportsman were the home team but I think it was temporary arrangement. The pavilion was in a terrible state , pitch not much better , although I remember England under 21s or 23's using it as a training pitch when they played in Sheffield once.

Nicking some images off google maps at the same scale, for a club that we would hope to emulate.

Brightons training ground

View attachment 180282

HSBC Sports ground

View attachment 180285

So unless we buy more land and divert some roads, it will be substantially smaller.

Man Cities raining ground at same scale for the lols

View attachment 180286
Brighton's is insane!!
I dont know that area where we've bought, is the land the full triangle (including the section below ash house lane?) Or just the really small triangle from the building upwards until the roads meet.

Brighton's is insane!!
I dont know that area where we've bought, is the land the full triangle (including the section below ash house lane?) Or just the really small triangle from the building upwards until the roads meet.
I think it's just the small triangle.

As a side note, it's a little disappointing that Sheffield loses one of its better amateur football grounds. Due to the topography of the place, we don't have many good facilities for grassroots football.

You'd like to think the riches of the Premier League would in some way filter down to the maintenance/creation of these facilities , especially when a Premier League club nicks them in the first place. For whatever reason though, it's getting worse as more money comes in to the game.
Agree, playing at HSBC was always a treat compared to the usual park offerings of Sheffield.
Oh well, back to the bogs of Concord Park it is…

Just remembered, it was Ecclesall Rangers!
The council pitches across the road from HSBC have been used by a number of junior clubs over the years, including Porter and more recently (and currently) Ecclesall Rangers. Both Porter and Ecclesall Rangers also use the astro turf pitches at HSBC for training during the winter months.

It's great for Utd, and ideal imo, good location (although fucking freezing in the winter with the wind off the moors) but a shame for the local junior clubs who use it extensively at the moment.

Agree, playing at HSBC was always a treat compared to the usual park offerings of Sheffield.
Oh well, back to the bogs of Concord Park it is…

Davy’’s two pitches at their ex Sports club on Prince of Wales Road were always great playing surfaces. England u23’s even trained on there while I worked there. We had 3 works teams back then

Davy’’s two pitches at their ex Sports club on Prince of Wales Road were always great playing surfaces. England u23’s even trained on there while I worked there. We had 3 works teams back then
I always liked playing at Davy's. My mates Dad was the steward for a fair while as well

Can’t see any logic in being against it unless they’re from the Blue side of the city.
Sports ground purchased to be developed into a sports ground - scandalous!
One thing is for sure, Waddle,Hirst et Al won’t like it,being so close to their morning,afternoon,evening haunting of the Devonshire in Dore.

I played for the Bank for years - there were always 3 full size pitches and a decent sized social club, which incorporated the changing rooms. 2 of the pitches were in front of the club … and they didn’t take up the entire area. Behind the club there’s even more space- one football pitch but that part was also used for cricket and tennis.
I would guess that when they’ve put the two desso pitches in there will still be more than enough room for a large indoor facility including full size pitch…. Plus all the office and social amenities.
It’s an absolutely brilliant site - if we do it right it will be a huge positive in attracting players…. a lot of them will probably live close by.
Another side benefit is that it’s bloody freezing in Winter up there so it should harden some our lot up a bit 😄
I found myself ITK about this last week ( a first for me) but I decided not to post anything in case there were any sensitivities around it.
I don’t think we could have picked a better site and as others have mentioned, the old Ashe House ground is close by and has been derelict for some time. Could give potential for more space but I doubt we’d need it.

Brighton's is insane!!
I assume it will be whole lot. The land bound by Limb Lane, Ash House Lane and Hathersage Road is/was the entirety of HSBC Sports and Social. The 'road' you can see running past the building in the centre is just an access road for the site

The council pitches across the road from HSBC have been used by a number of junior clubs over the years, including Porter and more recently (and currently) Ecclesall Rangers. Both Porter and Ecclesall Rangers also use the astro turf pitches at HSBC for training during the winter months.

It's great for Utd, and ideal imo, good location (although fucking freezing in the winter with the wind off the moors) but a shame for the local junior clubs who use it extensively at the moment.
Oh yes, Porter. Am thinking of the years between 2008 and 2013

Brighton's is insane!!
I went past Brighton’s on the train when I lived down there. It is absolutely huge, goes on for what seems like forever.

Like many people have pointed out though, theirs is for first team, academy and the women’s team. To have made this investment just for the first team has strengthened the fundamentals of this club for the coming decades.

Delighted

Have we bought it? Or just signed a contract to buy it if we can get a satisfactory planning permission?

Back
Top Bottom