'Memries' How to recognise Billy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How should the club recognise him

• Build a statue

Votes: 95 30.8%
  • Rename the kop after him

Votes: 150 48.7%
  • A suite in the John street

Votes: 57 18.5%
  • Nothing

Votes: 38 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I’d love a statue but that’s been shot down due to costs and potential expansion of the SS.

Woodward should have had a stand , the Kop will always be the Kop , but i would name another part of the ground after him !

Believe this or not, I’m dead against a statue.

Pay him what he is owed and organise a send off (incl JOC and Enda) where the fans can truly give thanks and appreciation.

I’m having my stilts built especially for the occasion 😉😂.

UTB

Believe this or not, I’m dead against a statue.

Pay him what he is owed and organise a send off (incl JOC and Enda) where the fans can truly give thanks and appreciation.

I’m having my stilts built especially for the occasion 😉😂.

UTB
19D5FEB4-8727-4185-9066-B6A0D5733142.jpeg19D5FEB4-8727-4185-9066-B6A0D5733142.jpeg

He's about 5ft 9, got a tattoo on his right arm, short dark hair, quite a small mouth when it's closed, ears aren't that big but they stick out a little, couple of furrowed frown lines on his forehead, quite a long neck for his height, pretty beefy arms and a barrel chest.

Io0k6b2-_400x400.jpg

Statues should be for/of dead people, and hopefully Billy's relationship with his and our club will continue for many years to come in some form or other.

Is this open for anybody who comes on the site to vote?

Because I cant believe 17 Blades (14%) currently have voted no recognition. Very suspicious.

Is this open for anybody who comes on the site to vote?

Because I cant believe 17 Blades (14%) currently have voted no recognition. Very suspicious.

Hi Stegosaurus here. I'm one of them.
It's a bit tinpot to build a statue of a player who while good in the lower leagues, couldn't hack it in the top flight.

Hi Stegosaurus here. I'm one of them.
It's a bit tinpot to build a statue of a player who while good in the lower leagues, couldn't hack it in the top flight.
Bizarre take - so in your book only clubs in the top half of the Prem should ever pay tribute to their best/favourite players?

Agree statues normally end up a bit naff though. But I like Berkshire Blade ’s suggestion. Go hard or go home. I’m picturing something like this…

1686190786889.jpeg

Though maybe he should be on horseback 🤔

A start would be allowing that flag back up on the Kop.

I agree with the earlier poster who says statues are for dead people. I think it’s too early for that. I feel as though some time has to pass before you get one.

Not a fan of retiring shirt numbers, as has been mentioned elsewhere.

Kop or naming a suite after him would be the best of the other options. Also like the idea that Ainsley mentioned about a mural, but you can guarantee some knobhead would graffiti over it (probably with something offensive about his son).

A start would be allowing that flag back up on the Kop.

I agree with the earlier poster who says statues are for dead people. I think it’s too early for that. I feel as though some time has to pass before you get one.

Not a fan of retiring shirt numbers, as has been mentioned elsewhere.

Kop or naming a suite after him would be the best of the other options. Also like the idea that Ainsley mentioned about a mural, but you can guarantee some knobhead would graffiti over it (probably with something offensive about his son).
This is why that side of the kop could work nicely, whereas on street is too risky

How about a Pete McKee mural? I know the blokes a Wendy bastard but work is work. Or any mural tbh. Something lasting. Pigs have some crap daubed on Penistone road, we could have summat on the inside somewhere.

Think Pete would love to do it if asked. He's done some great work in the past for both clubs and despite being one of theirs, he's more a champion of Sheffield and Sheffield culture. I'm not a fan of his art, but it's become part of our culture over the last 40 years.

Back
Top Bottom