CONFIRMED HSBC Sports Ground - New first team training centre

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Surprised that the plan is to keep Shirecliffe. I wonder where the money's coming from. Elsewhere we're talking about sacking tea ladies to make ends meet. Presumably, as others have said, the cost of the site is added on to the price of the club when PA finds a buyer. There will also be major costs involved in developing the site.

Still, good news and totally unexpected.
I'm sure if Shirecliffe was prime real estate it would have been flogged off. As it is, it would be "come buy this land, up rohd is weer that bloke fucked 'is sister, tha noes".

What will? Ecclesall Rangers renting some pitches out? Won’t make a blind bit of difference as they are not owners or tenants so have no say so, plus they have the pitches across the road on the opposite side of limb lane that is their designated home pitches that have nothing to do with hsbc ground.
Great attitude to have towards grassroots football!

I hope there’s a contingency for the kids at Ecclesall Rangers in terms of pitches, there’s a criminally low amount of decent grassroots facilities in the city/county/region despite being one of the greenest cities in the UK.

What will? Ecclesall Rangers renting some pitches out? Won’t make a blind bit of difference as they are not owners or tenants so have no say so, plus they have the pitches across the road on the opposite side of limb lane that is their designated home pitches that have nothing to do with hsbc ground.

They can play at Birkdale or those fields opposite. No one cares about them. In fact I hope Ecclesall Rangers go bust.

I hope there’s a contingency for the kids at Ecclesall Rangers in terms of pitches, there’s a criminally low amount of decent grassroots facilities in the city/county/region despite being one of the greenest cities in the UK.
You will find there are loads of underused pitches in Sheffield ,it's not the facilities that's the problem

People that aren’t owners or tenants object to planning permission for all sorts of reasons. Extra traffic for example.

It’s not an attitude I’m just stating facts, Ecclesall Rangers have a home ground it’s Whirlow playing fields opposite HSBC which is a bigger area with more pitches than HSBC, I assume they have been granted Whirlow playing fields by Sheffield Council, so are you saying they want all that area which is big, maybe half a dozen pitches, and because they may rent the odd pitch off HSBC for some games they want that as well? Give over..

Just a few miles away....

People that aren’t owners or tenants object to planning permission for all sorts of reasons. Extra traffic for example.
There will be less traffic with United, there will be players and staff going in. As opposed to loads of people who use the facilities now, bank staff, football teams, cricket teams.. will be far less traffic with Utd.

Yes anyone can oppose planning permission but I thought you meant ecclsall rangers would have a bigger say as they rent the odd pitch out, they won’t. They will have the same say as a miserable old sod across the road who complains for the sake of complaining.

It’s not an attitude I’m just stating facts, Ecclesall Rangers have a home ground it’s Whirlow playing fields opposite HSBC which is a bigger area with more pitches than HSBC, I assume they have been granted Whirlow playing fields by Sheffield Council, so are you saying they want all that area which is big, maybe half a dozen pitches, and because they may rent the odd pitch off HSBC for some games they want that as well? Give over..
They obviously don’t have enough pitches or they would just use their home ground.

Grassroots clubs have numerous teams and there aren’t enough decent facilities around to house them.

There will be less traffic with United, there will be players and staff going in. As opposed to loads of people who use the facilities now, bank staff, football teams, cricket teams.. will be far less traffic with Utd.

Yes anyone can oppose planning permission but I thought you meant ecclsall rangers would have a bigger say as they rent the odd pitch out, they won’t. They will have the same say as a miserable old sod across the road who complains for the sake of complaining.
No I said it might be an issue that’s taken into account. Porter play on there as well.

one answer would be to resolve what is going on over the road in the patch of land bounded by Ash House Lane, Hathersage Road and Cross Lane.

Used to have great flat pitches on there for a works team but has been dererlict for decades. You'd probably get 4 junior pitches on there

one answer would be to resolve what is going on over the road in the patch of land bounded by Ash House Lane, Hathersage Road and Cross Lane.

Used to have great flat pitches on there for a works team but has been dererlict for decades. You'd probably get 4 junior pitches on there
Yep, someone has to pay for it though and grassroots clubs don’t tend to have the money spare to put up the 25% required to get matches funding from the Football Foundation. Lots of clubs and teams barely cover costs.

Reactions: Dkc
They obviously don’t have enough pitches or they would just use their home ground.

Grassroots clubs have numerous teams and there aren’t enough decent facilities around to house them.
They probably have more pitches than just about every junior club in Sheffield. The whole of Whirlow playing fields is their home ground. If they hire HSBC at times I’m guessing it’s for the eldest age groups who want a nice flat pitch and not a sloping one, maybe Lnd Rd Blades can confirm that.

End of the day HSBC is a private sports ground which primarily is for bank staff to enjoy and hire pitches out to some lucky teams but it is not there for grassroots football. Now its there for United.

Graves ,concourd that's 2 more and 20 odd pitches
There are tonnes of matches on Graves every weekend. It’s back to back Sundays with one team off and the next on.

If you’re walking past empty pitches at 10am on a Tuesday morning consider that it might not be the case on a Saturday and Sunday morning.

In my experience the last few years, junior football pitches are like rocking horse shit.

They can play at Birkdale or those fields opposite. No one cares about them. In fact I hope Ecclesall Rangers go bust.
Did the posh lads of ecclesall turn you over. Don't worry, I've seen it plenty of times;)

If you can't source a football pitch on Saturday or Sunday nowadays your not really looking

Very expensive facility and I’m not sure that the university allows it to be hired by grassroots clubs.
Plenty of grass root football clubs have used warminster and still do ,not saying it doesn't cost but is top quality

If you can't source a football pitch on Saturday or Sunday nowadays your not really looking
Cost, location and availability at the times when league fixtures run. Factor those in and it’s slim pickings.

Back
Top Bottom