CONFIRMED HSBC Sports Ground - New first team training centre

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Maybe one for the rumors thread, but a good mate says he's heard from a solid source (I know I know) that Sheff Utd have had a bid accepted for the HSBC Sports Club on Limb Lane in S17.

Anyone else heard owt
Would be a great acquisition but can't see it myself.

Yeah. New stadium being built for anticipated next 10 years. Max capacity 2,500.

Reactions: Dkc
Would with investment make a great first team base .

Maybe one for the rumors thread, but a good mate says he's heard from a solid source (I know I know) that Sheff Utd have had a bid accepted for the HSBC Sports Club on Limb Lane in S17.

Anyone else heard owt?
It’s been an obvious choice for as long as I can remember. Most (but not all) of the players will be Dore Whirlow Eccy Rd Ranmoor area as is the gaffer.

Makes perfect sense.

UTB

It doesn’t surprise me that HSBC would wish to sell given their hugely reduced commitment to Sheffield.

It really would surprise me if SUFC’s owner commits to this investment.

I presume the land isn’t available for housing if it’s even remotely within our means?

Really hope so, would make for a cracking new training ground.

Anyone else heard owt?

I suggested a couple of months ago that a plot had been identified.

Many years since l played there but drainage at the bottom was a huge problem along with a slope. It may have been updated over the years.

Anyone else heard owt?
Heard pretty much the same on Friday.
Used to work for the bank & spent many a happy night in the bar.
Locals not happy apparently.

Fair comment. Foxy would you remove? Don’t want to cause any potential issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which field in Dore? The actual HSBC club or that abandoned drug den that used to belong to Castle College?

Many years since l played there but drainage at the bottom was a huge problem along with a slope. It may have been updated over the years.
To the left of the driveway at the bottom is a 3 or 4g pitch now, drains well, in good nick.

Always enjoyed playing there against HSBC back in the late 70's/early 80's in the old Sunday Imperial League. Nice facilities, nice showers and even better, a nice bar 🍻😀. Hope there's something in this, would make a good base for the first team with the requisite groundwork etc.

Aye, it's pretty ropey that bottom pitch but some proper investment will sort it. Cracking site for a new facility.

I wonder if they'll take the artificial pitches up?

Edit: think we're talking about a different bottom pitch, I meant the one to the right as you go up the path. That pitch isn't great.

Back
Top Bottom